This page is a draft for a new frontpage.
- List ideas for front page contents
- O - Select ideas for front page contents
- O - Choose a layout
- O - Make drat
- O - request for comments (Marketing, etc..)
- O - rewrite "1st level" pages
(O=Todo ; = Work In Progress ; = Done)
Front page entries
Analyse of Current Structure
- Welcome to _Debian_ Wiki (8335 Hits)
- News (5301 Hits)
Lesson : News are important (to show we're active/successful), but visitors don't click on the link. FranklinPiat.
- Community (3747 Hits)
- Contribute to Wiki (4340 hits)
- Quick Introduction (1683 hits)
- Quick Install (20130 hits)
- Quick Package (14472 hits)
- Desktop (33661 hits)
- Software (27044 hits)
- Hardware (33837 hits)
- Command Line (18433 hits)
wrong : This page is about "how", not about "what". move it to New users section. FranklinPiat
- System Administration (33480 hits)
- Network Services (21161 hits)
- Debian Development (8321 hits)
- Programming (7195 hits)
- Tools (9404 hits)
FindPage (32494 hits)
- DebianWiki/Contact (805 hits)
- You can also talk about this page ().
I want the legal mention at the bottom of the page, so current entries of the footer will have to go somewhere else FranklinPiat
MoinMoin Powered (? hits)
- Python Powered (? hits)
- Valid HTML 4.01 (? hits)
- What our visitors expects ?
But keep #collab-not-docs in mind
- But do we actually have some content for that ?
- Which pages the visitors actually visit ( ! )
- What do we want to show ?
- Debian is active.
- Debian is successful.
- Every one can contribute (Link to pages like Teams/* and "How to Contribute" )
This wiki is a place to provide solutions (HowTo)
FrontPage V3 entries
Search the wiki box.
FAQs (Current FAQs ! needs collaboration with IRC #debian team, and other project)
?HowTos (real ones, not just rewrites of existing manpages)
Get Debian link.
Other candidate entries
Front page guidelines
The wiki is a place for collaboration, not for documentation, see DebianWiki/Content