#debian-tech - Debian Technical Discussion (moderated)
Channel topic and aim
- Detailed technical discussions aimed at improving the Debian distribution and project.
The channel has a /Charter that you're encouraged to peruse. Basically, we expect you to play nice, and help make the channel a pleasant and productive environment for everyone, and the channel moderators will actively assist in that.
We're aiming to have some regular scheduled discussions/debates/etc. The theory is these events should be relatively brief (an hour or two), focussed on achieving a particular outcome, and fairly accessible (by making summaries and logs available to people who can't attend).
- debbugs, new features (aj? kamion? dondel? pasc?)
- dealing with buildd failures (vorlon? elmo?)
- moving debian on from md5 (aj?)
- mailing list management (pasc?)
how dc6 is going q&a (dc6 team?)
- AM tutorial (HE? elmo? Ganneff?)
- running debconf (stockholm?)
- working out a trademark strategy (mako? gregp?)
- freedesktop.org in Debian (daniels?)
- physical sciences in Debian (helen?)
- how to recognise contributions by non-developers, debate? (helen? ...?)
- organising wiki.debian.org (?)
(sorted by timezone)