add changelog link
add step to check for uncommitted changes on weblate
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 6:||Line 6:|
|1. First, check if there are any [[https://hosted.weblate.org/projects/freedombox/plinth/#repository|uncommitted changes]] on weblate. Commit if there are any.|
This is a brief description of the process of releasing a new version of FreedomBox.
Plinth Upstream Release
After deciding (with other developers) that a new release is needed:
First, check if there are any uncommitted changes on weblate. Commit if there are any.
Update translation strings by running python3 setup.py update_translations. Commit and push to master.
- Weblate will automatically update with the latest changes.
- Usually there is a "string freeze" period that allows translators to update their translations for the release.
After the "string freeze", check if any changes need to be committed (requires weblate login).
- The Release Notes are a summary of changes relevant to end users.
- The Changelog includes more details that are relevant to contributors.
Fetch the latest manual by running make -C doc fetch. Commit.
Update the version number in plinth/__init__.py. Update the changelog. Commit and tag the release. Push to master (including the tag).
Updating the Debian package for new Plinth upstream release
Fetch the newly tagged upstream release: ./debian/rules new-upstream
- This will fetch the upstream tarball, and also make commits/tags in the master, pristine-tar, and upstream branches.
Run dch -i and update the version number.
- Update dependencies and patches, if necessary.
Build the package using gbp buildpackage -us -uc.
- Check for any new lintian errors.