This page is incomplete, please add the relevant information which you see fit.
The ?DataLoader project has as goals the following:
- provide a way to make the package management aware of non-official packages so the game can depend on them
- non-free data files (e.g.: quake3 data-files)
- local data files (e.g.: Ooilte OXP packages)
- create some meta-packages for the unofficial packages which, if uninstalled will remove all the files installed unofficially
The non-official packages could be created from tarballs fetched from:
- http servers
- ftp servers
- local filesystem
This is implemented within `game-data-packager (pts).
This is arranged in an approximate chronological order: items nearest the top are things that Jon is working on next. Please feel free to open discussions about this on the debian-devel-games list.
Rise of the Triad support
- gdp: change default rott behaviour away from downloading from the net
- gdp: change default behaviour away from installing the downloaded package
- gdp/rott: figure out migration path
- rott version X needs to depend: on rott-data
- rott versions prior to that should conflict
- thus gdp-generated package needs to handle that
- anything missing?
- merge rottnet into rott
- merge rott into master
- merge document branch into master
- this will mean the slipstream stuff will need to be updated
- make testsuite branch depend on external shunit2
- merge testsuite branch into master
- this will mean the slipstream tests will need to be updated
- look at this again