It's right for me. Bye.
I think it's important that pages names includes the word "Install" (may be more important than the word "Debian" which implicit on this wiki). however I came up with this name name to clarify what it is about : InstallKde vs InstallDell. also, the page name must be renamed to CamelCase. What do you think about it ?
If the name is fine for you, I'll take care to rename the pages InstallingDebianOn myself.
Yes, existing pages could be renames under !InstallingDebianOn/Brand/!?ModelName then.
- Hi, I would like to import desktop computers and laptops from [:Hardware#computers:Hardware]. Can I do it ? What do you think about to rename Installing_Debian_On/ pages as DebianOn/ ? Bye
Should PageFragment use PCI ids, or device "name" ? ?BRthe same applies to USB
For example : "!InstallingDebianOn/!PageFragmentIntelIpw3945/etch" vs "InstallingDebian On/!?PageFragment_PCI_8086-4227"
- PCI ids could be easily and automatically linked from a "hardware database"..
- many PCI device with different IDs are often configured with the exact same steps under Linux, like intel 1000 network cards..
fixed bug described below about final parenthesis in URL that aren't properly detected by wiki and MUA.?BR i.e. Switched namespace from "(etch)" to "/etch" notation in URLs.
namespace problem: i have noticed a problem, with URLs like "http://w.d.org/Install_Debian_On/Dell/Latitude_D620(etch)" will be broken when emailed by most MUA and wikis...?BR that's because "intelligent" algorithm that convert URL into active links ... but drops the final ")". -- FranklinPiat ?DateTime(2007-06-18T21:45:40Z)
Namespace : DO add codename to installation guide page name, like "!InstallDebianOn/Dell/!?LatitudeD620(etch)". Therefore :
- The page remains accurate.
- People don't post comment that apply to testing inadvertently.
That's it. The four first pages are created, which makes the basic structure of DebianOn.
[:InstallingDebianOn/HowToContribute:How To Contribute]
Plus two sample page for ["InstallingDebianOn/Thinkpad"] and ["InstallingDebianOn/Thinkpad/T60/etch"].
I will make the templates later, once i have enough feed-back.