Giraffe is the free open source variant of the Zarafa Collaboration Platform packaged for Debian.
Alioth Project: https://alioth.debian.org/projects/pkg-giraffe/
Mailing List: https://lists.alioth.debian.org/mailman/listinfo/pkg-giraffe-discuss
The packages are not available by the Debian repositories, the packaging process is not yet finished.
repackage libvmime (removed from Debian https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=774306 )
- import upstream version 7.2.0
- Fix Lintian errors and warnings
Review and forward patches against libical (and libvmime, see above) on upstream. For now it seems we can run with the versions of the revitalized package.
- Move dlopen'ed libs to private directory
Remove embedded copies of fckeditor via the dfsg-clean branch in git, (use fckeditor package)
- To be re done with version 7.2
- Use Debconf to generate the initial configuration
- database name
- database user
- database login
- place of the database (local or remote)
- more needed?
Use dbconfig-common to generate the initial database configuration
- installing zarafa-server breaks without this
zarafa-server shouldn't create the database on it owns (it needs to much mysql rights for this -> CREATE DATABASE is needed)
we can do the creation of the database by dbconfig-common and the setup of zarafa-server by the postinst script
- Package webapp (which seems possible since it is AGPL3, too).
WebApp tarball ships jQuery, extjs (3.4) and TinyMCE 4.0. (TinyMCE does not seem to be in the debian repositories)
- Test full functionality
- We'd need some Outlook users here, too...
- fix init script
- systemd compatibility
- error out when database is missing
- systemd unit
- clean up packages (empty packages etc.)
- MTA integration
- check package descriptions
- check pre-/postinstall scripts
- z-push upstream update
The origin of this list is provided by GuidoGünther in https://honk.sigxcpu.org/piki/agx/publications/2011-06-debian-groupware-zs.pdf
We have currently a re branded artwork made by René Heinen. The graphics are used inside the web application.
The main login window.
The graphic on the left side on top.