Regular progress calls occur to keep everyone on track.
Monthly Progress Call
- Sunday, January 25th, 7 PM GMT
- Sunday, December 28th, 7 PM GMT
- Sunday, November 30th, 7 PM GMT
Calls cover all their topics in an hour, with time for additional discussion afterward.
November 30, 6 PM GMT
- 0.3 Release blockers: do any remain? How do they get fixed? Who needs what help, and how do we get them that help? (nickdaly)
- Building in Jessie: Impossible? Being fixed? (pere)
Client -> Server and Server -> Client Authentication in Monkeysphere, in Apache (http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/freedombox-discuss/2014-March/006260.html). (dkg?)
- Wireless Access Points: What are next TODOs? (nickdaly, jvalleroy)
- Reorganizing documentation and deciding on a good entry point for the project (the wiki?).
- Updating freedombox foundation website (sullivan?).
- Reorganization of confirmed TODOs list into an issue tracker and other TODOs into wiki. (sunilmohan)
- Progress and future of Plinth. Especially, Dashboard work done by Michael Pimmer (fonfon) and package manager UI etc. (sunilmohan, fonfon)
- Next meeting: preferred time, date, and communication method?
- Audio Only: Mumble
- Video Optional: appear.in, meet.jit.si
- Do any of the video tools have ways to disable the video, for low-bandwidth situations?
December 28th, 2014
- Progress on moving TODOs to issue tracker.
- Review 0.3 blockers
- Identify 1.0 blockers.
- Create a general "Contribute" wiki page telling people how to pull projects, put them together, and submit changes.
- Progress of Dashboard regarding augeas (use python3-configobj instead?)
- Everybody: Discuss what our concerns are about distributing boxes on mailing list.
- Everybody: create a general contribute-to-the-project-as-a-whole page.
- Everybody: think about places we can meet up and give talks: fosdem, libreplanet, etc.
- Sunil/Markus: update wiki to describe that the box is a consumer device.
- (): Disable BTRFS for Raspberry Pi.
- Sunil: publish images regularly.
- Fonfon: dashboard progress, try using configobj instead of augeas (unless there's a release in the meantime)
Marc: apache/gpg client <--> server login
- Nick: work on ldap-pgp-fbuddy integration
- Nick: remove non-free from non-DP in FM by default.
Mumble server: freedombox.mumble.com Port: 9989
- We are going to be trying out Mumble for voice communications to allow residents outside of the United States to participate without running up a phone bill.
- You do not need to create a username before hand (just make one up).
- No passwords are required.
- There is a client package in debian (mumble) and a GPL client for Andriod phones (plumble).
- I would recommend you use headphones (or half-duplex mode) to avoid any echo. -mjones
Since it's difficult for multiple people to edit a wiki at one time, notes will be taken at pad.riseup.net, link to be posted in chat before meeting.