Choice made : Always append distribution codename in the page name (=accuracy).
Choice made : Namespace seems alright now.
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 51:||Line 51:|
== TODO: Choose a Namespace ==
* Pages titles should be chosen carefully, as they are important to both human and search engine.
* Under moinmoin wiki, the page name is the same as the page title (which is a good thing).
* Moinmoin search keyword in page titles by default, so Installing_Debian_On/Dell/Latitude_D620(etch) has more change to match what user wants.
* The namespace is how people understand the site organisation.
#### DONE #### * some wiki features might work with !DebianOnThinkpadT60 but not with Debian_On_Thinkpad_T60 or with Debian/On/Thinkpad/T60 (like managing attachment, finding !PageFragment, using variables, using built-in search ... see [wiki:MoinMoin:HelpOnEditing/SubPages SubPages])
#### DONE #### * some wiki features might work with !DebianOnThinkpadT60 but not with Debian_On_Thinkpad_T60 (or with Debian/On/Thinkpad/T60 )
* Automatic linking of "Wiki_Page_With_Space" doesn't work (Not sure should be considered a bug;)
* Searching ''!WikiPage'' works, searching ''Wiki_Page'' doesn't work at all, searching ''Wiki Page'' returns all page with ''Wiki'' or ''Page'', searching ''"Wiki Page"'' works fine (see [wiki:MoinMoin:MoinMoinBugs/UnderscoreAndTitleSearch UnderscoreAndTitleSearch] )
Typically, the namespace could be could be
* Install_Debian_On/Dell - Manufacturer homepage. State Linux support (we can link "Dell" to "Install_Debian_On/Dell")
* Install_Debian_On/Dell/Latitude - Optional page
#### DONE:Page should be created with Debian name in it #### * Install_Debian_On/Dell/Latitude_D620 ''- the page "How to install Debian on Dell Latitude D620"'' [[BR]] '' Later, it would possible to split it for different Debian version (+ redirection from old page) ''
* Install_Debian_On/Dell/Latitude_D620(lenny) ''Even if it event released yet''
* Install_Debian_On/Dell/Latitude_D620/Discussion ''- Page comments, discussions...''
* Install_Debian_On/!PageFragment_Cpufrequtils_!BaseConfig ''- "Page fragment" are to be Included only''
* Installing Debian On/Ratings/!CategoryEtchRatedThreeStars '' - This IS a category AND a page fragment''
["?DebianWikiTopics"] > DebianOn
- [:Installing_Debian_On/Thinkpad: Thinkpad] (IBM and Lenovo)
- [:Installing_Debian_On/HP: Hewlett Packard (HP)]
Non computer (embedded..)
[:DebianOnHandhelds: Hand-helds] Capable of running Debian
- [:DebianWRT: Wireless routers] Capable of running Debian (WRT..)
[:VideoGameConsole: Video Game Consoles] Capable of running Debian (PS3, Xbox..)
See also [:Embedded_Debian:Embedded Debian] pages.
Contributing / Editing
If you want to contribute, you should read DebianOn's [:Installing_Debian_On/HowToContribute:How To Contribute]
TODO & BUG of DebianOn Project
TODO: Review DebianOn Pages
The DebianOn pages should be reviewed by a native English Speakers
TODO: Choose a name
Find a good name (and Logo) for DebianOn.. Any idea ? Suggestion ?
DebianOn : short name. Easy to remember. "On" make "it works".
DebiOn : short name. Easy to remember. sounds too similar to debiAn. also spelling is confusing (might use Debi'On)
iDo (or !.D.O.): for Install Debian On. short name. The I (= myself) might not be the best choice for community project.
Ideo (or I.D'O') : short name. Easy to remember. sounds both like Idea and Ideal.
IdLO : for Install Debian Linux On.