"Hack" Call, November 14th, 2015. No agenda. Focus on translation.
1. What are progress calls?
Regular progress calls occur to keep everyone on track and to connect you with the persons inside FreedomBox. Calls cover all their topics in an hour, with time for additional discussion afterward. Please check as well contribution and TODOs related pages.
2. How To Access
Mumble server: fbx.freedomboxfoundation.org Port: 64738
- We use Mumble for voice communications to allow residents outside of the United States to participate without running up a phone bill.
- You do not need to create a username before hand (just make one up).
- No passwords are required.
- There is a client package in debian (mumble) and a GPL client for Andriod phones (plumble).
- I would recommend you use headphones (or half-duplex mode) to avoid any echo.
Since it's difficult for multiple people to edit a wiki at one time, notes will be taken at pad.riseup.net, link to be posted in chat before meeting.
Upcoming and Previous Calls
1. Upcoming Calls and Agendas
- Saturday, November 14th, 2015, 2 PM UTC (Hack call)
- Sunday, November 22nd, 2015, 6 PM UTC
- Sunday, December 27th, 2015, 6 PM UTC
- Sunday, January 24th, 2016, 6 PM UTC
1.1. "Hack" Call, November 14th, 2015
This will be our first hack call. No agenda required. But many people will be talking about translation work.
1.2. November 22nd, 2015
- Open issues: Dreamplug boot, Plinth i18n
- (add more items here)
2. Archives and Notes
2.1.1. November 30th, 2014
- 0.3 Release blockers: do any remain? How do they get fixed? Who needs what help, and how do we get them that help? (nickdaly)
- Building in Jessie: Impossible? Being fixed? (pere)
Client -> Server and Server -> Client Authentication in Monkeysphere, in Apache (http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/freedombox-discuss/2014-March/006260.html). (dkg?)
- Wireless Access Points: What are next TODOs? (nickdaly, jvalleroy)
- Reorganizing documentation and deciding on a good entry point for the project (the wiki?).
- Updating freedombox foundation website (sullivan?).
- Reorganization of confirmed TODOs list into an issue tracker and other TODOs into wiki. (sunilmohan)
- Progress and future of Plinth. Especially, Dashboard work done by Michael Pimmer (fonfon) and package manager UI etc. (sunilmohan, fonfon)
- Next meeting: preferred time, date, and communication method?
- Audio Only: Mumble
- Video Optional: appear.in, meet.jit.si
- Do any of the video tools have ways to disable the video, for low-bandwidth situations?
2.1.2. December 28th, 2014
- Progress on moving TODOs to issue tracker.
- Review 0.3 blockers
- Identify 1.0 blockers.
- Create a general "Contribute" wiki page telling people how to pull projects, put them together, and submit changes.
- Progress of Dashboard regarding augeas (use python3-configobj instead?)
2.2.1. January 25th, 2015
- 0.3 Released! Party!
- Confirm Sunil's key (no sigs?)
- Next TODOs for apps/services that we would like to see in 1.0:
- Calendar server (radicale)
- Mail / SMTorP / notmuch
- Bookmark server / Mozilla Sync
- PGP SSO
- freedombuddy / monkeysphere / SSO
- wiki / blog
- Re-visiting must-do items for 1.0 from last meeting and mailing list
what to do with the bts-to-github bug sync script?
- (any others?)
- Documentation status updates and plan for updating FB manual
- New contributor plan
- More frequent releases
- Faster responses
- Better documentation
- A friendly face
2.2.2. February 22nd, 2015
- Discuss integrating Plinth with automated testing (using Travis CI) - bob girard, fonfon
2.2.3. March 29th, 2015
- Progress towards next release. Any blockers?
- Need to review/merge Plinth pull requests.
- Need updated packages for freedombox-setup and plinth.
- First-time setup for Plinth modules.
- Markus/Michael: Built Debian packages node-restore and known:
FreedomBox at GetD summit next week:
- Progress and next steps for SSO, freedombuddy, etc.
Sunil: Mumble in FreedomBox
- Sunil: Update on support for Radxa Rock
- Nick: Update on plinth/hello
Nick: Updated ?Freedombox/ConfiguringModGnuTLS.
- Bobg: How noisy should Travis-CI notifications be?
2.2.4. April 26th, 2015
- Blockers for 0.4 release
- Recent progress
- 0.4 release planning
2.2.5. May 24th, 2015
- 0.4 release status
- Recent progress
2.2.6. June 28th, 2015
- Raspberry Pi image build hangs during rpi-update.
- uaputl to be removed from testing (bug #778152)
- Network interface sorting script (bug #789441)
Debian CI for freedombox-setup (https://ci.debian.net/packages/f/freedombox-setup/unstable/amd64/)
- Review Needed
- Patch to allow root user to modify LDAP user directory (bug #787128)
- Patch to use nmcli for interface setup (bug #786689)
Manual for next release (https://wiki.debian.org/FreedomBox/Manual/Stretch)
- Plinth module to mount/unmount disks
2.2.7. July 26th, 2015
- LDAP demo progress and TODOs
- Skip 0.4 release and make a 0.5 release
- (Add here)
2.2.8. August 23rd, 2015
- Points from meeting with Eben and Mishi (sunil)
- Plans for the demo (sunil)
- Bugs and items for polish (sunil)
- Proposal for new first boot experience (sunil)
- (add more here)
2.2.9. September 27th, 2015
FBX 0.5 issue? Pagekite on Beaglebone Black thinks server is down every so often. PK bug #41? (https://github.com/pagekite/PyPagekite/issues/41)
Halloween Hackathon in NYC
- who is attending?
- Configuration and automatic upgrades (Sunil)
- Status update and progress for Demo target (Sunil).
2.2.10. Sunday, October 25th, 2015, 6 PM UTC
- Using mumbles server running on a freedombox! (marc)
* Every please remember to update your mumbles client configuration to point to the mumbles server that the FreedomBox Foundation is hosting. The server address is fbx.freedomboxfoundation.org:64738
- Do we need to adjust the time of the call for the end of Daylight Saving Time? (marc)
- 0.6 release status
- Translating Plinth
Next call: Sunday, August 28 at 17:00 UTC
This page is copyright its contributors and is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-SA 4.0) license.