This Netiquette document applies on #debian* channels that do not have their own policies documented.
- Be helpful.
- Try not to be excessively off-topic.
- Try to keep the discussion roughly related to the topic of the channel, especially if you are not (yet) a regular.
- Identify yourself, if you participate in discussions.
- We don't want to invade your privacy but we like to know who we are talking to so we can recognize you on mailing lists, the bug tracker, etc. Putting your identity into the ircname field is a good idea.
- Don't feed the trolls.
- No public logging.
- No bots.
- Don't argue against the rules.
- This includes arguing over actions taken by channel operators. If you feel harassed by operators, /msg them politely, or try rejoining tomorrow.
- Have fun.
If you have a question, don't ask to ask, don't ask if anyone is using application <x>, just come and state your question.