Giraffe is the free open source variant of the Zarafa Collaboration Platform packaged for Debian.
Alioth Project: https://alioth.debian.org/projects/pkg-giraffe/
Mailing List (Discussing): https://lists.alioth.debian.org/mailman/listinfo/pkg-giraffe-discuss
Mailing List (Maintaining/Packaging): https://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/pkg-giraffe-maintainers
The packages are not available by the Debian repositories, the packaging process is not yet finished.
import upstream version 7.2.0
- Fix Lintian errors and warnings
- Move dlopen'ed libs to private directory
Remove embedded copies of fckeditor via the dfsg-clean branch in git, (use fckeditor package)
- To be re done with version 7.2
Use dbconfig-common/Debconf to generate the initial configuration
- database name
- database user
- database login
- place of the database (local or remote)
Use dbconfig-common to generate the initial database configuration
installing zarafa-server breaks without this
zarafa-server shouldn't create the database on it owns (it needs to much mysql rights for this -> CREATE DATABASE is needed)
we can do the creation of the database by dbconfig-common and the setup of zarafa-server by the postinst script
- Test full functionality
- We'd need some Outlook users here, too...
- fix init script
- systemd compatibility
- error out when database is missing
- often hangs on stop
- systemd unit
- clean up packages (empty packages etc.)
- MTA integration
- check package descriptions
- logrotate (upstream available in installer/linux/zarafa.logrotate, put in zarafa-common, split it per package)
- check pre-/postinstall scripts: they do no error handling, don't include debhelper snippets
- z-push upstream update
- do not run as UID 0 (problematic for zarafa-search, otherwise it is configurable in the config files)
- Rename zarafa-client to libzarafa-client since it contains no client programs
- make libzarafaclient a proper versioned shared lib (or a private one)
- zarafa-libarchiver: rename to libzarafa-archiver
- zarafa-common: kill it with fire, no useful parts
Package webapp (which seems possible since it is AGPL3, too). prepared git repo: https://github.com/tijuca/zarafa-webaccess
WebApp tarball ships jQuery, extjs (3.4) and TinyMCE 4.0. (TinyMCE is does not seem to be in the Debian repositories, but to old)
- Lintian is complaining about
The origin of this list is provided by GuidoGünther in https://honk.sigxcpu.org/piki/agx/publications/2011-06-debian-groupware-zs.pdf
We have currently a re branded artwork made by René Heinen. The graphics are used inside the web application.
The main login window.
The graphic on the left side on top.