Giraffe is the free open source variant of the Zarafa Collaboration Platform packaged for Debian.
Alioth Project: https://alioth.debian.org/projects/pkg-giraffe/
The packages are not available by the Debian repositories, the packaging process is not yet finished.
repackage libvmime (removed from Debian https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=774306 )
- import upstream version 7.2.0
- evaluate trademark policy changes and decide on the necessity of rebranding
- depended Debranding if needed:
Remove Zarafa logos from Zarafa Web Access
Rename the packages from zarafa-* to giraffe-*
Replace the favicon in giraffe-webaccess
- Don't rename any binaries/directories
- Should we better rename all or none of them?
- We still have to provide a place to mention Zarafa (see their license)!
- Fix debian/copyright
- Fix Lintian errors and warnings
- Move dlopen'ed libs to private directory
Remove embedded copies of fckeditor via the dfsg-clean branch in git, (use fckeditor package)
- Partially done, we need to create DFSG source via import filter.
Remove embedded copy of php-webclient-ajax/client/widgets/swfupload/swfupload.swf use of libjs-swfupload instead
- Use Debconf to generate the initial configuration
- database name
- database user
- database login
- place of the database (local or remote)
- more needed?
Use dbconfig-common to generate the initial database configuration
- installing giraffe-server breaks without this
giraffe-server shouldn't create the database on it owns (it needs to much mysql rights for this -> CREATE DATABASE is needed)
we can do the creation of the database by dbconfig-common and the setup of giraffe-server by the postinst script
- Package webapp (which seems possible since it is AGPL3, too).
?WebApp tarball ships jQuery, extjs (3.4) and TinyMCE 4.0. (TinyMCE does not seem to be in the debian repositories)
- Test full functionality
- We'd need some Outlook users here, too...
- fix init script
- systemd compatibility
- error out when database is missing
- systemd unit
- clean up packages (empty packages etc.)
- z-push upstream update
The origin of this list is provided by GuidoGünther in https://honk.sigxcpu.org/piki/agx/publications/2011-06-debian-groupware-zs.pdf
We have currently a re branded artwork made by René Heinen. The graphics are used inside the web application.
The main login window.
The graphic on the left side on top.