Various games are divided into two logical parts: engine and data. Often the engine and data are licenced in different ways, such that only one half can be distributed in Debian.
game-data-packager is a tool which builds .deb files for game data which cannot be distributed in Debian (such as commercial game data).
At the moment, game-data-packager has support for building debs for Doom games (Doom, Doom 2 and Final Doom) and Quake 3. In development is support for Rise of the Triad, and others are in the pipeline.
This is arranged in an approximate chronological order: items nearest the top are things that Jon is working on next. Please feel free to open discussions about this on the debian-devel-games list.
Rise of the Triad support
- gdp/rott: figure out migration path
- rott version X needs to depend: on rott-data
- rott versions prior to that should conflict
- thus gdp-generated package needs to handle that
- anything missing?
- merge rott into master
- merge document branch into master
- this will mean the slipstream stuff will need to be updated
- make testsuite branch depend on external shunit2
- merge testsuite branch into master
- this will mean the slipstream tests will need to be updated
- support for fetching the point release from the web