add 0.46.0 release notes
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 12:||Line 12:|
== Version 0.47.0 (2019-01-14) ==
* Show Gujarati in the list of languages.
* Replace glyphicons with forkawesome icons.
* Change configuration to avoid filling up disk.
* Handle "Config in use" error.
* Update descriptions and configuration options.
* Firewall: Fix issue with transition from iptables.
* Security: Switch to Argon2 password hash.
* Cockpit: Add link to manual page and update description.
* Radicale: Add initial support for radicale 2.x.
* Handle showing setup page after app completes installation.
* Optimize installation in-progress checks and refresh time.
- Version 0.47.0 (2019-01-14)
- Version 0.46.0 (2018-12-31)
- Version 0.45.0 (2018-12-17)
- Version 0.44.0 (2018-12-03)
- Version 0.43.0 (2018-11-19)
- Version 0.42.0 (2018-11-05)
- Version 0.41.0 (2018-10-22)
- Version 0.40.0 (2018-10-08)
- Version 0.39.0 (2018-09-24)
- Version 0.38.0 (2018-09-10)
- Version 0.37.0 (2018-08-27)
- Version 0.36.0 (2018-08-13)
- Version 0.35.0 (2018-07-30)
- Version 0.34.0 (2018-07-16)
- Version 0.33.1 (2018-07-04)
- Version 0.33.0 (2018-07-02)
- Version 0.32.0 (2018-06-18)
- Version 0.31.0 (2018-06-04)
- Version 0.30.0 (2018-05-21)
- Version 0.29.1 (2018-05-08)
- Version 0.29.0 (2018-05-07)
- Version 0.28.0 (2018-04-23)
- Version 0.27.0 (2018-04-09)
- Version 0.26.0 (2018-03-26)
- Version 0.25.0 (2018-03-12)
- Plinth v0.24.0 (2018-02-26)
- Plinth v0.23.0 (2018-02-12)
- Plinth v0.22.0 (2018-01-30)
- Plinth v0.21.0 (2018-01-15)
- Plinth v0.20.0 (2018-01-01)
- Plinth v0.19.0 (2017-12-18)
- Plinth v0.18.0 (2017-12-04)
- Plinth v0.17.0 (2017-11-20)
- Plinth v0.16.0 (2017-11-06)
- Plinth v0.15.3 (2017-10-20)
- Plinth v0.15.2 (2017-09-24)
- Plinth v0.15.0 (2017-07-01)
- Plinth v0.14.0 (2017-04)
- Plinth v0.13.1 (2017-01-22)
- Plinth v0.12.0 (2016-12-08)
- Plinth v0.11.0 (2016-09-29)
- Plinth v0.10.0 (2016-08-21)
- Version 0.9.4 (2016-06-24)
- Version 0.9 (2016-04-24)
- Version 0.8 (2016-02-20)
- Version 0.7 (2015-12-13)
- Version 0.6 (2015-10-31)
- Version 0.5 (2015-08-07)
- Version 0.3 (2015-01-20)
- Version 0.2 (2014-03-16)
- Version 0.1 (2013-02-26)
For more technical details, see the Plinth changelog.
The following are the release notes for each FreedomBox version.
Version 0.47.0 (2019-01-14)
- Show Gujarati in the list of languages.
- Replace glyphicons with forkawesome icons.
- Change configuration to avoid filling up disk.
- Handle "Config in use" error.
- Update descriptions and configuration options.
- Firewall: Fix issue with transition from iptables.
- Security: Switch to Argon2 password hash.
- Cockpit: Add link to manual page and update description.
- Radicale: Add initial support for radicale 2.x.
- Handle showing setup page after app completes installation.
- Optimize installation in-progress checks and refresh time.
Version 0.46.0 (2018-12-31)
- Updated translations for Czech, German, Spanish, Ukrainian, and Norwegian Bokmål.
- Use systemd journal for logging.
- Rename plinth binary package to "freedombox", and merge freedombox-setup package into it.
Version 0.45.0 (2018-12-17)
- Storage: Merge list of removable media into existing table.
- Backups: Allow remote backups to SSH servers using sshfs.
- Backups: Removed asking for backup archive name.
- Automatically handle future versions of PHP.
- Updated translations for Hungarian, Czech, Spanish, Chinese (Simplified), Italian, Norwegian Bokmål, French, and German.
Version 0.44.0 (2018-12-03)
- UI: Add card style and gray noise background to apps pages.
- UI: Fix distortion of the client apps buttons.
- ejabberd: Handle BOSH port change from TCP 5280 to 5443.
- Minetest: Update mods list to available Debian packages.
- Firewall: Use nftables instead of iptables.
- Snapshots: Fix default snapshot listing.
- Snapshots: Show description above either tab.
- Snapshots: Allow snapshots to be selected for deletion.
- Translations: Updated Czech, Norwegian Bokmål, Spanish, German, and Portuguese.
Version 0.43.0 (2018-11-19)
- Backups improvements:
- Allow backups to be downloaded directly, without export step.
- Restore directly from uploaded backup.
- Avoid error for apps with no data to backup.
- Show free disk space on upload and restore page.
- Do not limit maximum upload size.
- openvpn: Migrate to easy-rsa 3 and fix setup issues.
- Make single sign-on tickets valid for 12 hours.
- Use consistent terminology for updates.
- Updated translations for Czech and Portuguese.
Version 0.42.0 (2018-11-05)
- Fix wrong color in mobile menu
- snapshot: Fix broken snapshot management after snapper update
- Enable backup/restore for tor, upgrades, monkeysphere, letsencrypt, tahoe
- monkeysphere: Handle importing new OpenSSH format keys
- udiskie: unmount drive as superuser
- Updated translations for Telugu, Indonesian, and Italian
Version 0.41.0 (2018-10-22)
- Enable backup/restore for datetime, deluge, avahi, backups, bind, security, snapshot, ssh, firewall, diagnostics, names, power, and storage.
- snapshot: Fix issue with setting configuration.
- backups: Fix backup archives ownership issue.
- backups: Fix issue with showing exports from disks without labels.
- backups: Don't rely on disk labels during export/restore.
- backups: Fix downloading extracted archive files.
- Updated translations for Norwegian Bokmål, French, Russian, and Spanish.
Version 0.40.0 (2018-10-08)
- Enable backup/restore for mumble, privoxy, roundcube, searx, jsxc, coquelicot, transmission, quassel, shadowsocks, sharing, pagekite, and cockpit.
- Allow backup archives to be downloaded/uploaded through browser.
- mediawiki: Backup/restore settings as well as data.
- User Interface
- Change card text style and position.
- Change maximum cards per row.
- Add tint effect on card icons under "Apps".
- mediawiki: Run update script for 1.31 upgrade.
- customization: Show custom shortcuts on frontpage.
- Updated translations for Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Spanish, Czech, German, French, and Italian.
Version 0.39.0 (2018-09-24)
- Updated translations for Hungarian and Norwegian Bokmål.
- Merge Removable Media (udiskie) into Storage module.
- Add Backups module for backing up apps data.
Version 0.38.0 (2018-09-10)
mediawiki: Enable SVG support for MediaWiki
- upgrades: Clean up old kernel packages during automatic upgrades
- Make the progress bar at the top of the page more visible.
- Updated translations for Norwegian Bokmål, Czech, Russian, German, Hungarian, and Spanish.
Version 0.37.0 (2018-08-27)
- Updated translations for Czech, Norwegian Bokmål, Russian, Spanish, Hungarian, and Dutch.
- install: Use Post/Response/Get pattern for reloads.
Version 0.36.0 (2018-08-13)
- Updated translations for Hindi, Spanish, Russian, Telugu, German, Hungarian, Czech, and French
- ejabberd: Remove deprecated settings from already existing config files
- mediawiki: Fix issue with re-installation
- mediawiki: Enable Instant Commons
- mediawiki: Fix images throwing 403s
- Add Lato woff2 fonts
- Disable launch button for web client when not installed
Version 0.35.0 (2018-07-30)
configuration: Add an option to set a default app for FreedomBox. The root URL path (https://domainname/) will redirect to the selected app.
ejabberd: Remove deprecated iqdisc setting. To apply this fix, disable and then re-enable the Message Archive Management setting.
- ejabberd: Replace logo with original version.
mediawiki: Enable short URLs, which look like https://domainname/mediawiki/ArticleName.
- radicale: Clarify description for shared calendar/addressbook.
- storage: Handle mount points with spaces.
- udiskie: Add button to eject drives.
- udiskie: Also show read-only filesystems.
- udiskie: Remove internal networks warning.
- udiskie: Show special message when no storage device available.
- Add turbolinks library for smoother navigation.
- Removed extra text from icons for mediawiki, radicale, and tahoe-lafs.
- Updated translations for Russian, Spanish, Dutch, Hungarian, Hindi, Italian, Telugu, German, and Norwegian Bokmål.
Version 0.34.0 (2018-07-16)
- Prompt for secret during firstboot welcome
(Does not apply to downloadable FreedomBox images, but only when installed using freedombox-setup package.)
- Updated translations for Italian, Dutch, Hindi, Hungarian
Version 0.33.1 (2018-07-04)
- Fix issue where editing a user would remove them from admin group
- Updated translations for Hungarian, Czech, Spanish, Russian, Hindi
Version 0.33.0 (2018-07-02)
- Updated translations for Hungarian, Norwegian Bokmål, Spanish, Russian, Czech, Hindi, Dutch, Italian
- firewall: Display information that a service is internal only
- users: Don't show Create User link to non-admin users
- users: Redirect to users list on successful user creation
- packages: Show button to refresh package lists when a package is not available for install
- Only show front page shortcuts that a user is allowed to access
- Restrict removal of last admin user
- Use logos instead of icons in the apps page
- udiskie: New module for automatic mounting of removable media
Version 0.32.0 (2018-06-18)
- Apply new card based design
- Fix client info table size and flickering
- first-setup: Automatically expand root partition
- mediawiki: Enable image uploads
- mediawiki: Make private mode and public registrations mutually exclusive
- mediawiki: Hide frontpage shortcut when private mode is enabled
- Updated translations for Norwegian Bokmål, Czech, Spanish, Russian, Hindi, Telugu, Italian, Dutch, German, and Hungarian
Version 0.31.0 (2018-06-04)
- Updated translations for Czech, Spanish, Russian, German, Italian, Hindi, Telugu, and Norwegian Bokmål
- mediawiki: Added private mode option
- users: Fix user permissions not being saved
- users: internationalize a string
- mediawiki: Run update script for 1.30 upgrade
- shortcuts: Fix urls for ikiwiki shortcuts
Version 0.30.0 (2018-05-21)
- Updated translations for Russian, Italian, Norwegian Bokmål, Hungarian, and Hindi
- setup: Remove unavailable as a state in setup_helper
Version 0.29.1 (2018-05-08)
- security: Fix issue with Plinth locked out from sudo
- Updated translations for Czech and Spanish
Version 0.29.0 (2018-05-07)
- security: Allow console login access to user plinth
- Add an option to enable/disable public registrations in mediawiki
- tt-rss: Skip the check for SELF_URL_PATH
- searx: Fix issue with uwsgi crashing
- Updated translations for Czech, Spanish, German, Norwegian Bokmål, and Italian
Version 0.28.0 (2018-04-23)
- setup: disable install button for currently unavailable apps
- Add locale for Lithuanian (lt)
- Translation updates for Italian, Czech, Russian, Spanish, German, Norwegian Bokmål, Telugu, and Dutch
Version 0.27.0 (2018-04-09)
- middleware: Skip 'installed' message for essential apps
- users: Fix admin group appearing twice in permissions
- apps: Fix app names and short descriptions not being translated
- snapshots: Move manual page link to the index page
- UI: Fix progress bar not appearing
- snapshots: Fix for permissions issue when updating configuration
- snapshots: Add option to enable/diable software installation snapshots
- Translation updates for Italian, Czech, Russian, Spanish, Dutch, German, Norwegian Bokmål, and Ukrainian
Version 0.26.0 (2018-03-26)
- snapshots: Update description
- searx: Rewrite url from /searx to /searx/
- manual: Link to manual from each service
- Workaround security issues in django-axes
- apache: Only regenerate snake oil cert when needed
- apache: Explicitly enable the latest version of PHP module
- apache: Increase module version number to fix php7.2
- Update translations for Chinese (Simplified), Russian, Czech, German, Norwegian Bokmål, Hungarian, Spanish, and Italian
Version 0.25.0 (2018-03-12)
- sharing: Add app for sharing disk folders.
- ttrss: Update list of client apps.
- infinoted: Allow setup to recover after timeout issue.
- snapshots: Add configuration tab with settings for time-based snapshots.
Plinth v0.24.0 (2018-02-26)
- Add file-sharing application Coquelicot.
- Add metasearch engine application Searx.
- Add locale for Hungarian (hu).
- mediawiki: Allow shortcut to be publicly visible on front page.
- clients: Add and correct Client Apps.
- locale: Preferred language can be set in each user's profile.
- locale: Anonymous users can select preferred language.
- config: Remove language selection from config page.
- matrixsynapse: Fix mail attribute for ldap login.
Plinth v0.23.0 (2018-02-12)
- snapshots: Modify configurations to reduce disk usage.
- snapshots: Skip currently active snapshot when deleting all snapshots.
- jsxc: Use consistent url format.
- sso: Increase timeout to 60 minutes.
- theme: Change font from Helvetica to Lato.
- Translation updates for Czech, German, Gujarati, and Telugu.
Plinth v0.22.0 (2018-01-30)
- matrix-synapse: Make sure configuration file does not get corrupted.
- tor: Show enabled status properly.
- first_setup: Fix not showing admin user creation step.
Migrate from GitHub to Salsa
Migrate from CirceCI to GitLab CI on Salsa.
- Translation updates for Czech, Dutch, Gujarati, Hindi, Russian and Telugu.
- Started new translation for Ukrainian.
Plinth v0.21.0 (2018-01-15)
- navigation bar: Change label from 'Configuration' to 'System'.
- storage: Removed beta warning for expanding partition.
- groups: Consistently show available user groups, even before applications are installed.
- syncthing: Restrict administration to users in "syncthing" group.
- help: Show menu on smaller screens also.
- diagnostics: Enable the "Run Diagnostics" button when applications are enabled but not running.
Plinth v0.20.0 (2018-01-01)
- bind: Don't use forwarders by default
- ejabberd: Remove redundant button Client Apps
- mediawiki: Add wiki application
- users: Make sure first run actually works
- bind: Add information about current utility
Plinth v0.19.0 (2017-12-18)
- ejabberd: Use dynamic reload instead of restart when changing configuration.
- manual: Make manual available as a PDF download.
- minetest: Show domain information for users to connect to minetest.
- snapshots: Add button to delete all snapshots.
- snapshots: Add option to enable/disable automatic timeline snapshots.
- users: Add groups for bit-torrent and feed-reader, available when these applications are installed.
Plinth v0.18.0 (2017-12-04)
- Add Shadowsocks client with socks5 proxy.
- Fix SSO regressions and conflict with captcha.
- transmission: Fix sso not being enabled on upgrade.
avahi: Add service for FreedomBox discovery.
- Add client information for modules.
Plinth v0.17.0 (2017-11-20)
- transmission: Enable Single Sign On.
- cockpit: Add short description to frontpage shortcut.
- fail2ban: Fix spelling and sentence structure.
Plinth v0.16.0 (2017-11-06)
- Add mobile, web and desktop client info for modules.
Enable django SecurityMiddleware to improve security ratings.
- cockpit: New module for server administration and web terminal.
- letsencrypt: Fix internal server error when obtaining a certificate.
- ejabberd: Fix LDAP server entry in config file during setup.
- jsxc: Fix outdated URLs for connecting to local ejabberd server.
Plinth v0.15.3 (2017-10-20)
- Rename Disks to Storage.
- Rename Snapshot to Storage Snapshots.
- tt-rss: Enable API access by default.
- Allow access to Plinth from outside the LAN.
- matrix-synapse: Disable public registration by default.
- power: Merge actions into the user dropdown.
- Add locales for Kannada (kn) and for Bengali (bn).
- ejabberd: Use Let's Encrypt certificate, also across renewals.
- matrix-synapse: Add enable/disable public registrations.
- Add captcha validation on 3 failed attempts.
- matrix-synapse: Enable LDAP integration.
- letsencrypt: Automatically obtain and revoke SSL certificates.
- Fix front page label names.
- Fix vertical alignment of shortcut icons.
- storage: Fix issue with locales that use other decimal separators.
- Make tt-rss api accessible using Apache basic auth.
- letsencrypt: Handle case where current domain is empty.
- Handle both admin and non-admin user names in update user template.
Plinth v0.15.2 (2017-09-24)
- letsencrypt: Show more info on cert validity status.
- letsencrypt: Add option to delete certificates.
- letsencrypt: Add option to let Plinth manage certbot's renewal hooks.
- power: Warn if a package manager is running before shutdown/restart.
- security: Install and manage fail2ban.
- names: Include domain and services from dynamicdns.
- disks: Add low disk space warning to system and disks page.
- ssh: New application to manage SSH server.
- Add api module to get enabled services and access info.
- Add Django password validators.
- ejabberd, ikiwiki, ttrss: Add user login descriptions.
- diaspora: Disable for this release due to issues affecting package.
- Remove help from navbar before firstboot complete.
- i18n: Don't use backslash-newline for wrapping long lines.
- radicale: Update link to documentation.
- sso: Upgrade crypto to 4096-bit RSA and SHA-512.
- Users: Allow non-admin users to log out.
- letsencrypt: Make Let's Encrypt an essential module.
- UI: Make apps and configure pages responsive on small screens.
- Make help accessible for logged-in non-admin users.
Plinth v0.15.0 (2017-07-01)
- Added Tahoe-LAFS module for distributed file storage.
- Added Diaspora* module for federated social networking.
- Currently only available in "contrib" repository.
- New Locales for Czech (cs) and Tamil (ta).
- Added SSO using auth_pubtkt for Syncthing, TT-RSS, and the Repro admin panel.
- If you are logged in to Plinth, you will be automatically logged in to these web apps.
- ejabberd: Added option to enable/disable Message Archive Management.
- help: Added Debian release name to about page.
- firstboot: De-bloat first welcome screen.
- Pinned footer to the bottom of the viewport.
- disks: Restrict precision of reported available space on root partition.
- diagnostics: Disable button if app/service is not running.
- help: Only show help pages if user is logged in.
- navbar: Moved logout to user drop-down and added a new power drop-down.
- disks: Show disabled partition resize option if no space is available.
- Added line break to titles to fix frontpage layout.
- syncthing: Fixed typos and clarity in description.
- firewall: Fix 500 error when firewalld is not running.
- setup: Disable install/upgrade when dpkg/apt is running.
- disks: Use information from lsblk for more accuracy.
- datetime: Show timezone properly when it not in expected list.
Plinth v0.14.0 (2017-04)
- tor: Added option to use upstream bridges.
- openvpn: Added shortcut to front page, shown only when logged-in.
- openvpn: Non-admin users can download their own profiles.
- Added new locales for Hindi (hi) and Gujarati (gu).
- Added Syncthing module for file synchronization.
- Added Matrix Synapse as chat server with groups, audio and video.
- Require admin access for all system configuration pages.
- Changed appearance of topbar and footer.
- openvpn: Regenerate user key or certificate if empty.
- disks: Workaround issue in parted during resize.
Plinth v0.13.1 (2017-01-22)
- Two new apps were added:
- Gobby Server (infinoted) for collaborative editing of text documents
- Domain Name Server (BIND), in system menu
- Added basic configuration form for Minetest server.
Added indicator to Help->About page if new Plinth version is available.
- Show app logos on front page instead of generic icons.
- Prevent anonymous users from accessing setup pages.
- Split Chat Server (XMPP) app into Chat Server (ejabberd) and Chat Client (jsxc).
Plinth v0.12.0 (2016-12-08)
- Open up RTP ports in the firewall for repro (SIP server).
- Front page shortcuts for services show a Configure button in the details box for logged-in users.
- Add mods packages to be installed with Minetest server.
- Fix issue with reading Dynamic DNS status as non-root user.
- After the hostname is changed, ensure the domain name is still set correctly.
- Allow the domain name to be cleared, and properly set the configuration in this case.
- On the Certificates (Let's Encrypt) page, show a more informative message when no domains are configured.
- On the Chat Server (XMPP) page, show more clearly if domain is not set.
- Apps that require login will not be shown on the front page, unless the user is logged in.
- Show status block for News Feed Reader (Tiny Tiny RSS).
- Change appearance of front page with larger icons and repositioned text.
- Firewall page only lists services that have been setup. The port lists are collapsible under each service.
- Support configuring IPv6 networks.
- Make it less likely to accidentally delete the only Plinth user.
- Updated to work with JSXC 3.0.0 (XMPP web client).
Plinth v0.11.0 (2016-09-29)
- Added loading icon for additional busy operations.
- Added basic front page with shortcuts to web apps, and information about enabled services.
- networks: Add batctl as dependency, required for batman-adv mesh networking.
- Fixed checking restricted usernames.
- Display error message if unable to set SSH keys.
- Flush nscd cache after user operations to avoid some types of errors.
- Adopted to using SHA256 fingerprints.
- Sort items for consistent display.
- Handle new uid format of gpg2.
- Fixed handling of unavailable imported domains.
- minetest: Fixed showing status block and diagnostics.
- Fixed stretched favicon.
- Switched base template from container-fluid to container. This will narrow the content area for larger displays.
- Plinth is now able to run as "plinth" user instead of root user.
- xmpp: Replaced jwchat with jsxc.
- ikiwiki: Allow only alphanumerics in wiki/blog name to avoid invalid paths.
Plinth v0.10.0 (2016-08-21)
- Updated Plinth to support Django 1.10.
- Added a page to display recent status log from Plinth. It is accessible from the 500 error page.
- Tor: Added options to toggle relay and bridge relay modes.
- Radicale: Added access rights control.
- Ikiwiki: Updated suggested packages.
- Users and Groups: Fixed editing users without SSH keys.
- Networks: Added basic support for configuring batman-adv mesh networking.
- Networks: Fixed incorrect access for retrieving DNS entries.
- New languages:
- Persian (50% translated)
- Indonesian (not started, contributions needed)
- New modules added to Plinth:
- Disks: Shows free space of mounted partitions, and allows expanding the root partition.
- Security: Controls login restrictions.
- Snapshots: Manages Btrfs snapshots.
Version 0.9.4 (2016-06-24)
- Added Polish translation.
- Fixed issue preventing access to Plinth on a non-standard port.
- Dealt with ownCloud removal from Debian. The ownCloud page in Plinth will be hidden if it has not been setup. Otherwise, a warning is shown.
- Fixed issue in Privoxy configuration. Two overlapping listen-addresses were configured, which prevented privoxy service from starting.
- Fixed issue that could allow someone to start a module setup process without being logged in to Plinth.
- Fixed issues with some diagnostic tests that would show false positive results.
- Added check to Diagnostics to skip tests for modules that have not been setup.
- Fixed some username checks that could cause errors when editing the user.
- Added sorting of menu items per locale.
- Moved Dynamic DNS and Pagekite from Applications to System Configuration.
- Allowed setting IP for shared network connections.
- Switched Dreamplug image from "non-free" to "free". This means that we no longer include the non-free firmware for the built-in wifi on Dreamplug.
- Added the "userdir" module for the Apache web server. This allows users in the "admin" group to create a folder called "public_html" under their home folder, and to publicly share files placed in this folder.
New wiki and manual content licence: Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International (from June 13rd 2016).
- Switched to using apt-get for module setup in Plinth. This fixes several issues that were seen during package installs.
Version 0.9 (2016-04-24)
- Fixed Wi-Fi AP setup.
- Prevent lockout of users in 'sudo' group after setup is complete.
Improved setup mechanism for Plinth modules. Allows users to see what a module is useful for, before doing the setup and package install. Also allows essential modules to be setup by default during FreedomBox install.
- Added HTTPS certificates to Monkeysphere page. Reorganized so that multiple domains can be added to a key.
- Added Radicale, a CalDAV and CardDAV server.
- Added Minetest Server, a multiplayer infinite-world block sandbox.
- Added Tiny Tiny RSS, a news feed reader.
Version 0.8 (2016-02-20)
- Added Quassel, an IRC client that stays connected to IRC networks and can synchronize multiple frontends.
- Improved first boot user interface.
- Fixed Transmission RPC whitelist issue.
- Added translations for Turkish, Chinese, and Russian. Fixed and updated translations in other languages.
- Added Monkeysphere, which uses PGP web of trust for SSH host key verification.
- Added Let's Encrypt, to obtain certificates for domains, so that browser certificate warnings can be avoided.
- Added repro, a SIP server for audio and video calls.
- Allow users to set their SSH public keys, so they can login over SSH without a password.
Version 0.7 (2015-12-13)
- Translations! Full translations of the interface in Danish, Dutch, French, German and Norwegian Bokmål, and partial Telugu.
- Support for OLinuXino A20 MICRO and LIME2
- New Plinth applications: OpenVPN, reStore
- Improved first-boot experience
- Many bugfixes and cleanups
Version 0.6 (2015-10-31)
- New supported hardware target: Raspberry Pi 2
- New modules in Plinth:
- Shaarli: Web application to manage and share bookmarks
Date & Time: Configure time zone and NTP service
- Service Discovery: Configure Avahi service
- Documentation revamp including new user manual and developer guide
- Improved diagnostic tests, available in Plinth
- Avoid unnecessary changes when installing on existing Debian system
- Network configuration supports PPPoE connections
- Debian packages can be download over Tor
Version 0.5 (2015-08-07)
New targets: CubieTruck, i386, amd64
- New apps in Plinth: Transmission, Dynamic DNS, Mumble, ikiwiki, Deluge, Roundcube, Privoxy
NetworkManager handles network configuration and can be manipulated through Plinth.
- Software Upgrades (unattended-upgrades) module can upgrade the system, and enable automatic upgrades.
- Plinth is now capable of installing ejabberd, jwchat, and privoxy, so they are not included in image but can be installed when needed.
- User authentication through LDAP for SSH, XMPP (ejabberd), and ikiwiki.
- Unit test suite is automatically run on Plinth upstream. This helps us catch at least some code errors before they are discovered by users!
- New, simpler look for Plinth.
- Performance improvements for Plinth.
Version 0.3 (2015-01-20)
- Tor Bridges: All boxes now act as non-exit Tor bridges, routing traffic for the Tor network.
Firewall: firewall is on by default and is automatically managed.
Add BeagleBone support. We now have images for BeagleBone, RaspberryPi, VirtualBox i386/amd64, and DreamPlug.
- Ability to enable and use Tor Hidden Services. Works with Ejabberd/JWChat and ownCloud services.
- Enable Tor obfsproxy with scramblesuit.
- Drop well-known root password (an account with sudo capabilities still exists for now but will be removed soon).
- Switch to unstable as suite of choice for easier development.
- Newer images are built with systemd by default (due to Debian change).
- Install and operate firewall automatically (uses firewalld).
- Major restructuring of Plinth UI using Python3, Django web development framework and Bootstrap3. Code quality is much better and UI is more polished.
- Introduced packaging framework in Plinth UI for on-demand application installation.
Version 0.2 (2014-03-16)
Support for Raspberry Pi and VirtualBox (x86) in addition to the ?DreamPlug.
- New Services:
- Configuration Management UI.
- Instant Messaging.
- Low-Level Configuration Management.
- Service Announcement.
- LDAP Server.
- LXC Support.
- Source Packages.
- The privoxy setup is now the default from Debian.
Version 0.1 (2013-02-26)
First FreedomBox software release (0.1 image, developer release).
- Full hardware support in Debian
Support for ?DreamPlug.
- Basic software tools selected as common working environment:
- User interface system "plinth"
- Cryptography tools: gpg or "monkeysphere"
Box-to-box communication design: Freedom-buddy (uses TOR network)
- Web cleaning: "privoxy-freedombox".
Next call: Saturday, December 11 at 14:00 UTC
This page is copyright its contributors and is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-SA 4.0) license.