Comment: add 19.3 release notes
update 19.6 release notes
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 12:||Line 12:|
== FreedomBox 19.6 (2019-04-29) ==
* i2p: Enable new application for I2P Anonymity Network.
* Updated translations for Czech, German, Norwegian Bokmål, and Turkish.
* letsencrypt: Provide link to configure domain if not configured.
* firewall: Show port numbers and types.
== FreedomBox 19.5 (2019-04-15) ==
* storage: Use more reliable method to list disks and disk space usage.
* Updated translations for Russian and German.
== FreedomBox 19.4 (2019-04-01) ==
* clients: Open web app in a new browser tab
* matrix-synapse: Change client diagnostics url
* minetest: Fix duplicate domain names being displayed in UI
* storage: Do not show an eject button on /boot partitions
* letsencrypt: Call letsencrypt manage_hooks with correct arguments
* dynamicdns: Install module by default
* storage: Don't check type of the disk for / and /boot
* storage: Don't log error when checking if partition is expandable
* Updated translations for Norwegian Bokmål, Czech, German, Hungarian, Spanish, German, and Russian.
- FreedomBox 19.6 (2019-04-29)
- FreedomBox 19.5 (2019-04-15)
- FreedomBox 19.4 (2019-04-01)
- FreedomBox 19.3 (2019-03-18)
- FreedomBox 19.2 (2019-03-02)
- FreedomBox 19.1 (2019-02-14)
- FreedomBox 19.0 (2019-02-09)
- Version 0.49.1 (2019-02-07)
- Version 0.49.0 (2019-02-05)
- Version 0.48.0 (2019-01-28)
- Version 0.47.0 (2019-01-14)
- Version 0.46.0 (2018-12-31)
- Version 0.45.0 (2018-12-17)
- Version 0.44.0 (2018-12-03)
- Version 0.43.0 (2018-11-19)
- Version 0.42.0 (2018-11-05)
- Version 0.41.0 (2018-10-22)
- Version 0.40.0 (2018-10-08)
- Version 0.39.0 (2018-09-24)
- Version 0.38.0 (2018-09-10)
- Version 0.37.0 (2018-08-27)
- Version 0.36.0 (2018-08-13)
- Version 0.35.0 (2018-07-30)
- Version 0.34.0 (2018-07-16)
- Version 0.33.1 (2018-07-04)
- Version 0.33.0 (2018-07-02)
- Version 0.32.0 (2018-06-18)
- Version 0.31.0 (2018-06-04)
- Version 0.30.0 (2018-05-21)
- Version 0.29.1 (2018-05-08)
- Version 0.29.0 (2018-05-07)
- Version 0.28.0 (2018-04-23)
- Version 0.27.0 (2018-04-09)
- Version 0.26.0 (2018-03-26)
- Version 0.25.0 (2018-03-12)
- Plinth v0.24.0 (2018-02-26)
- Plinth v0.23.0 (2018-02-12)
- Plinth v0.22.0 (2018-01-30)
- Plinth v0.21.0 (2018-01-15)
- Plinth v0.20.0 (2018-01-01)
- Plinth v0.19.0 (2017-12-18)
- Plinth v0.18.0 (2017-12-04)
- Plinth v0.17.0 (2017-11-20)
- Plinth v0.16.0 (2017-11-06)
- Plinth v0.15.3 (2017-10-20)
- Plinth v0.15.2 (2017-09-24)
- Plinth v0.15.0 (2017-07-01)
- Plinth v0.14.0 (2017-04)
- Plinth v0.13.1 (2017-01-22)
- Plinth v0.12.0 (2016-12-08)
- Plinth v0.11.0 (2016-09-29)
- Plinth v0.10.0 (2016-08-21)
- Version 0.9.4 (2016-06-24)
- Version 0.9 (2016-04-24)
- Version 0.8 (2016-02-20)
- Version 0.7 (2015-12-13)
- Version 0.6 (2015-10-31)
- Version 0.5 (2015-08-07)
- Version 0.3 (2015-01-20)
- Version 0.2 (2014-03-16)
- Version 0.1 (2013-02-26)
Please check as well contribution, progress calls, and TODOs related pages.
For more technical details, see the Plinth changelog.
The following are the release notes for each FreedomBox version.
FreedomBox 19.6 (2019-04-29)
- i2p: Enable new application for I2P Anonymity Network.
- Updated translations for Czech, German, Norwegian Bokmål, and Turkish.
- letsencrypt: Provide link to configure domain if not configured.
- firewall: Show port numbers and types.
FreedomBox 19.5 (2019-04-15)
- storage: Use more reliable method to list disks and disk space usage.
- Updated translations for Russian and German.
FreedomBox 19.4 (2019-04-01)
- clients: Open web app in a new browser tab
- matrix-synapse: Change client diagnostics url
- minetest: Fix duplicate domain names being displayed in UI
- storage: Do not show an eject button on /boot partitions
- letsencrypt: Call letsencrypt manage_hooks with correct arguments
- dynamicdns: Install module by default
- storage: Don't check type of the disk for / and /boot
- storage: Don't log error when checking if partition is expandable
- Updated translations for Norwegian Bokmål, Czech, German, Hungarian, Spanish, German, and Russian.
FreedomBox 19.3 (2019-03-18)
- UI: Move tabs below descriptions.
- firewall: Style heading
- names: Add description
- pagekite: Change heading text
- ikiwiki: Consistent styling for delete warning page
- main: Show service version in logs
- setup: Organize data files into various apps
- Updated translations for Czech, Hungarian, Norwegian Bokmål, Spanish, German, French, Italian, and Turkish.
FreedomBox 19.2 (2019-03-02)
- config: Fix Ikiwiki entries not showing up as default apps
- config: Migrate default app configuration to new conf file
- config: Rename Default App to Webserver Home Page
- config: Add option to use Apache's default home page as home page
- config: Fix error when setting JSXC as the home page
- Disable Coquelicot for Buster release
- matrix-synapse: Fix LDAP login issue
- config: Revert changes in freedombox.conf to avoid conffile prompt
- openvpn: Migration from easy-rsa 2 to 3 for existing installations
- tor: Use fixed 9001 port for relaying
- package: Implement identifying packages that need conffile prompts
- setup: Trigger force upgrade for app that implement it
- bind: Handle conffile prompt during upgrade
- apache: Pre-enable necessary apache modules
- apache: Use cgid module instead of cgi
- openvpn: Make frontpage shortcut appear after an upgrade
- openvpn: Work around firewalld bug 919517
- firewalld: Implement upgrading from 0.4.x to 0.6.x
- ttrss: Implement upgrade from 17.4 to 18.12
- radicale: Add description of web interface
- ttrss: Add backup support
- security: Migrate access config to new file
- Updated translations for Czech, Hungarian, Norwegian Bokmål, Spanish, German, Telugu.
FreedomBox 19.1 (2019-02-14)
- radicale: Increment module version to trigger upgrade handling
- radicale: Remove obsolete diagnostics
- radicale: Fix server URLs in client info
- Updated translations for Czech, Norwegian Bokmål, and Spanish.
- setup: Add option to handle configuration prompts during install
- radicale: Simplify upgrading to newer packages
- matrixsynapse: Use Let's Encrypt certificates
FreedomBox 19.0 (2019-02-09)
- mldonkey: Add some more clients to the module page
- mldonkey: Add to the description the three available front-ends
- monkeysphere: Fix handling of multiple domains and keys
- monkeysphere: Fix regression with reading new apache domain config
- apache: Switch to mod_ssl from mod_gnutls
- mldonkey: Enable app
- upgrades: Fix priority for buster-backports version
- upgrades: Fix premature adding of buster-backports sources
- Updated translations for Czech, German, and Spanish
- Switched to a new version number scheme: YY.N
- YY is the year of release.
- N is the release number within that year.
Version 0.49.1 (2019-02-07)
- ui: Fix regression with configure button in home page.
- backups: Rename 'Abort' buttons to 'Cancel'.
- backups: Use icon for add repository button.
- backups: Move subsubmenu below description.
- backups: Add title and description to other pages.
- backups: Add link to manual page.
- backups: Fix styling for upload size warning.
- backups: Increase timeout for SSH operations to 30 seconds.
- letsencrypt: UI: Fix checkbox disabling.
- datetime: Switch from chrony to systemd-timesyncd.
- Updated translations for Czech, Norwegian Bokmål, and Spanish.
Version 0.49.0 (2019-02-05)
- help: Use correct package to determine available version.
- repro: Disable app due to issues with Debian package.
- ui: Fix regression with card icon style in front page.
- js: Support full librejs compatibility.
- backups: Remove incorrectly set buffer size during download.
- backups: Fix incomplete download archives.
- backups: Improve performance of backup download.
- radicale: Handle migration from 1.x to 2.x.
- datetime: Switch from ntp to chrony.
- backports: Add buster-backports to apt sources list.
- Updated translations for Czech, Norwegian Bokmål, and Hungarian.
Version 0.48.0 (2019-01-28)
- Updated translations for Czech, Hungarian, German, and Norwegian Bokmål.
- UI improvements:
- Fix top margin for content containers.
- Fix setting width of card-list at various page sizes.
- Show help nav item text when navbar is collapsed.
- Hide restart/shutdown items when navbar is collapsed.
- Compact pages on extra small screen sizes.
- Backups improvements:
- Add backup/restore support for syncthing and openvpn.
- Upgrade apps before restoring them
- Fix showing not-installed apps in create backup page
- Automatically install required apps before restore.
- Add a loader to the restore button to indicate progress.
- Serve default favicon for apps that don't provide one.
- radicale: Fix issue with configuration changes not applying.
- storage: Fix false error message in log when visiting home page.
- infinoted: Handle timeout issue when stopping daemon during setup.
- matrix-synapse: Fix startup error caused by bind_address setting.
- radicale: Avoid changes to conffile for radicale 2.x.
- help: Fix showing status logs when an error occurs.
- fail2ban: Enable bans for apache auth failures.
- mldonkey: Initial work on new module for the eDonkey network.
- Not available yet, due to bug in package.
Version 0.47.0 (2019-01-14)
- Show Gujarati in the list of languages.
- Replace glyphicons with forkawesome icons.
- Change configuration to avoid filling up disk.
- Handle "Config in use" error.
- Update descriptions and configuration options.
- Firewall: Fix issue with transition from iptables.
- Security: Switch to Argon2 password hash.
- Cockpit: Add link to manual page and update description.
- Radicale: Add initial support for radicale 2.x.
- Handle showing setup page after app completes installation.
- Optimize installation in-progress checks and refresh time.
Version 0.46.0 (2018-12-31)
- Updated translations for Czech, German, Spanish, Ukrainian, and Norwegian Bokmål.
- Use systemd journal for logging.
- Rename plinth binary package to "freedombox", and merge freedombox-setup package into it.
Version 0.45.0 (2018-12-17)
- Storage: Merge list of removable media into existing table.
- Backups: Allow remote backups to SSH servers using sshfs.
- Backups: Removed asking for backup archive name.
- Automatically handle future versions of PHP.
- Updated translations for Hungarian, Czech, Spanish, Chinese (Simplified), Italian, Norwegian Bokmål, French, and German.
Version 0.44.0 (2018-12-03)
- UI: Add card style and gray noise background to apps pages.
- UI: Fix distortion of the client apps buttons.
- ejabberd: Handle BOSH port change from TCP 5280 to 5443.
- Minetest: Update mods list to available Debian packages.
- Firewall: Use nftables instead of iptables.
- Snapshots: Fix default snapshot listing.
- Snapshots: Show description above either tab.
- Snapshots: Allow snapshots to be selected for deletion.
- Translations: Updated Czech, Norwegian Bokmål, Spanish, German, and Portuguese.
Version 0.43.0 (2018-11-19)
- Backups improvements:
- Allow backups to be downloaded directly, without export step.
- Restore directly from uploaded backup.
- Avoid error for apps with no data to backup.
- Show free disk space on upload and restore page.
- Do not limit maximum upload size.
- openvpn: Migrate to easy-rsa 3 and fix setup issues.
- Make single sign-on tickets valid for 12 hours.
- Use consistent terminology for updates.
- Updated translations for Czech and Portuguese.
Version 0.42.0 (2018-11-05)
- Fix wrong color in mobile menu
- snapshot: Fix broken snapshot management after snapper update
- Enable backup/restore for tor, upgrades, monkeysphere, letsencrypt, tahoe
- monkeysphere: Handle importing new OpenSSH format keys
- udiskie: unmount drive as superuser
- Updated translations for Telugu, Indonesian, and Italian
Version 0.41.0 (2018-10-22)
- Enable backup/restore for datetime, deluge, avahi, backups, bind, security, snapshot, ssh, firewall, diagnostics, names, power, and storage.
- snapshot: Fix issue with setting configuration.
- backups: Fix backup archives ownership issue.
- backups: Fix issue with showing exports from disks without labels.
- backups: Don't rely on disk labels during export/restore.
- backups: Fix downloading extracted archive files.
- Updated translations for Norwegian Bokmål, French, Russian, and Spanish.
Version 0.40.0 (2018-10-08)
- Enable backup/restore for mumble, privoxy, roundcube, searx, jsxc, coquelicot, transmission, quassel, shadowsocks, sharing, pagekite, and cockpit.
- Allow backup archives to be downloaded/uploaded through browser.
- mediawiki: Backup/restore settings as well as data.
- User Interface
- Change card text style and position.
- Change maximum cards per row.
- Add tint effect on card icons under "Apps".
- mediawiki: Run update script for 1.31 upgrade.
- customization: Show custom shortcuts on frontpage.
- Updated translations for Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Spanish, Czech, German, French, and Italian.
Version 0.39.0 (2018-09-24)
- Updated translations for Hungarian and Norwegian Bokmål.
- Merge Removable Media (udiskie) into Storage module.
- Add Backups module for backing up apps data.
Version 0.38.0 (2018-09-10)
mediawiki: Enable SVG support for MediaWiki
- upgrades: Clean up old kernel packages during automatic upgrades
- Make the progress bar at the top of the page more visible.
- Updated translations for Norwegian Bokmål, Czech, Russian, German, Hungarian, and Spanish.
Version 0.37.0 (2018-08-27)
- Updated translations for Czech, Norwegian Bokmål, Russian, Spanish, Hungarian, and Dutch.
- install: Use Post/Response/Get pattern for reloads.
Version 0.36.0 (2018-08-13)
- Updated translations for Hindi, Spanish, Russian, Telugu, German, Hungarian, Czech, and French
- ejabberd: Remove deprecated settings from already existing config files
- mediawiki: Fix issue with re-installation
- mediawiki: Enable Instant Commons
- mediawiki: Fix images throwing 403s
- Add Lato woff2 fonts
- Disable launch button for web client when not installed
Version 0.35.0 (2018-07-30)
configuration: Add an option to set a default app for FreedomBox. The root URL path (https://domainname/) will redirect to the selected app.
ejabberd: Remove deprecated iqdisc setting. To apply this fix, disable and then re-enable the Message Archive Management setting.
- ejabberd: Replace logo with original version.
mediawiki: Enable short URLs, which look like https://domainname/mediawiki/ArticleName.
- radicale: Clarify description for shared calendar/addressbook.
- storage: Handle mount points with spaces.
- udiskie: Add button to eject drives.
- udiskie: Also show read-only filesystems.
- udiskie: Remove internal networks warning.
- udiskie: Show special message when no storage device available.
- Add turbolinks library for smoother navigation.
- Removed extra text from icons for mediawiki, radicale, and tahoe-lafs.
- Updated translations for Russian, Spanish, Dutch, Hungarian, Hindi, Italian, Telugu, German, and Norwegian Bokmål.
Version 0.34.0 (2018-07-16)
- Prompt for secret during firstboot welcome
(Does not apply to downloadable FreedomBox images, but only when installed using freedombox-setup package.)
- Updated translations for Italian, Dutch, Hindi, Hungarian
Version 0.33.1 (2018-07-04)
- Fix issue where editing a user would remove them from admin group
- Updated translations for Hungarian, Czech, Spanish, Russian, Hindi
Version 0.33.0 (2018-07-02)
- Updated translations for Hungarian, Norwegian Bokmål, Spanish, Russian, Czech, Hindi, Dutch, Italian
- firewall: Display information that a service is internal only
- users: Don't show Create User link to non-admin users
- users: Redirect to users list on successful user creation
- packages: Show button to refresh package lists when a package is not available for install
- Only show front page shortcuts that a user is allowed to access
- Restrict removal of last admin user
- Use logos instead of icons in the apps page
- udiskie: New module for automatic mounting of removable media
Version 0.32.0 (2018-06-18)
- Apply new card based design
- Fix client info table size and flickering
- first-setup: Automatically expand root partition
- mediawiki: Enable image uploads
- mediawiki: Make private mode and public registrations mutually exclusive
- mediawiki: Hide frontpage shortcut when private mode is enabled
- Updated translations for Norwegian Bokmål, Czech, Spanish, Russian, Hindi, Telugu, Italian, Dutch, German, and Hungarian
Version 0.31.0 (2018-06-04)
- Updated translations for Czech, Spanish, Russian, German, Italian, Hindi, Telugu, and Norwegian Bokmål
- mediawiki: Added private mode option
- users: Fix user permissions not being saved
- users: internationalize a string
- mediawiki: Run update script for 1.30 upgrade
- shortcuts: Fix urls for ikiwiki shortcuts
Version 0.30.0 (2018-05-21)
- Updated translations for Russian, Italian, Norwegian Bokmål, Hungarian, and Hindi
- setup: Remove unavailable as a state in setup_helper
Version 0.29.1 (2018-05-08)
- security: Fix issue with Plinth locked out from sudo
- Updated translations for Czech and Spanish
Version 0.29.0 (2018-05-07)
- security: Allow console login access to user plinth
- Add an option to enable/disable public registrations in mediawiki
- tt-rss: Skip the check for SELF_URL_PATH
- searx: Fix issue with uwsgi crashing
- Updated translations for Czech, Spanish, German, Norwegian Bokmål, and Italian
Version 0.28.0 (2018-04-23)
- setup: disable install button for currently unavailable apps
- Add locale for Lithuanian (lt)
- Translation updates for Italian, Czech, Russian, Spanish, German, Norwegian Bokmål, Telugu, and Dutch
Version 0.27.0 (2018-04-09)
- middleware: Skip 'installed' message for essential apps
- users: Fix admin group appearing twice in permissions
- apps: Fix app names and short descriptions not being translated
- snapshots: Move manual page link to the index page
- UI: Fix progress bar not appearing
- snapshots: Fix for permissions issue when updating configuration
- snapshots: Add option to enable/disable software installation snapshots
- Translation updates for Italian, Czech, Russian, Spanish, Dutch, German, Norwegian Bokmål, and Ukrainian
Version 0.26.0 (2018-03-26)
- snapshots: Update description
- searx: Rewrite url from /searx to /searx/
- manual: Link to manual from each service
- Workaround security issues in django-axes
- apache: Only regenerate snake oil cert when needed
- apache: Explicitly enable the latest version of PHP module
- apache: Increase module version number to fix php7.2
- Update translations for Chinese (Simplified), Russian, Czech, German, Norwegian Bokmål, Hungarian, Spanish, and Italian
Version 0.25.0 (2018-03-12)
- sharing: Add app for sharing disk folders.
- ttrss: Update list of client apps.
- infinoted: Allow setup to recover after timeout issue.
- snapshots: Add configuration tab with settings for time-based snapshots.
Plinth v0.24.0 (2018-02-26)
- Add file-sharing application Coquelicot.
- Add metasearch engine application Searx.
- Add locale for Hungarian (hu).
- mediawiki: Allow shortcut to be publicly visible on front page.
- clients: Add and correct Client Apps.
- locale: Preferred language can be set in each user's profile.
- locale: Anonymous users can select preferred language.
- config: Remove language selection from config page.
- matrixsynapse: Fix mail attribute for ldap login.
Plinth v0.23.0 (2018-02-12)
- snapshots: Modify configurations to reduce disk usage.
- snapshots: Skip currently active snapshot when deleting all snapshots.
- jsxc: Use consistent url format.
- sso: Increase timeout to 60 minutes.
- theme: Change font from Helvetica to Lato.
- Translation updates for Czech, German, Gujarati, and Telugu.
Plinth v0.22.0 (2018-01-30)
- matrix-synapse: Make sure configuration file does not get corrupted.
- tor: Show enabled status properly.
- first_setup: Fix not showing admin user creation step.
Migrate from GitHub to Salsa
Migrate from CirceCI to GitLab CI on Salsa.
- Translation updates for Czech, Dutch, Gujarati, Hindi, Russian and Telugu.
- Started new translation for Ukrainian.
Plinth v0.21.0 (2018-01-15)
- navigation bar: Change label from 'Configuration' to 'System'.
- storage: Removed beta warning for expanding partition.
- groups: Consistently show available user groups, even before applications are installed.
- syncthing: Restrict administration to users in "syncthing" group.
- help: Show menu on smaller screens also.
- diagnostics: Enable the "Run Diagnostics" button when applications are enabled but not running.
Plinth v0.20.0 (2018-01-01)
- bind: Don't use forwarders by default
- ejabberd: Remove redundant button Client Apps
- mediawiki: Add wiki application
- users: Make sure first run actually works
- bind: Add information about current utility
Plinth v0.19.0 (2017-12-18)
- ejabberd: Use dynamic reload instead of restart when changing configuration.
- manual: Make manual available as a PDF download.
- minetest: Show domain information for users to connect to minetest.
- snapshots: Add button to delete all snapshots.
- snapshots: Add option to enable/disable automatic timeline snapshots.
- users: Add groups for bit-torrent and feed-reader, available when these applications are installed.
Plinth v0.18.0 (2017-12-04)
- Add Shadowsocks client with socks5 proxy.
- Fix SSO regressions and conflict with captcha.
- transmission: Fix sso not being enabled on upgrade.
avahi: Add service for FreedomBox discovery.
- Add client information for modules.
Plinth v0.17.0 (2017-11-20)
- transmission: Enable Single Sign On.
- cockpit: Add short description to frontpage shortcut.
- fail2ban: Fix spelling and sentence structure.
Plinth v0.16.0 (2017-11-06)
- Add mobile, web and desktop client info for modules.
Enable django SecurityMiddleware to improve security ratings.
- cockpit: New module for server administration and web terminal.
- letsencrypt: Fix internal server error when obtaining a certificate.
- ejabberd: Fix LDAP server entry in config file during setup.
- jsxc: Fix outdated URLs for connecting to local ejabberd server.
Plinth v0.15.3 (2017-10-20)
- Rename Disks to Storage.
- Rename Snapshot to Storage Snapshots.
- tt-rss: Enable API access by default.
- Allow access to Plinth from outside the LAN.
- matrix-synapse: Disable public registration by default.
- power: Merge actions into the user dropdown.
- Add locales for Kannada (kn) and for Bengali (bn).
- ejabberd: Use Let's Encrypt certificate, also across renewals.
- matrix-synapse: Add enable/disable public registrations.
- Add captcha validation on 3 failed attempts.
- matrix-synapse: Enable LDAP integration.
- letsencrypt: Automatically obtain and revoke SSL certificates.
- Fix front page label names.
- Fix vertical alignment of shortcut icons.
- storage: Fix issue with locales that use other decimal separators.
- Make tt-rss api accessible using Apache basic auth.
- letsencrypt: Handle case where current domain is empty.
- Handle both admin and non-admin user names in update user template.
Plinth v0.15.2 (2017-09-24)
- letsencrypt: Show more info on cert validity status.
- letsencrypt: Add option to delete certificates.
- letsencrypt: Add option to let Plinth manage certbot's renewal hooks.
- power: Warn if a package manager is running before shutdown/restart.
- security: Install and manage fail2ban.
- names: Include domain and services from dynamicdns.
- disks: Add low disk space warning to system and disks page.
- ssh: New application to manage SSH server.
- Add api module to get enabled services and access info.
- Add Django password validators.
- ejabberd, ikiwiki, ttrss: Add user login descriptions.
- diaspora: Disable for this release due to issues affecting package.
- Remove help from navbar before firstboot complete.
- i18n: Don't use backslash-newline for wrapping long lines.
- radicale: Update link to documentation.
- sso: Upgrade crypto to 4096-bit RSA and SHA-512.
- Users: Allow non-admin users to log out.
- letsencrypt: Make Let's Encrypt an essential module.
- UI: Make apps and configure pages responsive on small screens.
- Make help accessible for logged-in non-admin users.
Plinth v0.15.0 (2017-07-01)
- Added Tahoe-LAFS module for distributed file storage.
- Added Diaspora* module for federated social networking.
- Currently only available in "contrib" repository.
- New Locales for Czech (cs) and Tamil (ta).
- Added SSO using auth_pubtkt for Syncthing, TT-RSS, and the Repro admin panel.
- If you are logged in to Plinth, you will be automatically logged in to these web apps.
- ejabberd: Added option to enable/disable Message Archive Management.
- help: Added Debian release name to about page.
- firstboot: De-bloat first welcome screen.
- Pinned footer to the bottom of the viewport.
- disks: Restrict precision of reported available space on root partition.
- diagnostics: Disable button if app/service is not running.
- help: Only show help pages if user is logged in.
- navbar: Moved logout to user drop-down and added a new power drop-down.
- disks: Show disabled partition resize option if no space is available.
- Added line break to titles to fix frontpage layout.
- syncthing: Fixed typos and clarity in description.
- firewall: Fix 500 error when firewalld is not running.
- setup: Disable install/upgrade when dpkg/apt is running.
- disks: Use information from lsblk for more accuracy.
- datetime: Show timezone properly when it not in expected list.
Plinth v0.14.0 (2017-04)
- tor: Added option to use upstream bridges.
- openvpn: Added shortcut to front page, shown only when logged-in.
- openvpn: Non-admin users can download their own profiles.
- Added new locales for Hindi (hi) and Gujarati (gu).
- Added Syncthing module for file synchronization.
- Added Matrix Synapse as chat server with groups, audio and video.
- Require admin access for all system configuration pages.
- Changed appearance of topbar and footer.
- openvpn: Regenerate user key or certificate if empty.
- disks: Workaround issue in parted during resize.
Plinth v0.13.1 (2017-01-22)
- Two new apps were added:
- Gobby Server (infinoted) for collaborative editing of text documents
- Domain Name Server (BIND), in system menu
- Added basic configuration form for Minetest server.
Added indicator to Help->About page if new Plinth version is available.
- Show app logos on front page instead of generic icons.
- Prevent anonymous users from accessing setup pages.
- Split Chat Server (XMPP) app into Chat Server (ejabberd) and Chat Client (jsxc).
Plinth v0.12.0 (2016-12-08)
- Open up RTP ports in the firewall for repro (SIP server).
- Front page shortcuts for services show a Configure button in the details box for logged-in users.
- Add mods packages to be installed with Minetest server.
- Fix issue with reading Dynamic DNS status as non-root user.
- After the hostname is changed, ensure the domain name is still set correctly.
- Allow the domain name to be cleared, and properly set the configuration in this case.
- On the Certificates (Let's Encrypt) page, show a more informative message when no domains are configured.
- On the Chat Server (XMPP) page, show more clearly if domain is not set.
- Apps that require login will not be shown on the front page, unless the user is logged in.
- Show status block for News Feed Reader (Tiny Tiny RSS).
- Change appearance of front page with larger icons and repositioned text.
- Firewall page only lists services that have been setup. The port lists are collapsible under each service.
- Support configuring IPv6 networks.
- Make it less likely to accidentally delete the only Plinth user.
- Updated to work with JSXC 3.0.0 (XMPP web client).
Plinth v0.11.0 (2016-09-29)
- Added loading icon for additional busy operations.
- Added basic front page with shortcuts to web apps, and information about enabled services.
- networks: Add batctl as dependency, required for batman-adv mesh networking.
- Fixed checking restricted usernames.
- Display error message if unable to set SSH keys.
- Flush nscd cache after user operations to avoid some types of errors.
- Adopted to using SHA256 fingerprints.
- Sort items for consistent display.
- Handle new uid format of gpg2.
- Fixed handling of unavailable imported domains.
- minetest: Fixed showing status block and diagnostics.
- Fixed stretched favicon.
- Switched base template from container-fluid to container. This will narrow the content area for larger displays.
- Plinth is now able to run as "plinth" user instead of root user.
- xmpp: Replaced jwchat with jsxc.
- ikiwiki: Allow only alphanumerics in wiki/blog name to avoid invalid paths.
Plinth v0.10.0 (2016-08-21)
- Updated Plinth to support Django 1.10.
- Added a page to display recent status log from Plinth. It is accessible from the 500 error page.
- Tor: Added options to toggle relay and bridge relay modes.
- Radicale: Added access rights control.
- Ikiwiki: Updated suggested packages.
- Users and Groups: Fixed editing users without SSH keys.
- Networks: Added basic support for configuring batman-adv mesh networking.
- Networks: Fixed incorrect access for retrieving DNS entries.
- New languages:
- Persian (50% translated)
- Indonesian (not started, contributions needed)
- New modules added to Plinth:
- Disks: Shows free space of mounted partitions, and allows expanding the root partition.
- Security: Controls login restrictions.
- Snapshots: Manages Btrfs snapshots.
Version 0.9.4 (2016-06-24)
- Added Polish translation.
- Fixed issue preventing access to Plinth on a non-standard port.
- Dealt with ownCloud removal from Debian. The ownCloud page in Plinth will be hidden if it has not been setup. Otherwise, a warning is shown.
- Fixed issue in Privoxy configuration. Two overlapping listen-addresses were configured, which prevented privoxy service from starting.
- Fixed issue that could allow someone to start a module setup process without being logged in to Plinth.
- Fixed issues with some diagnostic tests that would show false positive results.
- Added check to Diagnostics to skip tests for modules that have not been setup.
- Fixed some username checks that could cause errors when editing the user.
- Added sorting of menu items per locale.
- Moved Dynamic DNS and Pagekite from Applications to System Configuration.
- Allowed setting IP for shared network connections.
- Switched Dreamplug image from "non-free" to "free". This means that we no longer include the non-free firmware for the built-in wifi on Dreamplug.
- Added the "userdir" module for the Apache web server. This allows users in the "admin" group to create a folder called "public_html" under their home folder, and to publicly share files placed in this folder.
New wiki and manual content licence: Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International (from June 13rd 2016).
- Switched to using apt-get for module setup in Plinth. This fixes several issues that were seen during package installs.
Version 0.9 (2016-04-24)
- Fixed Wi-Fi AP setup.
- Prevent lockout of users in 'sudo' group after setup is complete.
Improved setup mechanism for Plinth modules. Allows users to see what a module is useful for, before doing the setup and package install. Also allows essential modules to be setup by default during FreedomBox install.
- Added HTTPS certificates to Monkeysphere page. Reorganized so that multiple domains can be added to a key.
- Added Radicale, a CalDAV and CardDAV server.
- Added Minetest Server, a multiplayer infinite-world block sandbox.
- Added Tiny Tiny RSS, a news feed reader.
Version 0.8 (2016-02-20)
- Added Quassel, an IRC client that stays connected to IRC networks and can synchronize multiple frontends.
- Improved first boot user interface.
- Fixed Transmission RPC whitelist issue.
- Added translations for Turkish, Chinese, and Russian. Fixed and updated translations in other languages.
- Added Monkeysphere, which uses PGP web of trust for SSH host key verification.
- Added Let's Encrypt, to obtain certificates for domains, so that browser certificate warnings can be avoided.
- Added repro, a SIP server for audio and video calls.
- Allow users to set their SSH public keys, so they can login over SSH without a password.
Version 0.7 (2015-12-13)
- Translations! Full translations of the interface in Danish, Dutch, French, German and Norwegian Bokmål, and partial Telugu.
- Support for OLinuXino A20 MICRO and LIME2
- New Plinth applications: OpenVPN, reStore
- Improved first-boot experience
- Many bugfixes and cleanups
Version 0.6 (2015-10-31)
- New supported hardware target: Raspberry Pi 2
- New modules in Plinth:
- Shaarli: Web application to manage and share bookmarks
Date & Time: Configure time zone and NTP service
- Service Discovery: Configure Avahi service
- Documentation revamp including new user manual and developer guide
- Improved diagnostic tests, available in Plinth
- Avoid unnecessary changes when installing on existing Debian system
- Network configuration supports PPPoE connections
- Debian packages can be download over Tor
Version 0.5 (2015-08-07)
New targets: CubieTruck, i386, amd64
- New apps in Plinth: Transmission, Dynamic DNS, Mumble, ikiwiki, Deluge, Roundcube, Privoxy
NetworkManager handles network configuration and can be manipulated through Plinth.
- Software Upgrades (unattended-upgrades) module can upgrade the system, and enable automatic upgrades.
- Plinth is now capable of installing ejabberd, jwchat, and privoxy, so they are not included in image but can be installed when needed.
- User authentication through LDAP for SSH, XMPP (ejabberd), and ikiwiki.
- Unit test suite is automatically run on Plinth upstream. This helps us catch at least some code errors before they are discovered by users!
- New, simpler look for Plinth.
- Performance improvements for Plinth.
Version 0.3 (2015-01-20)
- Tor Bridges: All boxes now act as non-exit Tor bridges, routing traffic for the Tor network.
Firewall: firewall is on by default and is automatically managed.
Add BeagleBone support. We now have images for BeagleBone, RaspberryPi, VirtualBox i386/amd64, and DreamPlug.
- Ability to enable and use Tor Hidden Services. Works with Ejabberd/JWChat and ownCloud services.
- Enable Tor obfsproxy with scramblesuit.
- Drop well-known root password (an account with sudo capabilities still exists for now but will be removed soon).
- Switch to unstable as suite of choice for easier development.
- Newer images are built with systemd by default (due to Debian change).
- Install and operate firewall automatically (uses firewalld).
- Major restructuring of Plinth UI using Python3, Django web development framework and Bootstrap3. Code quality is much better and UI is more polished.
- Introduced packaging framework in Plinth UI for on-demand application installation.
Version 0.2 (2014-03-16)
Support for Raspberry Pi and VirtualBox (x86) in addition to the ?DreamPlug.
- New Services:
- Configuration Management UI.
- Instant Messaging.
- Low-Level Configuration Management.
- Service Announcement.
- LDAP Server.
- LXC Support.
- Source Packages.
- The privoxy setup is now the default from Debian.
Version 0.1 (2013-02-26)
First FreedomBox software release (0.1 image, developer release).
- Full hardware support in Debian
Support for ?DreamPlug.
- Basic software tools selected as common working environment:
- User interface system "plinth"
- Cryptography tools: gpg or "monkeysphere"
Box-to-box communication design: Freedom-buddy (uses TOR network)
- Web cleaning: "privoxy-freedombox".
HELP & DISCUSSIONS: Discussion Forum - Mailing List - #freedombox irc.debian.org | CONTACT Foundation | JOIN Project
Next call: Saturday, April 08 at 14:00 UTC
This page is copyright its contributors and is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-SA 4.0) license.