|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 35:||Line 35:|
|. '''[[http://apps.open-pandora.org/cgi-bin/viewarea.pl?Games|Pandora Apps - Games]]'''||. '''[[http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=all&cat=Game|Pandora Apps - Games]]'''|
|Line 51:||Line 51:|
|. '''[[http://www.ogre3d.org/wiki/index.php/Projects_using_OGRE|Games/Projects using Ogre]]'''||. '''[[http://www.ogre3d.org/tikiwiki/tiki-index.php?page=Projects+using+OGRE|Games/Projects using Ogre]]'''|
Here are links to various resources which could potentially help in making Debian a better distribution for gaming.
- Linux gaming site covering Free and non-free linux games.
- Another news site for Linux games, both free and non-free.
- A commented compendium on Free Software Games.
- Yet another news site on linux games. Remember folks, gaming as root isn't a good idea.
- OMG! Ubuntu games articles
- Ubuntu Games blog
- Linux gaming community on reddit
- Open sources gaming community on reddit
- Database for native Linux games, with Debian package information.
Database for native Linux games (3100 games, 490 tools) & resources, with Debian package information.
- Games list and other resources maintained by the Ubuntu community.
- A listing of games that run on Linux, hosted at icculus.org.
- Games packaged by the playdeb.net team.
- Humble indie bundle (some games are free code with non-free data)
Games for the ?OpenPandora gaming device
Games for the ?OpenMoko smartphones
Gaming distribution for the ?OpenMoko smartphones
- The Fedora gaming spin
Game Development Communities
- Resources on games using the allegro library, some working on Linux, some being Free.
- Games using the OpenAL library.
- Games using the Lightweight Java Game Library.
- Wiki page of games and other projects that use the Ogre engine.
- A list of projects that use Crystal Space.
- Screenshots of games and other projects that use the Irrlicht engine.
A list of games that use SDL (Simple DirectMedia Layer).
Game Engines / Libraries
- Cross platform multimedia library. Similar to SDL but C++ focussed. Bindings are also available for many other languages.
- Cross-platform 3D audio API appropriate for use with gaming applications and many other types of audio applications.
- OpenAL Soft is an update/replacement to the OpenAL SI library hosted by Creative.
- Utility library to help manage common tasks with OpenAL applications.
- Links to game engines, libraries, bindings, and other resources for OpenAL.
Lightweight Java Game Library
- Solution aimed directly at professional and amateur Java programmers alike to enable commercial quality games to be written in Java.
Ogre 3D Engine
- OGRE (Object-Oriented Graphics Rendering Engine) is a scene-oriented, flexible 3D engine written in C++ designed to make it easier and more intuitive for developers to produce applications utilising hardware-accelerated 3D graphics.
- G3D is a commercial-grade C++ 3D engine available as Open Source (BSD License).
- A free cross-platform software development kit for realtime 3D graphics, in particular games.
- An open source high performance realtime 3D engine.
- ioquake3 (or ioq3 for short,) aims to build upon id Software's Quake 3 source code release.
- Cross-platform adventure game engine
The Emulator Zone
- Website which is mainly aimed at providing information about console emulators.
3D engine tutorials
- Side by side comparasion of the major open source engines like Ogre, Crystal Space and Irrlicht
- Cross-platform, open source, game programming libraries, primarily for C and C++ developers.
Fedora Project Games Page
OpenSuSE games wish list
The Gentoo Games Project
SuSE game packages