Here are links to various resources which could potentially help in making Debian a better distribution for gaming.
- Linux gaming site covering Free and non-free linux games.
- Another news site for Linux games, both free and non-free.
- A commented compendium on Free Software Games.
- Yet another news site on linux games. Remember folks, gaming as root isn't a good idea.
- OMG! Ubuntu games articles
- Ubuntu Games blog
Linux gaming community on reddit, see also the wiki
- Open sources gaming community on reddit
- Database for native Linux games, with Debian package information.
- Large list of games and related links on Arch Linux wiki
Database for native Linux games (3100 games, 490 tools) & resources, with Debian package information.
The free gaming encyclopedia, including a large List of games
- Games list and other resources maintained by the Ubuntu community.
- A listing of games that run on Linux, hosted at icculus.org.
- Games packaged by the playdeb.net team.
- Directory of free and non-free Linux games
- Indie free and non-free Linux games
List of games supported by ./play.it
- Humble indie bundle (some games are free code with non-free data)
Games for the ?OpenPandora gaming device
Games for the ?OpenMoko smartphones
Gaming distribution for the ?OpenMoko smartphones
- The Fedora gaming spin
- List of Linux games available on Valve's DRM platform
- List of open source games, game frameworks and game creation tools
See also the Games/Suggested Debian Wiki page.
Game Development Communities
- Resources on games using the allegro library, some working on Linux, some being Free.
- Games using the OpenAL library.
- Games using the Lightweight Java Game Library.
- Wiki page of games and other projects that use the Ogre engine.
- A list of projects that use Crystal Space.
- Screenshots of games and other projects that use the Irrlicht engine.
Game Engines / Libraries
- Cross platform multimedia library. Similar to SDL but C++ focussed. Bindings are also available for many other languages.
- Cross-platform 3D audio API appropriate for use with gaming applications and many other types of audio applications.
- OpenAL Soft is an update/replacement to the OpenAL SI library hosted by Creative.
- Utility library to help manage common tasks with OpenAL applications.
- Links to game engines, libraries, bindings, and other resources for OpenAL.
Lightweight Java Game Library
- Solution aimed directly at professional and amateur Java programmers alike to enable commercial quality games to be written in Java.
Ogre 3D Engine
- OGRE (Object-Oriented Graphics Rendering Engine) is a scene-oriented, flexible 3D engine written in C++ designed to make it easier and more intuitive for developers to produce applications utilising hardware-accelerated 3D graphics.
- G3D is a commercial-grade C++ 3D engine available as Open Source (BSD License).
- A free cross-platform software development kit for realtime 3D graphics, in particular games.
- An open source high performance realtime 3D engine.
- ioquake3 (or ioq3 for short,) aims to build upon id Software's Quake 3 source code release.
- Cross-platform adventure game engine
The Emulator Zone
- Website which is mainly aimed at providing information about console emulators.
3D engine tutorials
- Side by side comparasion of the major open source engines like Ogre, Crystal Space and Irrlicht
- Cross-platform, open source, game programming libraries, primarily for C and C++ developers.
Fedora Project Games Page
OpenSuSE games wish list
The Gentoo Games Project
(French) Jeux Libres point net
(German) Holarse's OSS games list
(Spanish) LinuxJuegos is probably one of the most important blogs about games in Linux written in Spanish.
(Portuguese) http://ubuntugames.org/ - nice matrix of games, split by genre