Hector Oron is a communication engineer working at Polithecnic University of Catalonia as a R&D developer. Since 2001 he has also worked for embedded ARM companies and as a freelance engineer at Elecmos where his jobs have included linux device drivers, bootloader and root filesystems development for embedded systems in a real-time and safety critical environment, among others. He has also been managing and maintaining Emdebian Free Software project, an official Debian subproject.
Hector has been an official Emdebian developer since 2005, and he is involved in multiple tasks, including...
- Emdebian - framework for cross building Debian DPKG packages
Cross compilers - compile code for foreign architectures
- Infrastructure and webpages development
- Worksessions and meetings organization
- Part of the multiarch specification group to include cross building
Hector is interested and helps ocassionally on porting for other Debian architectures, mostly ARM EABI port
- I can be reached at Debian IRC OFTC/#emdebian and other IRC channels.