add 20.17 release notes
add 20.17.1 release notes
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 12:||Line 12:|
== FreedomBox 20.17.1 (2020-11-07) ==
* ci: Fix flake8 errors
* debian: Rename source package to freedombox
* locale: Update translations for German, Italian, Turkish
* pubtkt: Fix Python format language errors
- FreedomBox 20.17.1 (2020-11-07)
- FreedomBox 20.17 (2020-11-02)
- FreedomBox 20.16 (2020-10-19)
- FreedomBox 20.15 (2020-10-05)
- FreedomBox 20.14.1 (2020-09-23)
- FreedomBox 20.14 (2020-09-15)
- FreedomBox 20.13 (2020-07-18)
- FreedomBox 20.12.1 (2020-07-05)
- FreedomBox 20.12 (2020-06-29)
- FreedomBox 20.11 (2020-06-15)
- FreedomBox 20.10 (2020-06-01)
- FreedomBox 20.9 (2020-05-18)
- FreedomBox 20.8 (2020-05-04)
- FreedomBox 20.7 (2020-04-20)
- FreedomBox 20.6.1 (2020-04-11)
- FreedomBox 20.6 (2020-04-06)
- FreedomBox 20.5.1 (2020-03-26)
- FreedomBox 20.5 (2020-03-23)
- FreedomBox 20.4 (2020-03-09)
- FreedomBox 20.3 (2020-02-24)
- FreedomBox 20.2 (2020-02-10)
- FreedomBox 20.1 (2020-01-27)
- FreedomBox 20.0 (2020-01-13)
- FreedomBox 19.24 (2019-12-30)
- FreedomBox 19.23 (2019-12-16)
- FreedomBox 19.22 (2019-12-02)
- FreedomBox 19.21 (2019-11-18)
- FreedomBox 19.20 (2019-11-04)
- FreedomBox 19.19 (2019-10-21)
- FreedomBox 19.18 (2019-10-07)
- FreedomBox 19.17 (2019-09-23)
- FreedomBox 19.16 (2019-09-09)
- FreedomBox 19.15 (2019-08-26)
- FreedomBox 19.14 (2019-08-12)
- FreedomBox 19.13 (2019-07-29)
- FreedomBox 19.12 (2019-07-22)
- FreedomBox 19.2.2 (2019-07-17)
- FreedomBox 19.2.1 (2019-07-09)
- FreedomBox 19.11 (2019-07-08)
- FreedomBox 19.10 (2019-06-24)
- FreedomBox 19.9 (2019-06-10)
- FreedomBox 19.8 (2019-05-27)
- FreedomBox 19.7 (2019-05-13)
- FreedomBox 19.6 (2019-04-29)
- FreedomBox 19.5 (2019-04-15)
- FreedomBox 19.4 (2019-04-01)
- FreedomBox 19.3 (2019-03-18)
- FreedomBox 19.2 (2019-03-02)
- FreedomBox 19.1 (2019-02-14)
- FreedomBox 19.0 (2019-02-09)
- Version 0.49.1 (2019-02-07)
- Version 0.49.0 (2019-02-05)
- Version 0.48.0 (2019-01-28)
- Version 0.47.0 (2019-01-14)
- Version 0.46.0 (2018-12-31)
- Version 0.45.0 (2018-12-17)
- Version 0.44.0 (2018-12-03)
- Version 0.43.0 (2018-11-19)
- Version 0.42.0 (2018-11-05)
- Version 0.41.0 (2018-10-22)
- Version 0.40.0 (2018-10-08)
- Version 0.39.0 (2018-09-24)
- Version 0.38.0 (2018-09-10)
- Version 0.37.0 (2018-08-27)
- Version 0.36.0 (2018-08-13)
- Version 0.35.0 (2018-07-30)
- Version 0.34.0 (2018-07-16)
- Version 0.33.1 (2018-07-04)
- Version 0.33.0 (2018-07-02)
- Version 0.32.0 (2018-06-18)
- Version 0.31.0 (2018-06-04)
- Version 0.30.0 (2018-05-21)
- Version 0.29.1 (2018-05-08)
- Version 0.29.0 (2018-05-07)
- Version 0.28.0 (2018-04-23)
- Version 0.27.0 (2018-04-09)
- Version 0.26.0 (2018-03-26)
- Version 0.25.0 (2018-03-12)
- Plinth v0.24.0 (2018-02-26)
- Plinth v0.23.0 (2018-02-12)
- Plinth v0.22.0 (2018-01-30)
- Plinth v0.21.0 (2018-01-15)
- Plinth v0.20.0 (2018-01-01)
- Plinth v0.19.0 (2017-12-18)
- Plinth v0.18.0 (2017-12-04)
- Plinth v0.17.0 (2017-11-20)
- Plinth v0.16.0 (2017-11-06)
- Plinth v0.15.3 (2017-10-20)
- Plinth v0.15.2 (2017-09-24)
- Plinth v0.15.0 (2017-07-01)
- Plinth v0.14.0 (2017-04)
- Plinth v0.13.1 (2017-01-22)
- Plinth v0.12.0 (2016-12-08)
- Plinth v0.11.0 (2016-09-29)
- Plinth v0.10.0 (2016-08-21)
- Version 0.9.4 (2016-06-24)
- Version 0.9 (2016-04-24)
- Version 0.8 (2016-02-20)
- Version 0.7 (2015-12-13)
- Version 0.6 (2015-10-31)
- Version 0.5 (2015-08-07)
- Version 0.3 (2015-01-20)
- Version 0.2 (2014-03-16)
- Version 0.1 (2013-02-26)
For more technical details, see the FreedomBox changelog.
The following are the release notes for each FreedomBox version.
1. FreedomBox 20.17.1 (2020-11-07)
- ci: Fix flake8 errors
- debian: Rename source package to freedombox
- locale: Update translations for German, Italian, Turkish
- pubtkt: Fix Python format language errors
2. FreedomBox 20.17 (2020-11-02)
- locale: Add Chinese (Traditional) translation
- mediawiki: Add action to set domain name
- upgrades: Add a setting to enable dist upgrade
2.2. Other Changes
- apache: setup uwsgi by default
- backups: i18n: Mark form success messages for translation
- locale: Update translations for Danish, French, German, Italian, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Telugu, Turkish
- mediawiki: Ensure password file is not empty
- networks: css: Make button wider in network list
- networks: i18n: Mark string for translation on delete page
- networks: i18n: Mark various strings for translation
- notifications: i18n: Mark app names and extra data for translation
- package: i18n: Mark progress status strings for translation
- upgrades: Disable the option when not able to dist upgrade
3. FreedomBox 20.16 (2020-10-19)
- app: Add donation buttons on app pages
- updates: Eliminate delay and better status for manual upgrade
3.2. Other Changes
- calibre: Update group description to reflect 'using' app
- diagnostics: Lazy format all diagnostic test strings properly
- diagnostics: Show low system memory notifications
- help: Link to updates page when new version is available
- locale: Update translations for Chinese (Simplified), French, Greek, Norwegian Bokmål, Russian, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
- notifications: Show severity level on every notification
- upgrades: Add status section showing version and upgrade status
4. FreedomBox 20.15 (2020-10-05)
- calibre: Add new e-book library app
- mumble: configure letsencrypt component
- upgrades: Detect and upgrade to next stable release
4.2. Other Changes
- bepasty: Change default permissions to 'read'
- container: Assign virtual network interface to trusted firewall zone
- container: Handle edge cases with container update
- coturn: Don't handle certificates if not installed
- debian/control: Add sshpass as build dependency
- doc: Before fetching, drop all old to cleanup deleted pages/images
- doc: dev: Link to list of potential apps from tutorial
- dynamicdns: Drop unnecessary code to set app as enabled
- locale: Update translations for French, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
- module_loader, web_framework: Update console log messages
- mumble: Store and use a single domain for TLS certificate setup
- pagekite: Don't announce unconfigured kite as a valid domain
- pagekite: Don't update names module if not installed
- quassel: Don't handle certificates if not installed
- ssh: action script: Require user credentials when editing ssh keys
- tests: functional: Simplify calling the login helper
- tor: Don't check if enabled when not installed
- upgrades: Check free space before dist-upgrade
- upgrades: Extend function to check for normal dist availability
- upgrades: Set a flag so interrupted dist-upgrade can be continued
- users: Deal with admin user already existing during first boot
- users: Require admin credentials when creating or editing a user
5. FreedomBox 20.14.1 (2020-09-23)
- cockpit: Don't show home page icon to non-admin users
- locale: Update translations for French, German, Norwegian Bokmål, Russian, Turkish
minidlna: Fix typo DNLA -> DLNA
- module_loader: Load/process all essential modules before others
6. FreedomBox 20.14 (2020-09-15)
- apache: Disable mod_status (CVE-2020-25073)
- bepasty: New app for file upload and sharing
- matrixsynapse: Allow upgrade to version 1.19
6.2. Other Changes
- apps: Remove Coquelicot
- backups: Make app available by default
- debian: Add newline to end of /var/lib/plinth/firstboot-wizard-secret
- debian: Don't show first wizard secret on command line
- debian: Temporarily revert source package rename
- diagnostics: Prevent showing running status on diagnostics menu item
- doc: Add moinmoin wiki parser
- doc: Fix wiki links in manual
- ejabberd, mumble, wireguard: Update Apple app links
- ejabberd: Use new ruamel.yaml API and allow duplicate keys
- firewall: Show port forwarding info contextually
- firewall: Show port forwarding info in tabular format
- gitweb: Add ability to change default branch
- gitweb: Fix enable auth webserver component on app init
- help, networks: Clarify i18n different contexts for "Manual"
- i18n: Mark strings missed for translation
- ikiwiki: Validate a path when deleting wiki or blog
- js: Don't show running status on buttons pulled to right
- jsxc, sharing, wireguard: Add 'Learn more...' link for help pages
- locale: Update translations for Danish, Dutch, Galician, German, Hungarian, Italian, Spanish, Swedish, Russian, Turkish
- matrixsynapse: Perform a one time conversion to new config format
- matrixsynapse: Rename Riot to Element
- matrixsynapse: Use conf.d snippets
- radicale: Remove code to handle 1.x
- radicale: Stop service during backup and restore
- samba: Hide common system partitions
- snapshots: Clarify description for disabling yearly snapshots
- ssh: Disallow managing keys for the root user
- storage: Fix expanding partitions on GPT partition tables
- upgrades, security: Update the messages describing backports
- upgrades: Add first boot step to configure backports
- upgrades: Change backports activation message wording
- upgrades: Display correct backports info for unstable
- upgrades: security: Don't use technical term 'backports' in UI
- wireguard: Remove hardcoded Windows client version
7. FreedomBox 20.13 (2020-07-18)
- upgrades: Update apt cache before manual update
- minidlna: Do not expose statistics over public web
7.2. Other Changes
- backups: Allow remote repository usernames to start with numbers
- locale: Update translations for Chinese (Simplified), Hungarian, Kannada, Norwegian Bokmål, Spanish, Swedish
- security: Move backports notice to security page
- upgrades: Add button to activate backports if needed for current release
- debian: Rename source package from plinth to freedombox
8. FreedomBox 20.12.1 (2020-07-05)
- cfg, frontpage: Ignore errors while reading config and shortcuts
- locale: Update translations for French, German, and Norwegian Bokmål
9. FreedomBox 20.12 (2020-06-29)
- apt: Recover from errors before installing apps or updating system
- apache: Add strict content security policy, sandbox and other security headers
- storage: Allow ejecting SATA disks
- configuration: Allow changes using .d drop-in files
9.2. Other Changes
- configuration: Move default configuration into source code
- configuration: Read from multiple locations in /etc/ and /usr/share/
- debian: Add ssl-cert and nscd as proper dependencies
- frontpage: Allow adding shotcuts using .d drop-in files
- frontpage: Read shortcuts from multiple locations in /etc/, /usr/share and /var/lib
- locale: Update translations for Czech, Danish, French, German, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Telugu, Turkish
- storage: Automount system disks without partition table but ignore all loopback devices
- storage: Allow ejecting SATA disks
- storage: Show only physical disks and not all mount points
- upgrades: Skip enabling backports on testing and unstable
- upgrades: Show more logs
- ui: Show a spinner and disable button on form submit
10. FreedomBox 20.11 (2020-06-15)
10.1. Top Highlight
- locale: Add new translation for Arabic (Saudi Arabia)
10.2. Other Changes
- locale: Update translations for French, Norwegian Bokmål, German, Swedish, Polish, and Spanish
- matrixsynapse: Handle upgrade to versions 1.15.x
- upgrades: Avoid manual update interruption when upgrading freedombox package
- upgrades: Don't enable backports on Debian derivatives
11. FreedomBox 20.10 (2020-06-01)
11.1. Top Highlights
- pagekite: Fix expired certificates causing connection failures
- tor: Fix problems with running a relay
11.2. Other Changes
- backups: Add optional field - Name
- cockpit: Promote for advanced storage/firewalld/networking ops
- firewall: Don't show tun interface in internal zone warning
- firewall: Mention that internal services are available over VPN
- ikiwiki: Enable 'attachment' plugin by default
- locale: Update translations for Spanish, French, Russian, Norwegian Bokmål, Czech, Hungarian, and Greek
- minidlna: Add link to manual page
- minidlna: Fix internationalization for name of the app
- mldonkey: Add app to freedombox-share group
- openvpn: Use app toggle button and common app view
- radicale: Fix link in description to clients
- samba: Add clients information
- templates: Fix setup state check
- users: Avoid error when user's groups cannot be parsed
12. FreedomBox 20.9 (2020-05-18)
12.1. Top Highlights
- performance: Add app for system monitoring
- upgrades: Restart services and system when needed after upgrades
- System restart will happen at 02:00 local time
12.2. Other Changes
bind: Add service alias for bind9 -> named
- firewall: Reload firewalld so it works with newly installed services
- first_setup: Fix regression with logo not showing
- locale: Update translations for Norwegian Bokmål, German, Swedish, Spanish, and Russian
- mediawiki: Stop jobrunner during backup/restore
- minidlna: Stop service during backup/restore
- mumble: Stop service during backup/restore
- package: Fix error log when checking if package manager is busy
- performance: Launch the Cockpit graphs directly if possible
- quassel: Fix stopping service during backup/restore
- quassel: Use systemd sandboxing features
- samba: Change description to Network File Storage
- snapshot: Fix issues with restore and delete
- snapshot: Set as essential module
- storage: Auto-mount disks, notify of failing disks
- tor: Fix stopping service during backup/restore
13. FreedomBox 20.8 (2020-05-04)
- syncthing: Add service to freedombox-share group
- users: When adding service to sharing group, only restart if already running
- datetime: Ignore time synchronization service in containers and virtual machines
- minidlna: Make app installable inside unprivileged container
- web_server: Suppress warnings that static directories don't exist
- debian: Remove unused timer
- static: Use SVG logo during first wizard welcome step
- static: Reduce the size of the background noise image
- setup.py: Don't install/ship .po files
- static: Don't ship visual design file and unused images
- all: Update links to repository and project page
- coturn: Add app to manage Coturn TURN/STUN server
- mediawiki: Partial fix for installing on testing
- datetime: Disable diagnostics when no tests are available
- data: Print hostname and IP addresses before console login
- snapshot: Fix message when not available
- snapshot: Fix title
- mumble: Add Mumla to the list of clients
- locale: Update translations for Spanish, Telugu, Russian, German, French, and Swedish
14. FreedomBox 20.7 (2020-04-20)
- matrixsynapse: Fix initial installation and upgrade from backports
- gitweb: Improve error handling when creating repository
- locale: Update translations for French, Serbian, and Telugu
15. FreedomBox 20.6.1 (2020-04-11)
- users: Restore line of help text that was accidentally dropped
- debian: Add firmware-ath9k-htc to Recommends
- gitweb: Use proper ellipsis char when showing clone progress
- locale: Update translations for Norwegian Bokmål, German, French, Portuguese, Italian, Russian, and Serbian
16. FreedomBox 20.6 (2020-04-06)
- app: Ensure toggle buttons work independently of configuration form
- networks, monkeysphere: Make styling more specific to avoid interference
- syncthing: Update description to mention 'syncthing' group
- radicale: Support upgrade up to any 2.x version
- packages: Hold freedombox package during package installs
- users: Add component for managing users and groups
- app: Fix grammar in developer documentation string
- ikiwiki: Disable public edits of blog pages
- ikiwiki: Add moderation of blog comments
- firewalld: Support upgrade up to any 0.8.x version
- infinoted: Fix permissions of sync directory
- locale: Added Serbian translation
- locale: Update translations for Russian, French, German, Czech, Italian, Hindi, Telugu, and Spanish
17. FreedomBox 20.5.1 (2020-03-26)
- networks: Update label wording in topology form
- jsxc: Fix issue with serving static files
- debian: Separate binary packages for each language manual
- locale: Update translations for Norwegian Bokmål and German
18. FreedomBox 20.5 (2020-03-23)
- app: Fix description block in app header
- pagekite: Don't signal new domain on init if app is disabled
- pagekite: Don't attempt to notify about domain if app is disabled
- pagekite: Remove app enabled checking from getting configuration
- pagekite: On enable/disable, add/remove domain from names module
- pagekite: Fix an error message in custom services form
- matrixsynapse: Handle release of matrix-synapse 1.11
- setup: Fix regression to force-upgrade caused by Info changes
- pagekite: Don't allow non-unique custom services
- index: Reintroduce clients button in front page
- upgrades: Don't ship apt backport preferences file
- upgrades: Use internal scheduler instead of systemd timer
- shadowsocks: Change default configuration
- shadowsocks: Fix incorrect setting of state directory
- shadowsocks: When editing configuration, don't re-enable
- mediawiki: Don't allow anonymous edits
- names: Fix Local Network Domain is not shown
- shadowshocks: Fix setting configuration on Buster
- locale: Update translations for Swedish, Spanish, and French
19. FreedomBox 20.4 (2020-03-09)
- apache: Handle transition to php 7.4
- app: Fix showing app name in port forwarding information
- apps: Do not show status block if service is running
- i2p: New style app page layout
- locale: Update translations for French, Telugu, Spanish, and Swedish
- networks: Add first boot step for network topology wizard
- networks: Add form for network topology
- networks: Don't show router wizard if not behind a router
- networks, firewall: Support newer version of policykit
- networks: Fixes for networks wizards access and user experience
- networks: If topology wizard is skipped, skip router wizard too
- networks: Show router wizard before Internet connection type wizard
- plinth: Increase sqlite busy timeout from default 5s to 30s
- quassel: Fix unable to disable application without choosing a domain name
- shadowsocks: Move user settings to state directory
- storage: Directory selection form improvements
- transmission: Allow to submit download directory if it is creatable
- upgrades: Clean apt cache every week
- views: Improve template security
20. FreedomBox 20.3 (2020-02-24)
- apps: Update style for toggle button
- apps: Drop border shadow for app icon in mobile view
- apps: Show short description as secondary title
- apps: Remove css filters and glow from app icons
- cards: Remove the transition delay on hover effect
- system: Implement new style for cards
- framework: Generate secret key (existing sessions will get logged out)
- framework: Cleanup expired sessions every week
- networks: Add setting for internet connection type
- networks: Ask about internet connection type during setup
- shadowsocks: Fix shadowsocks not able to start
- jsxc: Bypass issue with stronghold to get the app working again
- monkeysphere: Fix regression with reading Apache configuration
- help: Fix attribute on download manual button
- firewall: Improve speed of some operations using DBus API
- css: Add missing license identifier on some CSS files
- deluge: Use safer method for editing configuration
- deluge: More reliable initial configuration setup
- samba: Add link to manual page
- searx: Update search engines for 0.16.0
- openvpn: Fix spelling for Tunnelblick
- bind: Show served domains
- Update translations for German, Swedish, Italian, Spanish, Norwegian Bokmål, Hungarian, Polish, and French
21. FreedomBox 20.2 (2020-02-10)
- networks: Support virtual Ethernet (veth) devices
- diagnostics: Show firewall service status
storage: Show disks if FreedomBox is running in an unprivileged container
- service: Stop service not before but after disabling it
- users: Use more precise username validation
- sso, users: Turn off autocapitalization on the username field
- help: Fix anchor hidden under navbar
- searx: Fix installation issue for 0.16.0
- firewall: Show Run Diagnostics button in app
- glib: Introduce method to schedule an operation at regular intervals
- notification: Show a drop down from main navbar for notifications
- storage: Show low disk space warning using notifications API
upgrades: Show notification when FreedomBox is updated
- security: Add Sandbox Coverage to report page
- matrixsynapse: Enable systemd sandboxing
- locale: Update translations for Telugu, French, Norwegian Bokmål, German, Spanish, and Swedish
22. FreedomBox 20.1 (2020-01-27)
- deluge: Allow to set a download directory
- deluge: Fix installation failure on slow machine
- storage: Make external disk mounts accessible to other users
- gitweb: Add link to the manual page
- style: Fix incorrect margins for containers in mobile view
- style: Fix responsiveness for app header
- network: Fix activating connections that don't have real devices
wireguard: Add WireGuard VPN app
- networks: Add router configuration page
- networks: Add first boot step for router config helper
- bind: Enable sandboxing for bind service
- locale: Updated translations for Dutch, Norwegian Bokmål, German, Spanish, Swedish, French, and Greek
23. FreedomBox 20.0 (2020-01-13)
- samba: Improve speed of actions
- deluge: Manage deluged service and connect automatically from web interface
- openvpn: Enable support for communication among all clients
- storage: Ignore errors resizing partition during initial setup
- storage: Make partition resizing work with parted 3.3
- debian: Add powermgmt-base as recommended package
- openvpn: Enable IPv6 for server and client outside the tunnel
- networks: Fix crashing when accessing network manager D-Bus API
- mediawiki: Use a mobile-friendly skin by default
- mediawiki: Allow admin to set default skin
- matrixsynapse: Allow upgrade to 1.8.*
- security: Add explanation of sandboxing
- Update translations for Greek, German, Swedish, Hungarian, Norwegian Bokmål, and French
24. FreedomBox 19.24 (2019-12-30)
- samba: Add private shares
- firewall: Support upgrading firewalld to 0.8
- deluge: Add systemd sandboxing features
- infinoted: Add systemd sandboxing features
- storage: Add systemd sandboxing features to udiskie service
- upgrades: Add systemd sandboxing features to repository setup service
- security: List whether each app is sandboxed
- mediawiki: Avoid delay in update script
- diagnostics: Use new component based API for all diagnostic tests
- minidlna: Fix showing clients information
- mediawiki: Fix problem with session cache failing logins
- locale: Update translations for French, German, Swedish, Greek, Hungarian, Norwegian Bokmål, and Dutch
25. FreedomBox 19.23 (2019-12-16)
- minidlna: New app for MiniDLNA (Simple Media Server)
- apps: Show app icons in app pages
- apps: Implement responsive layout for app pages
- samba: Recursively set open share directory permissions
- transmission: Add directory selection form
mumble: Add option to set SuperUser password
- cockpit: Extend apps description with access info
- cockpit: Add list of valid urls to access the app
- Update translations for French, German, Spanish, Portuguese, and Swedish
26. FreedomBox 19.22 (2019-12-02)
- samba: Add new app for Samba file sharing
- pagekite: Remove tabs in the configuration page
- openvpn: Fix text with manual link
- pagekite: Show existing services only if there are any
- pagekite: Move Custom Services under Configuration
- pagekite: Use the new app toggle button
- openvpn: Add client apps
- backups: Fix title not appearing
- diagnostics: Don't run on disabled modules
- apps: Remove link to webapps in app descriptions
- interface: Fix error with app toggle input
- templates: Add toolbar for apps
- toolbar: Move diagnostics button into dropdown menu
- ssh: Fix Avahi SFTP service file
- diagnostics: Fix IPv6 failures
- matrix-synapse: Fix installation of 1.5 from buster-backports
- ikiwiki: Move the create button to manage section
- gitweb: Move create button into manage section
- networks: Move actions button into connection section
- users: Move create button into users section
- locale: Update translations for French, German, and Swedish
27. FreedomBox 19.21 (2019-11-18)
- gitweb: Allow to import from a remote repository
- interface: Disable turbolinks on links that don't point to /plinth/...
- backups: Show proper error when SSH server is not reachable
- tor: Rename "Hidden Service" to "Onion Service"
- ejabberd: Handle case where domain name is not set
- tahoe: Mark Tahoe-LAFS as an advanced app
- searx: Set safe_search to Moderate by default
- backups: Make verify ssh host page string translatable
- backups: Simplify SSH fingerprint verification command
- doc: Fix unavailability of manual images
- tor: Fix port diagnostics by correcting port data type
- tor: Expect obfs service to be also available on IPv6
tor: Listen on IPv6 for OrPort
- clients: implement launch button feature
- apps: Implement toggle button in apps pages
- Update translations for German, Hungarian, Swedish, Norwegian Bokmål, French, Polish
28. FreedomBox 19.20 (2019-11-04)
- doc: Add Spanish manual
- ssh: Add option to disable password authentication
- sharing: Fix wrong links on Apache2 directory index page
- gitweb: Set correct access rights after enabling application
- gitweb: Fix links leading to blank page
- gitweb: Set proper access after restoration of a backup
- snapshot: Sort snapshot list from newest to oldest
- infinoted: Add missing manual page link
- backups: Fix typo
- Update translations for German, Spanish, Swedish, Czech, French, Norwegian Bokmål, Hungarian
29. FreedomBox 19.19 (2019-10-21)
- gitweb: New app for simple git hosting
- ikiwiki: Allow full Unicode text in wiki/blog title names
- users: reload Apache2 to flush LDAP cache after user operations
- ssh: Show server fingerprints in SSH page
- frontpage: Show public shortcuts to all users regardless of group
- ikiwiki: Remove extra create button when no wiki/blog is present
- quassel: Add Let's Encrypt component for certificates
- Update translations for Czech, French, Bulgarian, Dutch, German, and Norwegian Bokmål
30. FreedomBox 19.18 (2019-10-07)
- diagnostics: Ensure that exceptions are reported as failures
- users: Rearrange UI to match with other apps
- upgrades, ikiwiki, networks, backups: Replace page tabs with buttons
- dynamicdns, i2p, pagekite, snapshot: Cleanup page templates
- deluge: Support deluge 2 by starting it properly
- minetest: Remove mod-torches no longer available in testing/unstable
- security: Add past vulnerabilities count, move report to new page
- Update translations for Spanish, Norwegian Bokmål, German
31. FreedomBox 19.17 (2019-09-23)
- firstboot: Add new help menu to firstboot navbar
- firstboot: Hide left menu during first boot as intended
- Update translations for Chinese (Simplified) and Czech
- Fix tests for letsencrypt and tor
32. FreedomBox 19.16 (2019-09-09)
- backups: Allow adding backup repositories on multiple disks
- help: Add buttons for contribute, support, and feedback
- action_utils: Workaround problem with setting debconf answers
- views: Fix failure in redirecting from language selection page
- manual: Move PDF download link to HTML manual page
- help: Convert help icon in the navbar to dropdown
- ejabberd: Fix listen port configuration for ejabberd 19.x
- cockpit, ejabberd: Prevent restart on freedombox startup
- ejabberd: Perform host/domain name operations only when installed
- logging: Improve formatting and reduce noise
- translations: Update Hungarian, German, Italian, French, and Norwegian Bokmål
33. FreedomBox 19.15 (2019-08-26)
- security: Hide vulnerability table by default
- names: Perform better layout of domain names table on small screens
- cockpit: Apply domain name changes immediately
- ejabberd: Prevent processing empty domain name
- config: Send hostname change signal only after fully processing it
- letsencrypt: Don't try to obtain certificates for .local domains
- avahi: Expose .local domain as a proper domain
- cockpit: Make essential and install by default
- tt-rss: Force upgrade to 18.12-1.1 and beyond
- updates: Allow matrix-synapse 1.3 to be installed for buster users
- storage: Fix regression with restoring backups with storage
- matrix-synapse: Use recommended reverse proxy configuration
- Update translations for German, Hungarian, and Norwegian Bokmål
34. FreedomBox 19.14 (2019-08-12)
- storage: Handle all device paths during eject
- storage: Fix incorrect internationalization when throwing an error
- upgrades: Use collapsible-button style for logs
- firewall: Allow automatic upgrade to 0.7.x
- upgrades: Handle release info change
- frontpage: Fix regression with loading custom shortcuts
- names: Add dynamic domain name
- names: Add button to configure each type of name
- names: Update page layout for clearer presentation
- names: Introduce new API for domain name handling
- api: Fix regression with listing only enabled apps in mobile app
- Update translations for Czech, Hungarian, French, Chinese (Simplified), Turkish, Polish, and Norwegian Bokmål
35. FreedomBox 19.13 (2019-07-29)
- backups: Make UI more consistent with other apps
- backups: Make backup location tables collapsible
- Updated translations for Chinese (Simplified), German, and Norwegian Bokmål
- help: Show security notice when backports are in use
- security: Show vulnerability counts
36. FreedomBox 19.12 (2019-07-22)
- sharing: Allow directories to be publicly shared
- backups: Add option to select/deselect all apps for backup or restore
dbus: Allow plinth user to own FreedomBox DBus service
- letsencrypt: Simplify renewal hooks implementation
- cockpit: Don't handle domains if app is not installed
- dynamicdns: Send domain added signal properly during init
- ejabberd: Backup and restore TLS certificates
- Started new Galician translation on Weblate
- Updated translations for Czech, Norwegian Bokmål, Hungarian, Spanish, Telugu, Chinese (Simplified), German, Turkish, and Russian
37. FreedomBox 19.2.2 (2019-07-17)
This release does not contain any functional changes, but fixes test failures when building the package.
38. FreedomBox 19.2.1 (2019-07-09)
This is a bugfix release for 19.2.
dbus: Allow plinth user to own FreedomBox DBus service
39. FreedomBox 19.11 (2019-07-08)
- backups: Fixes to issues while adding SSH remotes:
- Improve UX of adding ssh remote
- Avoid creating duplicate SSH remotes
- Fix issue with repository not being initialized
- Verify SSH hostkey before mounting
- Allow SSH directory paths with : in them
- Require passphrase for encryption in add repository form
- Don't send passphrase on the command line
- Un-mount SSH repositories before deleting them
- matrixsynapse: Fix missing translation mark
- Started new Greek translation on Weblate
- Updated translations for Chinese (Simplified), Hungarian, Spanish, and Russian
40. FreedomBox 19.10 (2019-06-24)
- syncthing: Open firewall ports for listening and discovery
- radicale: Workaround issue with creating log directory
- Update translations for Turkish, German, Czech, Norwegian Bokmål, and Portuguese
- Introduce components for firewall, webserver, uwsgi, and daemons
41. FreedomBox 19.9 (2019-06-10)
- config: Add option to show advanced apps, which are hidden by default
- monkeysphere: Hide by default
- searx: Add option to allow public access to the application
- Introduce component architecture for apps, with components for menus and shortcuts
- Start new translation for Bulgarian
- Update translations for Turkish and Norwegian Bokmål
42. FreedomBox 19.8 (2019-05-27)
- Switch to using SVG icons for all apps.
- Updated translations for Czech, Norwegian Bokmål, Hungarian, German, Turkish, and Spanish.
43. FreedomBox 19.7 (2019-05-13)
- i2p: Include default favorites.
- Separate enabled and disabled apps.
- Display port forwarding info for apps.
- Added Slovenian translation.
- Updated translations for Dutch, German, Hungarian, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Telugu.
44. FreedomBox 19.6 (2019-04-29)
- i2p: Enable new application for I2P Anonymity Network.
- Updated translations for Czech, German, Norwegian Bokmål, and Turkish.
- letsencrypt: Provide link to configure domain if not configured.
- firewall: Show port numbers and types.
45. FreedomBox 19.5 (2019-04-15)
- storage: Use more reliable method to list disks and disk space usage.
- Updated translations for Russian and German.
46. FreedomBox 19.4 (2019-04-01)
- clients: Open web app in a new browser tab
- matrix-synapse: Change client diagnostics url
- minetest: Fix duplicate domain names being displayed in UI
- storage: Do not show an eject button on /boot partitions
- letsencrypt: Call letsencrypt manage_hooks with correct arguments
- dynamicdns: Install module by default
- storage: Don't check type of the disk for / and /boot
- storage: Don't log error when checking if partition is expandable
- Updated translations for Norwegian Bokmål, Czech, German, Hungarian, Spanish, German, and Russian.
47. FreedomBox 19.3 (2019-03-18)
- UI: Move tabs below descriptions.
- firewall: Style heading
- names: Add description
- pagekite: Change heading text
- ikiwiki: Consistent styling for delete warning page
- main: Show service version in logs
- setup: Organize data files into various apps
- Updated translations for Czech, Hungarian, Norwegian Bokmål, Spanish, German, French, Italian, and Turkish.
48. FreedomBox 19.2 (2019-03-02)
- config: Fix Ikiwiki entries not showing up as default apps
- config: Migrate default app configuration to new conf file
- config: Rename Default App to Webserver Home Page
- config: Add option to use Apache's default home page as home page
- config: Fix error when setting JSXC as the home page
- Disable Coquelicot for Buster release
- matrix-synapse: Fix LDAP login issue
- config: Revert changes in freedombox.conf to avoid conffile prompt
- openvpn: Migration from easy-rsa 2 to 3 for existing installations
- tor: Use fixed 9001 port for relaying
- package: Implement identifying packages that need conffile prompts
- setup: Trigger force upgrade for app that implement it
- bind: Handle conffile prompt during upgrade
- apache: Pre-enable necessary apache modules
- apache: Use cgid module instead of cgi
- openvpn: Make frontpage shortcut appear after an upgrade
- openvpn: Work around firewalld bug 919517
- firewalld: Implement upgrading from 0.4.x to 0.6.x
- ttrss: Implement upgrade from 17.4 to 18.12
- radicale: Add description of web interface
- ttrss: Add backup support
- security: Migrate access config to new file
- Updated translations for Czech, Hungarian, Norwegian Bokmål, Spanish, German, Telugu.
49. FreedomBox 19.1 (2019-02-14)
- radicale: Increment module version to trigger upgrade handling
- radicale: Remove obsolete diagnostics
- radicale: Fix server URLs in client info
- Updated translations for Czech, Norwegian Bokmål, and Spanish.
- setup: Add option to handle configuration prompts during install
- radicale: Simplify upgrading to newer packages
- matrixsynapse: Use Let's Encrypt certificates
50. FreedomBox 19.0 (2019-02-09)
- mldonkey: Add some more clients to the module page
- mldonkey: Add to the description the three available front-ends
- monkeysphere: Fix handling of multiple domains and keys
- monkeysphere: Fix regression with reading new apache domain config
- apache: Switch to mod_ssl from mod_gnutls
- mldonkey: Enable app
- upgrades: Fix priority for buster-backports version
- upgrades: Fix premature adding of buster-backports sources
- Updated translations for Czech, German, and Spanish
- Switched to a new version number scheme: YY.N
- YY is the year of release.
- N is the release number within that year.
51. Version 0.49.1 (2019-02-07)
- ui: Fix regression with configure button in home page.
- backups: Rename 'Abort' buttons to 'Cancel'.
- backups: Use icon for add repository button.
- backups: Move subsubmenu below description.
- backups: Add title and description to other pages.
- backups: Add link to manual page.
- backups: Fix styling for upload size warning.
- backups: Increase timeout for SSH operations to 30 seconds.
- letsencrypt: UI: Fix checkbox disabling.
- datetime: Switch from chrony to systemd-timesyncd.
- Updated translations for Czech, Norwegian Bokmål, and Spanish.
52. Version 0.49.0 (2019-02-05)
- help: Use correct package to determine available version.
- repro: Disable app due to issues with Debian package.
- ui: Fix regression with card icon style in front page.
- js: Support full librejs compatibility.
- backups: Remove incorrectly set buffer size during download.
- backups: Fix incomplete download archives.
- backups: Improve performance of backup download.
- radicale: Handle migration from 1.x to 2.x.
- datetime: Switch from ntp to chrony.
- backports: Add buster-backports to apt sources list.
- Updated translations for Czech, Norwegian Bokmål, and Hungarian.
53. Version 0.48.0 (2019-01-28)
- Updated translations for Czech, Hungarian, German, and Norwegian Bokmål.
- UI improvements:
- Fix top margin for content containers.
- Fix setting width of card-list at various page sizes.
- Show help nav item text when navbar is collapsed.
- Hide restart/shutdown items when navbar is collapsed.
- Compact pages on extra small screen sizes.
- Backups improvements:
- Add backup/restore support for syncthing and openvpn.
- Upgrade apps before restoring them
- Fix showing not-installed apps in create backup page
- Automatically install required apps before restore.
- Add a loader to the restore button to indicate progress.
- Serve default favicon for apps that don't provide one.
- radicale: Fix issue with configuration changes not applying.
- storage: Fix false error message in log when visiting home page.
- infinoted: Handle timeout issue when stopping daemon during setup.
- matrix-synapse: Fix startup error caused by bind_address setting.
- radicale: Avoid changes to conffile for radicale 2.x.
- help: Fix showing status logs when an error occurs.
- fail2ban: Enable bans for apache auth failures.
- mldonkey: Initial work on new module for the eDonkey network.
- Not available yet, due to bug in package.
54. Version 0.47.0 (2019-01-14)
- Show Gujarati in the list of languages.
- Replace glyphicons with forkawesome icons.
- Change configuration to avoid filling up disk.
- Handle "Config in use" error.
- Update descriptions and configuration options.
- Firewall: Fix issue with transition from iptables.
- Security: Switch to Argon2 password hash.
- Cockpit: Add link to manual page and update description.
- Radicale: Add initial support for radicale 2.x.
- Handle showing setup page after app completes installation.
- Optimize installation in-progress checks and refresh time.
55. Version 0.46.0 (2018-12-31)
- Updated translations for Czech, German, Spanish, Ukrainian, and Norwegian Bokmål.
- Use systemd journal for logging.
- Rename plinth binary package to "freedombox", and merge freedombox-setup package into it.
56. Version 0.45.0 (2018-12-17)
- Storage: Merge list of removable media into existing table.
- Backups: Allow remote backups to SSH servers using sshfs.
- Backups: Removed asking for backup archive name.
- Automatically handle future versions of PHP.
- Updated translations for Hungarian, Czech, Spanish, Chinese (Simplified), Italian, Norwegian Bokmål, French, and German.
57. Version 0.44.0 (2018-12-03)
- UI: Add card style and gray noise background to apps pages.
- UI: Fix distortion of the client apps buttons.
- ejabberd: Handle BOSH port change from TCP 5280 to 5443.
- Minetest: Update mods list to available Debian packages.
- Firewall: Use nftables instead of iptables.
- Snapshots: Fix default snapshot listing.
- Snapshots: Show description above either tab.
- Snapshots: Allow snapshots to be selected for deletion.
- Translations: Updated Czech, Norwegian Bokmål, Spanish, German, and Portuguese.
58. Version 0.43.0 (2018-11-19)
- Backups improvements:
- Allow backups to be downloaded directly, without export step.
- Restore directly from uploaded backup.
- Avoid error for apps with no data to backup.
- Show free disk space on upload and restore page.
- Do not limit maximum upload size.
- openvpn: Migrate to easy-rsa 3 and fix setup issues.
- Make single sign-on tickets valid for 12 hours.
- Use consistent terminology for updates.
- Updated translations for Czech and Portuguese.
59. Version 0.42.0 (2018-11-05)
- Fix wrong color in mobile menu
- snapshot: Fix broken snapshot management after snapper update
- Enable backup/restore for tor, upgrades, monkeysphere, letsencrypt, tahoe
- monkeysphere: Handle importing new OpenSSH format keys
- udiskie: unmount drive as superuser
- Updated translations for Telugu, Indonesian, and Italian
60. Version 0.41.0 (2018-10-22)
- Enable backup/restore for datetime, deluge, avahi, backups, bind, security, snapshot, ssh, firewall, diagnostics, names, power, and storage.
- snapshot: Fix issue with setting configuration.
- backups: Fix backup archives ownership issue.
- backups: Fix issue with showing exports from disks without labels.
- backups: Don't rely on disk labels during export/restore.
- backups: Fix downloading extracted archive files.
- Updated translations for Norwegian Bokmål, French, Russian, and Spanish.
61. Version 0.40.0 (2018-10-08)
- Enable backup/restore for mumble, privoxy, roundcube, searx, jsxc, coquelicot, transmission, quassel, shadowsocks, sharing, pagekite, and cockpit.
- Allow backup archives to be downloaded/uploaded through browser.
- mediawiki: Backup/restore settings as well as data.
- User Interface
- Change card text style and position.
- Change maximum cards per row.
- Add tint effect on card icons under "Apps".
- mediawiki: Run update script for 1.31 upgrade.
- customization: Show custom shortcuts on frontpage.
- Updated translations for Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Spanish, Czech, German, French, and Italian.
62. Version 0.39.0 (2018-09-24)
- Updated translations for Hungarian and Norwegian Bokmål.
- Merge Removable Media (udiskie) into Storage module.
- Add Backups module for backing up apps data.
63. Version 0.38.0 (2018-09-10)
mediawiki: Enable SVG support for MediaWiki
- upgrades: Clean up old kernel packages during automatic upgrades
- Make the progress bar at the top of the page more visible.
- Updated translations for Norwegian Bokmål, Czech, Russian, German, Hungarian, and Spanish.
64. Version 0.37.0 (2018-08-27)
- Updated translations for Czech, Norwegian Bokmål, Russian, Spanish, Hungarian, and Dutch.
- install: Use Post/Response/Get pattern for reloads.
65. Version 0.36.0 (2018-08-13)
- Updated translations for Hindi, Spanish, Russian, Telugu, German, Hungarian, Czech, and French
- ejabberd: Remove deprecated settings from already existing config files
- mediawiki: Fix issue with re-installation
- mediawiki: Enable Instant Commons
- mediawiki: Fix images throwing 403s
- Add Lato woff2 fonts
- Disable launch button for web client when not installed
66. Version 0.35.0 (2018-07-30)
configuration: Add an option to set a default app for FreedomBox. The root URL path (https://domainname/) will redirect to the selected app.
ejabberd: Remove deprecated iqdisc setting. To apply this fix, disable and then re-enable the Message Archive Management setting.
- ejabberd: Replace logo with original version.
mediawiki: Enable short URLs, which look like https://domainname/mediawiki/ArticleName.
- radicale: Clarify description for shared calendar/addressbook.
- storage: Handle mount points with spaces.
- udiskie: Add button to eject drives.
- udiskie: Also show read-only filesystems.
- udiskie: Remove internal networks warning.
- udiskie: Show special message when no storage device available.
- Add turbolinks library for smoother navigation.
- Removed extra text from icons for mediawiki, radicale, and tahoe-lafs.
- Updated translations for Russian, Spanish, Dutch, Hungarian, Hindi, Italian, Telugu, German, and Norwegian Bokmål.
67. Version 0.34.0 (2018-07-16)
- Prompt for secret during firstboot welcome
(Does not apply to downloadable FreedomBox images, but only when installed using freedombox-setup package.)
- Updated translations for Italian, Dutch, Hindi, Hungarian
68. Version 0.33.1 (2018-07-04)
- Fix issue where editing a user would remove them from admin group
- Updated translations for Hungarian, Czech, Spanish, Russian, Hindi
69. Version 0.33.0 (2018-07-02)
- Updated translations for Hungarian, Norwegian Bokmål, Spanish, Russian, Czech, Hindi, Dutch, Italian
- firewall: Display information that a service is internal only
- users: Don't show Create User link to non-admin users
- users: Redirect to users list on successful user creation
- packages: Show button to refresh package lists when a package is not available for install
- Only show front page shortcuts that a user is allowed to access
- Restrict removal of last admin user
- Use logos instead of icons in the apps page
- udiskie: New module for automatic mounting of removable media
70. Version 0.32.0 (2018-06-18)
- Apply new card based design
- Fix client info table size and flickering
- first-setup: Automatically expand root partition
- mediawiki: Enable image uploads
- mediawiki: Make private mode and public registrations mutually exclusive
- mediawiki: Hide frontpage shortcut when private mode is enabled
- Updated translations for Norwegian Bokmål, Czech, Spanish, Russian, Hindi, Telugu, Italian, Dutch, German, and Hungarian
71. Version 0.31.0 (2018-06-04)
- Updated translations for Czech, Spanish, Russian, German, Italian, Hindi, Telugu, and Norwegian Bokmål
- mediawiki: Added private mode option
- users: Fix user permissions not being saved
- users: internationalize a string
- mediawiki: Run update script for 1.30 upgrade
- shortcuts: Fix urls for ikiwiki shortcuts
72. Version 0.30.0 (2018-05-21)
- Updated translations for Russian, Italian, Norwegian Bokmål, Hungarian, and Hindi
- setup: Remove unavailable as a state in setup_helper
73. Version 0.29.1 (2018-05-08)
- security: Fix issue with Plinth locked out from sudo
- Updated translations for Czech and Spanish
74. Version 0.29.0 (2018-05-07)
- security: Allow console login access to user plinth
- Add an option to enable/disable public registrations in mediawiki
- tt-rss: Skip the check for SELF_URL_PATH
- searx: Fix issue with uwsgi crashing
- Updated translations for Czech, Spanish, German, Norwegian Bokmål, and Italian
75. Version 0.28.0 (2018-04-23)
- setup: disable install button for currently unavailable apps
- Add locale for Lithuanian (lt)
- Translation updates for Italian, Czech, Russian, Spanish, German, Norwegian Bokmål, Telugu, and Dutch
76. Version 0.27.0 (2018-04-09)
- middleware: Skip 'installed' message for essential apps
- users: Fix admin group appearing twice in permissions
- apps: Fix app names and short descriptions not being translated
- snapshots: Move manual page link to the index page
- UI: Fix progress bar not appearing
- snapshots: Fix for permissions issue when updating configuration
- snapshots: Add option to enable/disable software installation snapshots
- Translation updates for Italian, Czech, Russian, Spanish, Dutch, German, Norwegian Bokmål, and Ukrainian
77. Version 0.26.0 (2018-03-26)
- snapshots: Update description
- searx: Rewrite url from /searx to /searx/
- manual: Link to manual from each service
- Workaround security issues in django-axes
- apache: Only regenerate snake oil cert when needed
- apache: Explicitly enable the latest version of PHP module
- apache: Increase module version number to fix php7.2
- Update translations for Chinese (Simplified), Russian, Czech, German, Norwegian Bokmål, Hungarian, Spanish, and Italian
78. Version 0.25.0 (2018-03-12)
- sharing: Add app for sharing disk folders.
- ttrss: Update list of client apps.
- infinoted: Allow setup to recover after timeout issue.
- snapshots: Add configuration tab with settings for time-based snapshots.
79. Plinth v0.24.0 (2018-02-26)
- Add file-sharing application Coquelicot.
- Add metasearch engine application Searx.
- Add locale for Hungarian (hu).
- mediawiki: Allow shortcut to be publicly visible on front page.
- clients: Add and correct Client Apps.
- locale: Preferred language can be set in each user's profile.
- locale: Anonymous users can select preferred language.
- config: Remove language selection from config page.
- matrixsynapse: Fix mail attribute for ldap login.
80. Plinth v0.23.0 (2018-02-12)
- snapshots: Modify configurations to reduce disk usage.
- snapshots: Skip currently active snapshot when deleting all snapshots.
- jsxc: Use consistent url format.
- sso: Increase timeout to 60 minutes.
- theme: Change font from Helvetica to Lato.
- Translation updates for Czech, German, Gujarati, and Telugu.
81. Plinth v0.22.0 (2018-01-30)
- matrix-synapse: Make sure configuration file does not get corrupted.
- tor: Show enabled status properly.
- first_setup: Fix not showing admin user creation step.
Migrate from GitHub to Salsa
Migrate from CirceCI to GitLab CI on Salsa.
- Translation updates for Czech, Dutch, Gujarati, Hindi, Russian and Telugu.
- Started new translation for Ukrainian.
82. Plinth v0.21.0 (2018-01-15)
- navigation bar: Change label from 'Configuration' to 'System'.
- storage: Removed beta warning for expanding partition.
- groups: Consistently show available user groups, even before applications are installed.
- syncthing: Restrict administration to users in "syncthing" group.
- help: Show menu on smaller screens also.
- diagnostics: Enable the "Run Diagnostics" button when applications are enabled but not running.
83. Plinth v0.20.0 (2018-01-01)
- bind: Don't use forwarders by default
- ejabberd: Remove redundant button Client Apps
- mediawiki: Add wiki application
- users: Make sure first run actually works
- bind: Add information about current utility
84. Plinth v0.19.0 (2017-12-18)
- ejabberd: Use dynamic reload instead of restart when changing configuration.
- manual: Make manual available as a PDF download.
- minetest: Show domain information for users to connect to minetest.
- snapshots: Add button to delete all snapshots.
- snapshots: Add option to enable/disable automatic timeline snapshots.
- users: Add groups for bit-torrent and feed-reader, available when these applications are installed.
85. Plinth v0.18.0 (2017-12-04)
- Add Shadowsocks client with socks5 proxy.
- Fix SSO regressions and conflict with captcha.
- transmission: Fix sso not being enabled on upgrade.
avahi: Add service for FreedomBox discovery.
- Add client information for modules.
86. Plinth v0.17.0 (2017-11-20)
- transmission: Enable Single Sign On.
- cockpit: Add short description to frontpage shortcut.
- fail2ban: Fix spelling and sentence structure.
87. Plinth v0.16.0 (2017-11-06)
- Add mobile, web and desktop client info for modules.
Enable django SecurityMiddleware to improve security ratings.
- cockpit: New module for server administration and web terminal.
- letsencrypt: Fix internal server error when obtaining a certificate.
- ejabberd: Fix LDAP server entry in config file during setup.
- jsxc: Fix outdated URLs for connecting to local ejabberd server.
88. Plinth v0.15.3 (2017-10-20)
- Rename Disks to Storage.
- Rename Snapshot to Storage Snapshots.
- tt-rss: Enable API access by default.
- Allow access to Plinth from outside the LAN.
- matrix-synapse: Disable public registration by default.
- power: Merge actions into the user dropdown.
- Add locales for Kannada (kn) and for Bengali (bn).
- ejabberd: Use Let's Encrypt certificate, also across renewals.
- matrix-synapse: Add enable/disable public registrations.
- Add captcha validation on 3 failed attempts.
- matrix-synapse: Enable LDAP integration.
- letsencrypt: Automatically obtain and revoke SSL certificates.
- Fix front page label names.
- Fix vertical alignment of shortcut icons.
- storage: Fix issue with locales that use other decimal separators.
- Make tt-rss api accessible using Apache basic auth.
- letsencrypt: Handle case where current domain is empty.
- Handle both admin and non-admin user names in update user template.
89. Plinth v0.15.2 (2017-09-24)
- letsencrypt: Show more info on cert validity status.
- letsencrypt: Add option to delete certificates.
- letsencrypt: Add option to let Plinth manage certbot's renewal hooks.
- power: Warn if a package manager is running before shutdown/restart.
- security: Install and manage fail2ban.
- names: Include domain and services from dynamicdns.
- disks: Add low disk space warning to system and disks page.
- ssh: New application to manage SSH server.
- Add api module to get enabled services and access info.
- Add Django password validators.
- ejabberd, ikiwiki, ttrss: Add user login descriptions.
- diaspora: Disable for this release due to issues affecting package.
- Remove help from navbar before firstboot complete.
- i18n: Don't use backslash-newline for wrapping long lines.
- radicale: Update link to documentation.
- sso: Upgrade crypto to 4096-bit RSA and SHA-512.
- Users: Allow non-admin users to log out.
- letsencrypt: Make Let's Encrypt an essential module.
- UI: Make apps and configure pages responsive on small screens.
- Make help accessible for logged-in non-admin users.
90. Plinth v0.15.0 (2017-07-01)
- Added Tahoe-LAFS module for distributed file storage.
- Added Diaspora* module for federated social networking.
- Currently only available in "contrib" repository.
- New Locales for Czech (cs) and Tamil (ta).
- Added SSO using auth_pubtkt for Syncthing, TT-RSS, and the Repro admin panel.
- If you are logged in to Plinth, you will be automatically logged in to these web apps.
- ejabberd: Added option to enable/disable Message Archive Management.
- help: Added Debian release name to about page.
- firstboot: De-bloat first welcome screen.
- Pinned footer to the bottom of the viewport.
- disks: Restrict precision of reported available space on root partition.
- diagnostics: Disable button if app/service is not running.
- help: Only show help pages if user is logged in.
- navbar: Moved logout to user drop-down and added a new power drop-down.
- disks: Show disabled partition resize option if no space is available.
- Added line break to titles to fix frontpage layout.
- syncthing: Fixed typos and clarity in description.
- firewall: Fix 500 error when firewalld is not running.
- setup: Disable install/upgrade when dpkg/apt is running.
- disks: Use information from lsblk for more accuracy.
- datetime: Show timezone properly when it not in expected list.
91. Plinth v0.14.0 (2017-04)
- tor: Added option to use upstream bridges.
- openvpn: Added shortcut to front page, shown only when logged-in.
- openvpn: Non-admin users can download their own profiles.
- Added new locales for Hindi (hi) and Gujarati (gu).
- Added Syncthing module for file synchronization.
- Added Matrix Synapse as chat server with groups, audio and video.
- Require admin access for all system configuration pages.
- Changed appearance of topbar and footer.
- openvpn: Regenerate user key or certificate if empty.
- disks: Workaround issue in parted during resize.
92. Plinth v0.13.1 (2017-01-22)
- Two new apps were added:
- Gobby Server (infinoted) for collaborative editing of text documents
- Domain Name Server (BIND), in system menu
- Added basic configuration form for Minetest server.
Added indicator to Help->About page if new Plinth version is available.
- Show app logos on front page instead of generic icons.
- Prevent anonymous users from accessing setup pages.
- Split Chat Server (XMPP) app into Chat Server (ejabberd) and Chat Client (jsxc).
93. Plinth v0.12.0 (2016-12-08)
- Open up RTP ports in the firewall for repro (SIP server).
- Front page shortcuts for services show a Configure button in the details box for logged-in users.
- Add mods packages to be installed with Minetest server.
- Fix issue with reading Dynamic DNS status as non-root user.
- After the hostname is changed, ensure the domain name is still set correctly.
- Allow the domain name to be cleared, and properly set the configuration in this case.
- On the Certificates (Let's Encrypt) page, show a more informative message when no domains are configured.
- On the Chat Server (XMPP) page, show more clearly if domain is not set.
- Apps that require login will not be shown on the front page, unless the user is logged in.
- Show status block for News Feed Reader (Tiny Tiny RSS).
- Change appearance of front page with larger icons and repositioned text.
- Firewall page only lists services that have been setup. The port lists are collapsible under each service.
- Support configuring IPv6 networks.
- Make it less likely to accidentally delete the only Plinth user.
- Updated to work with JSXC 3.0.0 (XMPP web client).
94. Plinth v0.11.0 (2016-09-29)
- Added loading icon for additional busy operations.
- Added basic front page with shortcuts to web apps, and information about enabled services.
- networks: Add batctl as dependency, required for batman-adv mesh networking.
- Fixed checking restricted usernames.
- Display error message if unable to set SSH keys.
- Flush nscd cache after user operations to avoid some types of errors.
- Adopted to using SHA256 fingerprints.
- Sort items for consistent display.
- Handle new uid format of gpg2.
- Fixed handling of unavailable imported domains.
- minetest: Fixed showing status block and diagnostics.
- Fixed stretched favicon.
- Switched base template from container-fluid to container. This will narrow the content area for larger displays.
- Plinth is now able to run as "plinth" user instead of root user.
- xmpp: Replaced jwchat with jsxc.
- ikiwiki: Allow only alphanumerics in wiki/blog name to avoid invalid paths.
95. Plinth v0.10.0 (2016-08-21)
- Updated Plinth to support Django 1.10.
- Added a page to display recent status log from Plinth. It is accessible from the 500 error page.
- Tor: Added options to toggle relay and bridge relay modes.
- Radicale: Added access rights control.
- Ikiwiki: Updated suggested packages.
- Users and Groups: Fixed editing users without SSH keys.
- Networks: Added basic support for configuring batman-adv mesh networking.
- Networks: Fixed incorrect access for retrieving DNS entries.
- New languages:
- Persian (50% translated)
- Indonesian (not started, contributions needed)
- New modules added to Plinth:
- Disks: Shows free space of mounted partitions, and allows expanding the root partition.
- Security: Controls login restrictions.
- Snapshots: Manages Btrfs snapshots.
96. Version 0.9.4 (2016-06-24)
- Added Polish translation.
- Fixed issue preventing access to Plinth on a non-standard port.
- Dealt with ownCloud removal from Debian. The ownCloud page in Plinth will be hidden if it has not been setup. Otherwise, a warning is shown.
- Fixed issue in Privoxy configuration. Two overlapping listen-addresses were configured, which prevented privoxy service from starting.
- Fixed issue that could allow someone to start a module setup process without being logged in to Plinth.
- Fixed issues with some diagnostic tests that would show false positive results.
- Added check to Diagnostics to skip tests for modules that have not been setup.
- Fixed some username checks that could cause errors when editing the user.
- Added sorting of menu items per locale.
- Moved Dynamic DNS and Pagekite from Applications to System Configuration.
- Allowed setting IP for shared network connections.
- Switched Dreamplug image from "non-free" to "free". This means that we no longer include the non-free firmware for the built-in wifi on Dreamplug.
- Added the "userdir" module for the Apache web server. This allows users in the "admin" group to create a folder called "public_html" under their home folder, and to publicly share files placed in this folder.
New wiki and manual content licence: Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International (from June 13rd 2016).
- Switched to using apt-get for module setup in Plinth. This fixes several issues that were seen during package installs.
97. Version 0.9 (2016-04-24)
- Fixed Wi-Fi AP setup.
- Prevent lockout of users in 'sudo' group after setup is complete.
Improved setup mechanism for Plinth modules. Allows users to see what a module is useful for, before doing the setup and package install. Also allows essential modules to be setup by default during FreedomBox install.
- Added HTTPS certificates to Monkeysphere page. Reorganized so that multiple domains can be added to a key.
- Added Radicale, a CalDAV and CardDAV server.
- Added Minetest Server, a multiplayer infinite-world block sandbox.
- Added Tiny Tiny RSS, a news feed reader.
98. Version 0.8 (2016-02-20)
- Added Quassel, an IRC client that stays connected to IRC networks and can synchronize multiple frontends.
- Improved first boot user interface.
- Fixed Transmission RPC whitelist issue.
- Added translations for Turkish, Chinese, and Russian. Fixed and updated translations in other languages.
- Added Monkeysphere, which uses PGP web of trust for SSH host key verification.
- Added Let's Encrypt, to obtain certificates for domains, so that browser certificate warnings can be avoided.
- Added repro, a SIP server for audio and video calls.
- Allow users to set their SSH public keys, so they can login over SSH without a password.
99. Version 0.7 (2015-12-13)
- Translations! Full translations of the interface in Danish, Dutch, French, German and Norwegian Bokmål, and partial Telugu.
- Support for OLinuXino A20 MICRO and LIME2
- New Plinth applications: OpenVPN, reStore
- Improved first-boot experience
- Many bugfixes and cleanups
100. Version 0.6 (2015-10-31)
- New supported hardware target: Raspberry Pi 2
- New modules in Plinth:
- Shaarli: Web application to manage and share bookmarks
Date & Time: Configure time zone and NTP service
- Service Discovery: Configure Avahi service
- Documentation revamp including new user manual and developer guide
- Improved diagnostic tests, available in Plinth
- Avoid unnecessary changes when installing on existing Debian system
- Network configuration supports PPPoE connections
- Debian packages can be download over Tor
101. Version 0.5 (2015-08-07)
New targets: CubieTruck, i386, amd64
- New apps in Plinth: Transmission, Dynamic DNS, Mumble, ikiwiki, Deluge, Roundcube, Privoxy
NetworkManager handles network configuration and can be manipulated through Plinth.
- Software Upgrades (unattended-upgrades) module can upgrade the system, and enable automatic upgrades.
- Plinth is now capable of installing ejabberd, jwchat, and privoxy, so they are not included in image but can be installed when needed.
- User authentication through LDAP for SSH, XMPP (ejabberd), and ikiwiki.
- Unit test suite is automatically run on Plinth upstream. This helps us catch at least some code errors before they are discovered by users!
- New, simpler look for Plinth.
- Performance improvements for Plinth.
102. Version 0.3 (2015-01-20)
- Tor Bridges: All boxes now act as non-exit Tor bridges, routing traffic for the Tor network.
Firewall: firewall is on by default and is automatically managed.
Add BeagleBone support. We now have images for BeagleBone, RaspberryPi, VirtualBox i386/amd64, and DreamPlug.
- Ability to enable and use Tor Hidden Services. Works with Ejabberd/JWChat and ownCloud services.
- Enable Tor obfsproxy with scramblesuit.
- Drop well-known root password (an account with sudo capabilities still exists for now but will be removed soon).
- Switch to unstable as suite of choice for easier development.
- Newer images are built with systemd by default (due to Debian change).
- Install and operate firewall automatically (uses firewalld).
- Major restructuring of Plinth UI using Python3, Django web development framework and Bootstrap3. Code quality is much better and UI is more polished.
- Introduced packaging framework in Plinth UI for on-demand application installation.
103. Version 0.2 (2014-03-16)
Support for Raspberry Pi and VirtualBox (x86) in addition to the DreamPlug.
- New Services:
- Configuration Management UI.
- Instant Messaging.
- Low-Level Configuration Management.
- Service Announcement.
- LDAP Server.
- LXC Support.
- Source Packages.
- The privoxy setup is now the default from Debian.
104. Version 0.1 (2013-02-26)
First FreedomBox software release (0.1 image, developer release).
- Full hardware support in Debian
Support for DreamPlug.
- Basic software tools selected as common working environment:
- User interface system "plinth"
- Cryptography tools: gpg or "monkeysphere"
Box-to-box communication design: Freedom-buddy (uses TOR network)
- Web cleaning: "privoxy-freedombox".
Next call: Saturday, August 13 at 14:00 UTC
This page is copyright its contributors and is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-SA 4.0) license.