add a few missed changes
replace v0.13.0 with v0.13.1
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 3:||Line 3:|
|Please check as well [[FreedomBox/Contribute|contribution]], [[FreedomBox/ProgressCalls|progress calls]], [[FreedomBox/TODO|TODOs]] related pages and [[/ReleaseNotesDev|Release Note for Developers]].||Please check as well [[FreedomBox/Contribute|contribution]], [[FreedomBox/ProgressCalls|progress calls]], and [[FreedomBox/TODO|TODOs]] related pages.
For more technical details, see the [[https://github.com/freedombox/Plinth/blob/master/CHANGELOG.md|Plinth changelog]].
|Line 10:||Line 12:|
== Plinth v0.13.1 (2017-01-22) ==
* Two new apps were added:
* Gobby Server (infinoted) for collaborative editing of text documents
* Domain Name Server (BIND), in system menu
* Added basic configuration form for Minetest server.
* Added indicator to Help->About page if new Plinth version is available.
* Show app logos on front page instead of generic icons.
* Prevent anonymous users from accessing setup pages.
* Split Chat Server (XMPP) app into Chat Server (ejabberd) and Chat Client (jsxc).
- Plinth v0.13.1 (2017-01-22)
- Plinth v0.12.0 (2016-12-08)
- Plinth v0.11.0 (2016-09-29)
- Plinth v0.10.0 (2016-08-21)
- Version 0.9.4 (2016-06-24)
- Version 0.9 (2016-04-24)
- Version 0.8 (2016-02-20)
- Version 0.7 (2015-12-13)
- Version 0.6 (2015-10-31)
- Version 0.5 (2015-08-07)
- Version 0.3 (2015-01-20)
- Version 0.2 (2014-03-16)
- Version 0.1 (2013-02-26)
For more technical details, see the Plinth changelog.
The following are the release notes for each FreedomBox version.
1. Plinth v0.13.1 (2017-01-22)
- Two new apps were added:
- Gobby Server (infinoted) for collaborative editing of text documents
- Domain Name Server (BIND), in system menu
- Added basic configuration form for Minetest server.
Added indicator to Help->About page if new Plinth version is available.
- Show app logos on front page instead of generic icons.
- Prevent anonymous users from accessing setup pages.
- Split Chat Server (XMPP) app into Chat Server (ejabberd) and Chat Client (jsxc).
2. Plinth v0.12.0 (2016-12-08)
- Open up RTP ports in the firewall for repro (SIP server).
- Front page shortcuts for services show a Configure button in the details box for logged-in users.
- Add mods packages to be installed with Minetest server.
- Fix issue with reading Dynamic DNS status as non-root user.
- After the hostname is changed, ensure the domain name is still set correctly.
- Allow the domain name to be cleared, and properly set the configuration in this case.
- On the Certificates (Let's Encrypt) page, show a more informative message when no domains are configured.
- On the Chat Server (XMPP) page, show more clearly if domain is not set.
- Apps that require login will not be shown on the front page, unless the user is logged in.
- Show status block for News Feed Reader (Tiny Tiny RSS).
- Change appearance of front page with larger icons and repositioned text.
- Firewall page only lists services that have been setup. The port lists are collapsible under each service.
- Support configuring IPv6 networks.
- Make it less likely to accidentally delete the only Plinth user.
- Updated to work with JSXC 3.0.0 (XMPP web client).
3. Plinth v0.11.0 (2016-09-29)
- Added loading icon for additional busy operations.
- Added basic front page with shortcuts to web apps, and information about enabled services.
- networks: Add batctl as dependency, required for batman-adv mesh networking.
- Fixed checking restricted usernames.
- Display error message if unable to set SSH keys.
- Flush nscd cache after user operations to avoid some types of errors.
- Adopted to using SHA256 fingerprints.
- Sort items for consistent display.
- Handle new uid format of gpg2.
- Fixed handling of unavailable imported domains.
- minetest: Fixed showing status block and diagnostics.
- Fixed stretched favicon.
- Switched base template from container-fluid to container. This will narrow the content area for larger displays.
- Plinth is now able to run as "plinth" user instead of root user.
- xmpp: Replaced jwchat with jsxc.
- ikiwiki: Allow only alphanumerics in wiki/blog name to avoid invalid paths.
4. Plinth v0.10.0 (2016-08-21)
- Updated Plinth to support Django 1.10.
- Added a page to display recent status log from Plinth. It is accessible from the 500 error page.
- Tor: Added options to toggle relay and bridge relay modes.
- Radicale: Added access rights control.
- Ikiwiki: Updated suggested packages.
- Users and Groups: Fixed editing users without SSH keys.
- Networks: Added basic support for configuring batman-adv mesh networking.
- Networks: Fixed incorrect access for retrieving DNS entries.
- New languages:
- Persian (50% translated)
- Indonesian (not started, contributions needed)
- New modules added to Plinth:
- Disks: Shows free space of mounted partitions, and allows expanding the root partition.
- Security: Controls login restrictions.
- Snapshots: Manages Btrfs snapshots.
5. Version 0.9.4 (2016-06-24)
- Added Polish translation.
- Fixed issue preventing access to Plinth on a non-standard port.
- Dealt with ownCloud removal from Debian. The ownCloud page in Plinth will be hidden if it has not been setup. Otherwise, a warning is shown.
- Fixed issue in Privoxy configuration. Two overlapping listen-addresses were configured, which prevented privoxy service from starting.
- Fixed issue that could allow someone to start a module setup process without being logged in to Plinth.
- Fixed issues with some diagnostic tests that would show false positive results.
- Added check to Diagnostics to skip tests for modules that have not been setup.
- Fixed some username checks that could cause errors when editing the user.
- Added sorting of menu items per locale.
- Moved Dynamic DNS and Pagekite from Applications to System Configuration.
- Allowed setting IP for shared network connections.
- Switched Dreamplug image from "non-free" to "free". This means that we no longer include the non-free firmware for the built-in wifi on Dreamplug.
- Added the "userdir" module for the Apache web server. This allows users in the "admin" group to create a folder called "public_html" under their home folder, and to publicly share files placed in this folder.
New wiki and manual content licence: Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International (from June 13rd 2016).
- Switched to using apt-get for module setup in Plinth. This fixes several issues that were seen during package installs.
6. Version 0.9 (2016-04-24)
- Fixed Wi-Fi AP setup.
- Prevent lockout of users in 'sudo' group after setup is complete.
Improved setup mechanism for Plinth modules. Allows users to see what a module is useful for, before doing the setup and package install. Also allows essential modules to be setup by default during FreedomBox install.
- Added HTTPS certificates to Monkeysphere page. Reorganized so that multiple domains can be added to a key.
- Added Radicale, a CalDAV and CardDAV server.
- Added Minetest Server, a multiplayer infinite-world block sandbox.
- Added Tiny Tiny RSS, a news feed reader.
7. Version 0.8 (2016-02-20)
- Added Quassel, an IRC client that stays connected to IRC networks and can synchronize multiple frontends.
- Improved first boot user interface.
- Fixed Transmission RPC whitelist issue.
- Added translations for Turkish, Chinese, and Russian. Fixed and updated translations in other languages.
- Added Monkeysphere, which uses PGP web of trust for SSH host key verification.
- Added Let's Encrypt, to obtain certificates for domains, so that browser certificate warnings can be avoided.
- Added repro, a SIP server for audio and video calls.
- Allow users to set their SSH public keys, so they can login over SSH without a password.
8. Version 0.7 (2015-12-13)
- Translations! Full translations of the interface in Danish, Dutch, French, German and Norwegian Bokmål, and partial Telugu.
- Support for OLinuXino A20 MICRO and LIME2
- New Plinth applications: OpenVPN, reStore
- Improved first-boot experience
- Many bugfixes and cleanups
9. Version 0.6 (2015-10-31)
- New supported hardware target: Raspberry Pi 2
- New modules in Plinth:
- Shaarli: Web application to manage and share bookmarks
Date & Time: Configure time zone and NTP service
- Service Discovery: Configure Avahi service
- Documentation revamp including new user manual and developer guide
- Improved diagnostic tests, available in Plinth
- Avoid unnecessary changes when installing on existing Debian system
- Network configuration supports PPPoE connections
- Debian packages can be download over Tor
10. Version 0.5 (2015-08-07)
New targets: CubieTruck, i386, amd64
- New apps in Plinth: Transmission, Dynamic DNS, Mumble, ikiwiki, Deluge, Roundcube, Privoxy
NetworkManager handles network configuration and can be manipulated through Plinth.
- Software Upgrades (unattended-upgrades) module can upgrade the system, and enable automatic upgrades.
- Plinth is now capable of installing ejabberd, jwchat, and privoxy, so they are not included in image but can be installed when needed.
- User authentication through LDAP for SSH, XMPP (ejabberd), and ikiwiki.
- Unit test suite is automatically run on Plinth upstream. This helps us catch at least some code errors before they are discovered by users!
- New, simpler look for Plinth.
- Performance improvements for Plinth.
11. Version 0.3 (2015-01-20)
- Tor Bridges: All boxes now act as non-exit Tor bridges, routing traffic for the Tor network.
Firewall: firewall is on by default and is automatically managed.
Add BeagleBone support. We now have images for BeagleBone, RaspberryPi, VirtualBox i386/amd64, and DreamPlug.
- Ability to enable and use Tor Hidden Services. Works with Ejabberd/JWChat and ownCloud services.
- Enable Tor obfsproxy with scramblesuit.
- Drop well-known root password (an account with sudo capabilities still exists for now but will be removed soon).
- Switch to unstable as suite of choice for easier development.
- Newer images are built with systemd by default (due to Debian change).
- Install and operate firewall automatically (uses firewalld).
- Major restructuring of Plinth UI using Python3, Django web development framework and Bootstrap3. Code quality is much better and UI is more polished.
- Introduced packaging framework in Plinth UI for on-demand application installation.
12. Version 0.2 (2014-03-16)
Support for Raspberry Pi and VirtualBox (x86) in addition to the ?DreamPlug.
- New Services:
- Configuration Management UI.
- Instant Messaging.
- Low-Level Configuration Management.
- Service Announcement.
- LDAP Server.
- LXC Support.
- Source Packages.
- The privoxy setup is now the default from Debian.
13. Version 0.1 (2013-02-26)
First FreedomBox software release (0.1 image, developer release).
- Full hardware support in Debian
Support for ?DreamPlug.
- Basic software tools selected as common working environment:
- User interface system "plinth"
- Cryptography tools: gpg or "monkeysphere"
Box-to-box communication design: Freedom-buddy (uses TOR network)
- Web cleaning: "privoxy-freedombox".
Next call: Saturday, February 12 at 14:00 UTC
This page is copyright its contributors and is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-SA 4.0) license.