Moved August down.
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 11:||Line 11:|
|* Sunday, September 27th, 2015, 6 PM UTC|
|Line 160:||Line 161:|
|This month's notes will be recorded at https://pad.riseup.net/p/irQXWArCyFgHT||[[/2015.0823|Notes are available]].|
Regular progress calls occur to keep everyone on track.
Monthly Progress Calls
Calls cover all their topics in an hour, with time for additional discussion afterward.
- Sunday, September 27th, 2015, 6 PM UTC
- Sunday, October 25th, 2015, 6 PM UTC
- Sunday, November 22nd, 2015, 6 PM UTC
- Sunday, December 20th, 2015, 6 PM UTC
1. Upcoming Calls
1.1. September 27th, 2015
- (post here)
2. Previous Calls
2.1. November 30th, 2014
- 0.3 Release blockers: do any remain? How do they get fixed? Who needs what help, and how do we get them that help? (nickdaly)
- Building in Jessie: Impossible? Being fixed? (pere)
Client -> Server and Server -> Client Authentication in Monkeysphere, in Apache (http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/freedombox-discuss/2014-March/006260.html). (dkg?)
- Wireless Access Points: What are next TODOs? (nickdaly, jvalleroy)
- Reorganizing documentation and deciding on a good entry point for the project (the wiki?).
- Updating freedombox foundation website (sullivan?).
- Reorganization of confirmed TODOs list into an issue tracker and other TODOs into wiki. (sunilmohan)
- Progress and future of Plinth. Especially, Dashboard work done by Michael Pimmer (fonfon) and package manager UI etc. (sunilmohan, fonfon)
- Next meeting: preferred time, date, and communication method?
- Audio Only: Mumble
- Video Optional: appear.in, meet.jit.si
- Do any of the video tools have ways to disable the video, for low-bandwidth situations?
2.2. December 28th, 2014
- Progress on moving TODOs to issue tracker.
- Review 0.3 blockers
- Identify 1.0 blockers.
- Create a general "Contribute" wiki page telling people how to pull projects, put them together, and submit changes.
- Progress of Dashboard regarding augeas (use python3-configobj instead?)
2.3. January 25th, 2015
- 0.3 Released! Party!
- Confirm Sunil's key (no sigs?)
- Next TODOs for apps/services that we would like to see in 1.0:
- Calendar server (radicale)
- Mail / SMTorP / notmuch
- Bookmark server / Mozilla Sync
- PGP SSO
- freedombuddy / monkeysphere / SSO
- wiki / blog
- Re-visiting must-do items for 1.0 from last meeting and mailing list
what to do with the bts-to-github bug sync script?
- (any others?)
- Documentation status updates and plan for updating FB manual
- New contributor plan
- More frequent releases
- Faster responses
- Better documentation
- A friendly face
2.4. February 22nd, 2015
- Discuss integrating Plinth with automated testing (using Travis CI) - bob girard, fonfon
2.5. March 29th, 2015
- Progress towards next release. Any blockers?
- Need to review/merge Plinth pull requests.
- Need updated packages for freedombox-setup and plinth.
- First-time setup for Plinth modules.
- Markus/Michael: Built Debian packages node-restore and known:
FreedomBox at GetD summit next week:
- Progress and next steps for SSO, freedombuddy, etc.
Sunil: Mumble in FreedomBox
- Sunil: Update on support for Radxa Rock
- Nick: Update on plinth/hello
Nick: Updated ?Freedombox/ConfiguringModGnuTLS.
- Bobg: How noisy should Travis-CI notifications be?
2.6. April 26th, 2015
- Blockers for 0.4 release
- Recent progress
- 0.4 release planning
2.7. May 24th, 2015
- 0.4 release status
- Recent progress
2.8. June 28th, 2015
- Raspberry Pi image build hangs during rpi-update.
- uaputl to be removed from testing (bug #778152)
- Network interface sorting script (bug #789441)
Debian CI for freedombox-setup (https://ci.debian.net/packages/f/freedombox-setup/unstable/amd64/)
- Review Needed
- Patch to allow root user to modify LDAP user directory (bug #787128)
- Patch to use nmcli for interface setup (bug #786689)
Manual for next release (https://wiki.debian.org/FreedomBox/Manual/Stretch)
- Plinth module to mount/unmount disks
2.9. July 26th, 2015
- LDAP demo progress and TODOs
- Skip 0.4 release and make a 0.5 release
- (Add here)
2.10. August 23rd, 2015
- Points from meeting with Eben and Mishi (sunil)
- Plans for the demo (sunil)
- Bugs and items for polish (sunil)
- Proposal for new first boot experience (sunil)
- (add more here)
Mumble server: freedombox.mumble.com Port: 9989
- We are going to be trying out Mumble for voice communications to allow residents outside of the United States to participate without running up a phone bill.
- You do not need to create a username before hand (just make one up).
- No passwords are required.
- There is a client package in debian (mumble) and a GPL client for Andriod phones (plumble).
- I would recommend you use headphones (or half-duplex mode) to avoid any echo. -mjones
Since it's difficult for multiple people to edit a wiki at one time, notes will be taken at pad.riseup.net, link to be posted in chat before meeting.
Next call: Sunday, August 28 at 17:00 UTC
This page is copyright its contributors and is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-SA 4.0) license.