PageFragment for PCI and USB device : ids vs dev-name consideration.
asking to merge from Hardware
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 43:||Line 43:|
-- SalokineTerata [[DateTime(2007-11-18T21:12:17Z)]]
Hi, I would like to import desktop computers and laptops from [:Hardware#computers:Hardware]. Can I do it ? What do you think about to rename Installing_Debian_On/ pages as DebianOn/ ?
Should PageFragment use PCI ids, or device "name" ? ?BRthe same applies to USB
For example : "Installing_Debian_On/PageFragment_Intel_ipw3945/etch" vs "Installing Debian On/PageFragment_PCI_8086-4227"
- PCI ids could be easily and automatically linked from a "hardware database"..
- many PCI device with different IDs are often configured with the exact same steps under Linux, like intel 1000 network cards..
fixed bug described below about final parenthesis in URL that aren't properly detected by wiki and MUA.?BR i.e. Switched namespace from "(etch)" to "/etch" notation in URLs.
namespace problem: i have noticed a problem, with URLs like "http://w.d.org/Install_Debian_On/Dell/Latitude_D620(etch)" will be broken when emailed by most MUA and wikis...?BR that's because "intelligent" algorithm that convert URL into active links ... but drops the final ")". -- FranklinPiat ?DateTime(2007-06-18T21:45:40Z)
Namespace : DO add codename to installation guide page name, like "Install_Debian_On/Dell/Latitude_D620(etch)". Therefore :
- The page remains accurate.
- People don't post comment that apply to testing inadvertently.
That's it. The four first pages are created, which makes the basic structure of DebianOn.
I will make the templates later, once i have enough feed-back.
- Hi, I would like to import desktop computers and laptops from [:Hardware#computers:Hardware]. Can I do it ? What do you think about to rename Installing_Debian_On/ pages as DebianOn/ ? Bye