Comment: add 0.23 release notes
add 0.25 release notes
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 5:||Line 5:|
|For more technical details, see the [[https://github.com/freedombox/Plinth/blob/master/CHANGELOG.md|Plinth changelog]].||For more technical details, see the [[https://salsa.debian.org/freedombox-team/plinth/blob/master/debian/changelog|Plinth changelog]].|
|Line 12:||Line 12:|
== Version 0.25.0 (2018-03-12) ==
* sharing: Add app for sharing disk folders.
* ttrss: Update list of client apps.
* infinoted: Allow setup to recover after timeout issue.
* snapshots: Add configuration tab with settings for time-based snapshots.
== Plinth v0.24.0 (2018-02-26) ==
* Add file-sharing application Coquelicot.
* Add metasearch engine application Searx.
* Add locale for Hungarian (hu).
* mediawiki: Allow shortcut to be publicly visible on front page.
* clients: Add and correct Client Apps.
* locale: Preferred language can be set in each user's profile.
* locale: Anonymous users can select preferred language.
* config: Remove language selection from config page.
* matrixsynapse: Fix mail attribute for ldap login.
- Version 0.25.0 (2018-03-12)
- Plinth v0.24.0 (2018-02-26)
- Plinth v0.23.0 (2018-02-12)
- Plinth v0.22.0 (2018-01-30)
- Plinth v0.21.0 (2018-01-15)
- Plinth v0.20.0 (2018-01-01)
- Plinth v0.19.0 (2017-12-18)
- Plinth v0.18.0 (2017-12-04)
- Plinth v0.17.0 (2017-11-20)
- Plinth v0.16.0 (2017-11-06)
- Plinth v0.15.3 (2017-10-20)
- Plinth v0.15.2 (2017-09-24)
- Plinth v0.15.0 (2017-07-01)
- Plinth v0.14.0 (2017-04)
- Plinth v0.13.1 (2017-01-22)
- Plinth v0.12.0 (2016-12-08)
- Plinth v0.11.0 (2016-09-29)
- Plinth v0.10.0 (2016-08-21)
- Version 0.9.4 (2016-06-24)
- Version 0.9 (2016-04-24)
- Version 0.8 (2016-02-20)
- Version 0.7 (2015-12-13)
- Version 0.6 (2015-10-31)
- Version 0.5 (2015-08-07)
- Version 0.3 (2015-01-20)
- Version 0.2 (2014-03-16)
- Version 0.1 (2013-02-26)
Please check as well contribution, progress calls, and TODOs related pages.
For more technical details, see the Plinth changelog.
The following are the release notes for each FreedomBox version.
Version 0.25.0 (2018-03-12)
- sharing: Add app for sharing disk folders.
- ttrss: Update list of client apps.
- infinoted: Allow setup to recover after timeout issue.
- snapshots: Add configuration tab with settings for time-based snapshots.
Plinth v0.24.0 (2018-02-26)
- Add file-sharing application Coquelicot.
- Add metasearch engine application Searx.
- Add locale for Hungarian (hu).
- mediawiki: Allow shortcut to be publicly visible on front page.
- clients: Add and correct Client Apps.
- locale: Preferred language can be set in each user's profile.
- locale: Anonymous users can select preferred language.
- config: Remove language selection from config page.
- matrixsynapse: Fix mail attribute for ldap login.
Plinth v0.23.0 (2018-02-12)
- snapshots: Modify configurations to reduce disk usage.
- snapshots: Skip currently active snapshot when deleting all snapshots.
- jsxc: Use consistent url format.
- sso: Increase timeout to 60 minutes.
- theme: Change font from Helvetica to Lato.
- Translation updates for Czech, German, Gujarati, and Telugu.
Plinth v0.22.0 (2018-01-30)
- matrix-synapse: Make sure configuration file does not get corrupted.
- tor: Show enabled status properly.
- first_setup: Fix not showing admin user creation step.
Migrate from GitHub to Salsa
Migrate from CirceCI to GitLab CI on Salsa.
- Translation updates for Czech, Dutch, Gujarati, Hindi, Russian and Telugu.
- Started new translation for Ukrainian.
Plinth v0.21.0 (2018-01-15)
- navigation bar: Change label from 'Configuration' to 'System'.
- storage: Removed beta warning for expanding partition.
- groups: Consistently show available user groups, even before applications are installed.
- syncthing: Restrict administration to users in "syncthing" group.
- help: Show menu on smaller screens also.
- diagnostics: Enable the "Run Diagnostics" button when applications are enabled but not running.
Plinth v0.20.0 (2018-01-01)
- bind: Don't use forwarders by default
- ejabberd: Remove redundant button Client Apps
- mediawiki: Add wiki application
- users: Make sure first run actually works
- bind: Add information about current utility
Plinth v0.19.0 (2017-12-18)
- ejabberd: Use dynamic reload instead of restart when changing configuration.
- manual: Make manual available as a PDF download.
- minetest: Show domain information for users to connect to minetest.
- snapshots: Add button to delete all snapshots.
- snapshots: Add option to enable/disable automatic timeline snapshots.
- users: Add groups for bit-torrent and feed-reader, available when these applications are installed.
Plinth v0.18.0 (2017-12-04)
- Add Shadowsocks client with socks5 proxy.
- Fix SSO regressions and conflict with captcha.
- transmission: Fix sso not being enabled on upgrade.
avahi: Add service for FreedomBox discovery.
- Add client information for modules.
Plinth v0.17.0 (2017-11-20)
- transmission: Enable Single Sign On.
- cockpit: Add short description to frontpage shortcut.
- fail2ban: Fix spelling and sentence structure.
Plinth v0.16.0 (2017-11-06)
- Add mobile, web and desktop client info for modules.
Enable django SecurityMiddleware to improve security ratings.
- cockpit: New module for server administration and web terminal.
- letsencrypt: Fix internal server error when obtaining a certificate.
- ejabberd: Fix LDAP server entry in config file during setup.
- jsxc: Fix outdated URLs for connecting to local ejabberd server.
Plinth v0.15.3 (2017-10-20)
- Rename Disks to Storage.
- Rename Snapshot to Storage Snapshots.
- tt-rss: Enable API access by default.
- Allow access to Plinth from outside the LAN.
- matrix-synapse: Disable public registration by default.
- power: Merge actions into the user dropdown.
- Add locales for Kannada (kn) and for Bengali (bn).
- ejabberd: Use Let's Encrypt certificate, also across renewals.
- matrix-synapse: Add enable/disable public registrations.
- Add captcha validation on 3 failed attempts.
- matrix-synapse: Enable LDAP integration.
- letsencrypt: Automatically obtain and revoke SSL certificates.
- Fix front page label names.
- Fix vertical alignment of shortcut icons.
- storage: Fix issue with locales that use other decimal separators.
- Make tt-rss api accessible using Apache basic auth.
- letsencrypt: Handle case where current domain is empty.
- Handle both admin and non-admin user names in update user template.
Plinth v0.15.2 (2017-09-24)
- letsencrypt: Show more info on cert validity status.
- letsencrypt: Add option to delete certificates.
- letsencrypt: Add option to let Plinth manage certbot's renewal hooks.
- power: Warn if a package manager is running before shutdown/restart.
- security: Install and manage fail2ban.
- names: Include domain and services from dynamicdns.
- disks: Add low disk space warning to system and disks page.
- ssh: New application to manage SSH server.
- Add api module to get enabled services and access info.
- Add Django password validators.
- ejabberd, ikiwiki, ttrss: Add user login descriptions.
- diaspora: Disable for this release due to issues affecting package.
- Remove help from navbar before firstboot complete.
- i18n: Don't use backslash-newline for wrapping long lines.
- radicale: Update link to documentation.
- sso: Upgrade crypto to 4096-bit RSA and SHA-512.
- Users: Allow non-admin users to log out.
- letsencrypt: Make Let's Encrypt an essential module.
- UI: Make apps and configure pages responsive on small screens.
- Make help accessible for logged-in non-admin users.
Plinth v0.15.0 (2017-07-01)
- Added Tahoe-LAFS module for distributed file storage.
- Added Diaspora* module for federated social networking.
- Currently only available in "contrib" repository.
- New Locales for Czech (cs) and Tamil (ta).
- Added SSO using auth_pubtkt for Syncthing, TT-RSS, and the Repro admin panel.
- If you are logged in to Plinth, you will be automatically logged in to these web apps.
- ejabberd: Added option to enable/disable Message Archive Management.
- help: Added Debian release name to about page.
- firstboot: De-bloat first welcome screen.
- Pinned footer to the bottom of the viewport.
- disks: Restrict precision of reported available space on root partition.
- diagnostics: Disable button if app/service is not running.
- help: Only show help pages if user is logged in.
- navbar: Moved logout to user drop-down and added a new power drop-down.
- disks: Show disabled partition resize option if no space is available.
- Added line break to titles to fix frontpage layout.
- syncthing: Fixed typos and clarity in description.
- firewall: Fix 500 error when firewalld is not running.
- setup: Disable install/upgrade when dpkg/apt is running.
- disks: Use information from lsblk for more accuracy.
- datetime: Show timezone properly when it not in expected list.
Plinth v0.14.0 (2017-04)
- tor: Added option to use upstream bridges.
- openvpn: Added shortcut to front page, shown only when logged-in.
- openvpn: Non-admin users can download their own profiles.
- Added new locales for Hindi (hi) and Gujarati (gu).
- Added Syncthing module for file synchronization.
- Added Matrix Synapse as chat server with groups, audio and video.
- Require admin access for all system configuration pages.
- Changed appearance of topbar and footer.
- openvpn: Regenerate user key or certificate if empty.
- disks: Workaround issue in parted during resize.
Plinth v0.13.1 (2017-01-22)
- Two new apps were added:
- Gobby Server (infinoted) for collaborative editing of text documents
- Domain Name Server (BIND), in system menu
- Added basic configuration form for Minetest server.
Added indicator to Help->About page if new Plinth version is available.
- Show app logos on front page instead of generic icons.
- Prevent anonymous users from accessing setup pages.
- Split Chat Server (XMPP) app into Chat Server (ejabberd) and Chat Client (jsxc).
Plinth v0.12.0 (2016-12-08)
- Open up RTP ports in the firewall for repro (SIP server).
- Front page shortcuts for services show a Configure button in the details box for logged-in users.
- Add mods packages to be installed with Minetest server.
- Fix issue with reading Dynamic DNS status as non-root user.
- After the hostname is changed, ensure the domain name is still set correctly.
- Allow the domain name to be cleared, and properly set the configuration in this case.
- On the Certificates (Let's Encrypt) page, show a more informative message when no domains are configured.
- On the Chat Server (XMPP) page, show more clearly if domain is not set.
- Apps that require login will not be shown on the front page, unless the user is logged in.
- Show status block for News Feed Reader (Tiny Tiny RSS).
- Change appearance of front page with larger icons and repositioned text.
- Firewall page only lists services that have been setup. The port lists are collapsible under each service.
- Support configuring IPv6 networks.
- Make it less likely to accidentally delete the only Plinth user.
- Updated to work with JSXC 3.0.0 (XMPP web client).
Plinth v0.11.0 (2016-09-29)
- Added loading icon for additional busy operations.
- Added basic front page with shortcuts to web apps, and information about enabled services.
- networks: Add batctl as dependency, required for batman-adv mesh networking.
- Fixed checking restricted usernames.
- Display error message if unable to set SSH keys.
- Flush nscd cache after user operations to avoid some types of errors.
- Adopted to using SHA256 fingerprints.
- Sort items for consistent display.
- Handle new uid format of gpg2.
- Fixed handling of unavailable imported domains.
- minetest: Fixed showing status block and diagnostics.
- Fixed stretched favicon.
- Switched base template from container-fluid to container. This will narrow the content area for larger displays.
- Plinth is now able to run as "plinth" user instead of root user.
- xmpp: Replaced jwchat with jsxc.
- ikiwiki: Allow only alphanumerics in wiki/blog name to avoid invalid paths.
Plinth v0.10.0 (2016-08-21)
- Updated Plinth to support Django 1.10.
- Added a page to display recent status log from Plinth. It is accessible from the 500 error page.
- Tor: Added options to toggle relay and bridge relay modes.
- Radicale: Added access rights control.
- Ikiwiki: Updated suggested packages.
- Users and Groups: Fixed editing users without SSH keys.
- Networks: Added basic support for configuring batman-adv mesh networking.
- Networks: Fixed incorrect access for retrieving DNS entries.
- New languages:
- Persian (50% translated)
- Indonesian (not started, contributions needed)
- New modules added to Plinth:
- Disks: Shows free space of mounted partitions, and allows expanding the root partition.
- Security: Controls login restrictions.
- Snapshots: Manages Btrfs snapshots.
Version 0.9.4 (2016-06-24)
- Added Polish translation.
- Fixed issue preventing access to Plinth on a non-standard port.
- Dealt with ownCloud removal from Debian. The ownCloud page in Plinth will be hidden if it has not been setup. Otherwise, a warning is shown.
- Fixed issue in Privoxy configuration. Two overlapping listen-addresses were configured, which prevented privoxy service from starting.
- Fixed issue that could allow someone to start a module setup process without being logged in to Plinth.
- Fixed issues with some diagnostic tests that would show false positive results.
- Added check to Diagnostics to skip tests for modules that have not been setup.
- Fixed some username checks that could cause errors when editing the user.
- Added sorting of menu items per locale.
- Moved Dynamic DNS and Pagekite from Applications to System Configuration.
- Allowed setting IP for shared network connections.
- Switched Dreamplug image from "non-free" to "free". This means that we no longer include the non-free firmware for the built-in wifi on Dreamplug.
- Added the "userdir" module for the Apache web server. This allows users in the "admin" group to create a folder called "public_html" under their home folder, and to publicly share files placed in this folder.
New wiki and manual content licence: Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International (from June 13rd 2016).
- Switched to using apt-get for module setup in Plinth. This fixes several issues that were seen during package installs.
Version 0.9 (2016-04-24)
- Fixed Wi-Fi AP setup.
- Prevent lockout of users in 'sudo' group after setup is complete.
Improved setup mechanism for Plinth modules. Allows users to see what a module is useful for, before doing the setup and package install. Also allows essential modules to be setup by default during FreedomBox install.
- Added HTTPS certificates to Monkeysphere page. Reorganized so that multiple domains can be added to a key.
- Added Radicale, a CalDAV and CardDAV server.
- Added Minetest Server, a multiplayer infinite-world block sandbox.
- Added Tiny Tiny RSS, a news feed reader.
Version 0.8 (2016-02-20)
- Added Quassel, an IRC client that stays connected to IRC networks and can synchronize multiple frontends.
- Improved first boot user interface.
- Fixed Transmission RPC whitelist issue.
- Added translations for Turkish, Chinese, and Russian. Fixed and updated translations in other languages.
- Added Monkeysphere, which uses PGP web of trust for SSH host key verification.
- Added Let's Encrypt, to obtain certificates for domains, so that browser certificate warnings can be avoided.
- Added repro, a SIP server for audio and video calls.
- Allow users to set their SSH public keys, so they can login over SSH without a password.
Version 0.7 (2015-12-13)
- Translations! Full translations of the interface in Danish, Dutch, French, German and Norwegian Bokmål, and partial Telugu.
- Support for OLinuXino A20 MICRO and LIME2
- New Plinth applications: OpenVPN, reStore
- Improved first-boot experience
- Many bugfixes and cleanups
Version 0.6 (2015-10-31)
- New supported hardware target: Raspberry Pi 2
- New modules in Plinth:
- Shaarli: Web application to manage and share bookmarks
Date & Time: Configure time zone and NTP service
- Service Discovery: Configure Avahi service
- Documentation revamp including new user manual and developer guide
- Improved diagnostic tests, available in Plinth
- Avoid unnecessary changes when installing on existing Debian system
- Network configuration supports PPPoE connections
- Debian packages can be download over Tor
Version 0.5 (2015-08-07)
New targets: CubieTruck, i386, amd64
- New apps in Plinth: Transmission, Dynamic DNS, Mumble, ikiwiki, Deluge, Roundcube, Privoxy
NetworkManager handles network configuration and can be manipulated through Plinth.
- Software Upgrades (unattended-upgrades) module can upgrade the system, and enable automatic upgrades.
- Plinth is now capable of installing ejabberd, jwchat, and privoxy, so they are not included in image but can be installed when needed.
- User authentication through LDAP for SSH, XMPP (ejabberd), and ikiwiki.
- Unit test suite is automatically run on Plinth upstream. This helps us catch at least some code errors before they are discovered by users!
- New, simpler look for Plinth.
- Performance improvements for Plinth.
Version 0.3 (2015-01-20)
- Tor Bridges: All boxes now act as non-exit Tor bridges, routing traffic for the Tor network.
Firewall: firewall is on by default and is automatically managed.
Add BeagleBone support. We now have images for BeagleBone, RaspberryPi, VirtualBox i386/amd64, and DreamPlug.
- Ability to enable and use Tor Hidden Services. Works with Ejabberd/JWChat and ownCloud services.
- Enable Tor obfsproxy with scramblesuit.
- Drop well-known root password (an account with sudo capabilities still exists for now but will be removed soon).
- Switch to unstable as suite of choice for easier development.
- Newer images are built with systemd by default (due to Debian change).
- Install and operate firewall automatically (uses firewalld).
- Major restructuring of Plinth UI using Python3, Django web development framework and Bootstrap3. Code quality is much better and UI is more polished.
- Introduced packaging framework in Plinth UI for on-demand application installation.
Version 0.2 (2014-03-16)
Support for Raspberry Pi and VirtualBox (x86) in addition to the ?DreamPlug.
- New Services:
- Configuration Management UI.
- Instant Messaging.
- Low-Level Configuration Management.
- Service Announcement.
- LDAP Server.
- LXC Support.
- Source Packages.
- The privoxy setup is now the default from Debian.
Version 0.1 (2013-02-26)
First FreedomBox software release (0.1 image, developer release).
- Full hardware support in Debian
Support for ?DreamPlug.
- Basic software tools selected as common working environment:
- User interface system "plinth"
- Cryptography tools: gpg or "monkeysphere"
Box-to-box communication design: Freedom-buddy (uses TOR network)
- Web cleaning: "privoxy-freedombox".
HELP & DISCUSSIONS: Discussion Forum - Mailing List - #freedombox irc.debian.org | CONTACT Foundation | JOIN Project
Next call: Saturday, June 10 at 14:00 UTC
This page is copyright its contributors and is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-SA 4.0) license.