Debian i18n TODO
Churro is the Debian I18N server. This page contains a list of tasks that would have to be done on Churro or for the tools run in Churro.
- [ADMIN] restore rsnapshot
- [DEBPKG] Create a Debian package for the debian-l10n scripts
- When packaged, use a config file per tool
- When packaged, use different sections for each distribution for the generation of the material
- [DEBPKG] Create a Debian package for the DDTP
- [DEBPKG] Create a Debian package for the DDTSS
- [DDTP] add some scripts to handle packages with version in the description (e.g. kernel and kernel modules)
- [DDTP] update ddtc to match the current features. Documentation to ease integration with procmail.
- [DDTP] Fix mailparser to reject incorrect mails (and avoid queuing).
[DDTP] I18n Translation files on the CD. See BTS
- [DEV] Build the graph for the statistics since the beginning (in addition to the yearly, monthly, and weekly graphs)
- [DEV] Implement mail service for translation teams with their own robots (e.g. Dutch)
- [DEV] Change the robots to support reading an mbox
- [DEV] New robot for the call for translation / NMUs
- [DEV] Add a locking mechanism to the dl10n's databases to avoid concurrent execution of tools.
- [NEW] Add testing statistics to the www.debian.org web pages.
- Add pseudo-urls documentation to the www.debian.org web pages (for translation)
- [PROPOSAL] Stop tracking upstream PO files. Only focus on native packages for non-podebconf PO files.
[PROPOSAL] Statistics listed at http://www.debian.org/intl/l10n/po/, http://www.debian.org/intl/l10n/po-debconf/ are built based on the churro material. It would make more sense to build these statistics on churro? We should provide complementary information.
[BUG] Fix the inconsistency between the rrd statistics and the www statistics. pending mail
- [PROPOSAL] Translate NEWS.Debian files.
Infrastructure to create PO files -> po4a + helper
- Patch apt-listchanges (e.g. NENS.Debian-l10n/)
- QA script for the DDTP translations
- To be checked with translation teams: Is there always the same number of paragraphs?
[SYSADMIN] ?SpamAssassin on i18n.debian.net
- [SYSADMIN] Use a non self-signed certificate
- generate the certificate requests
- get it signed (SPI?)
- Patch Debian Developer's Reference
- review previous patches
- simplified po4a doc with recommended usage
- Cleanup Debian Wiki i18n section
- [LICENSE] Clarify licence of tools
- Compendia: 2008-12-07: Eddy: License is MIT (contact me directly if you want a signed email)
- user-tags: to be checked with Denis