Differences between revisions 122 and 359 (spanning 237 versions)
Revision 122 as of 2016-02-28 19:38:35
Size: 10534
Comment: update for next meeting
Revision 359 as of 2022-07-24 18:27:47
Size: 2943
Comment: update
Deletions are marked like this. Additions are marked like this.
Line 1: Line 1:
<<TableOfContents(3)>> #language en
Regular progress calls occur to keep everyone on track and to connect you with the persons inside !FreedomBox. Calls cover all their topics in an hour, with time for additional discussion afterward. Please check as well [[FreedomBox/Contribute|contribution]] and [[FreedomBox/TODO|TODOs]] related pages.

<<TableOfContents()>>
Line 4: Line 7:
= Introduction = = Next Calls =
Line 6: Line 9:
== What are progress calls? == ----
Line 8: Line 11:
Regular progress calls occur to keep everyone on track and to connect you with the persons inside !FreedomBox. Calls cover all their topics in an hour, with time for additional discussion afterward. Please check as well [[FreedomBox/Contribute|contribution]] and [[FreedomBox/TODO|TODOs]] related pages. ## BEGIN_INCLUDE
[[FreedomBox/ProgressCalls|Next call]]: Saturday, August 13 at 14:00 UTC
## END_INCLUDE
Line 10: Line 15:
== How To Access ==  * There are 2 monthly calls, a progress call and a hack call.
   * Progress call is on 4th Sunday of each month at 17:00 UTC.
     * Focus on the progress made over the last month, and discussion of any open topics and decisions.
   * Hack call is on 2nd Saturday of each month at 14:00 UTC.
     * Focus is on discussing and triaging issues, and any collaboration or help needed to make progress.

 * Next progress call: Sunday, August 28 at 17:00 UTC

 * Next hack call: Saturday, August 13 at 14:00 UTC

 * Contributed topics for next call:

<<MonthCalendar>>

Hack Call and Progress Call are available as calendar events in the form of a .ics file that you can import into your calendar program.

[[attachment:FreedomBox.ics | Download FreedomBox.ics| &do=get]]

= How To Access Calls =

----
Line 13: Line 38:
Please connect to server: ''fbx.freedomboxfoundation.org'' Port: 64738 Please connect to server: ''mumble.freedombox.org'' Port: 64738
Line 18: Line 43:
 * There is a client package in debian (mumble) and a GPL client for Android phones (plumble).  * There is a client package in debian (mumble) and a GPL clients for Android phones (Mumla and Plumble).
Line 23: Line 48:
= Upcoming and Previous Calls = = Call Notes =
Line 25: Line 50:
== Upcoming Calls and Agendas == The call notes can be accessed through the calendar above, by clicking on the highlighted dates.
Line 27: Line 52:
## BEGIN_INCLUDE
Next call: Saturday, March 12th, 2016, 14:00 UTC
## END_INCLUDE
----
Line 31: Line 54:
Upcoming Calls:  * [[/2022-07-24|Progress call 2022-07-24]]
 * [[/2022-07-09|Hack call 2022-07-09]]
 * [[/2022-06-26|Progress call 2022-06-26]]
 * [[/2022-06-11|Hack call 2022-06-11]]
 * [[/2022-05-22|Progress call 2022-05-22]]
 * [[/2022-05-14|Hack call 2022-05-14]]
 * [[/2022-04-24|Progress call 2022-04-24]]
 * [[/2022-04-09|Hack call 2022-04-09]]
 * [[/2022-03-27|Progress call 2022-03-27]]
 * [[/2022-03-12|Hack call 2022-03-12]]
 * [[/2022-02-27|Progress call 2022-02-27]]
 * [[/2022-02-12|Hack call 2022-02-12]]
 * [[/2022-01-23|Progress call 2022-01-23]]
 * [[/2022-01-08|Hack call 2022-01-08]]
Line 33: Line 69:
 * Social Hacks: Saturday, March 12th, 2016, 14:00 UTC
 * Progress: Sunday, March 27th, 2016, 18:00 UTC
 * Social Hacks: Saturday, April 9th, 2016, 14:00 UTC
 * Progress: Sunday, April 24th, 2016, 18:00 UTC
= Archives =
Line 38: Line 71:
=== Saturday, March 12th (Hack call) ===
Agenda:
 * (item): (who added it)
----
Line 42: Line 73:
=== Sunday, March 27th (Progress call) ===
Agenda:
 * (item): (who added it)

== Archives and Notes ==

=== 2014 ===

==== November 30th, 2014 ====

'''''[[/2014.1130|Notes are available]].'''''

Agenda:

 1. 0.3 Release blockers: do any remain? How do they get fixed? Who needs what help, and how do we get them that help? (nickdaly)
 1. Building in Jessie: Impossible? Being fixed? (pere)
 1. Client -> Server and Server -> Client Authentication in Monkeysphere, in Apache (http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/freedombox-discuss/2014-March/006260.html). (dkg?)
 1. Wireless Access Points: What are next TODOs? (nickdaly, jvalleroy)
 1. Reorganizing documentation and deciding on a good entry point for the project (the wiki?).
 1. Updating freedombox foundation website (sullivan?).
 1. Reorganization of confirmed TODOs list into an issue tracker and other TODOs into wiki. (sunilmohan)
 1. Progress and future of Plinth. Especially, Dashboard work done by Michael Pimmer (fonfon) and package manager UI etc. (sunilmohan, fonfon)
 1. Next meeting: preferred time, date, and communication method?
    * Audio Only: Mumble
    * Video Optional: appear.in, meet.jit.si
    * Do any of the video tools have ways to disable the video, for low-bandwidth situations?

==== December 28th, 2014 ====

'''''[[/2014.1228|Notes are available.]]'''''

Agenda:

 * Progress on moving TODOs to issue tracker.
 * Review 0.3 blockers
 * Identify 1.0 blockers.
 * Create a general "Contribute" wiki page telling people how to pull projects, put them together, and submit changes.
 * Progress of Dashboard regarding augeas (use python3-configobj instead?)

=== 2015 ===

==== January 25th, 2015 ====

'''''[[/2015.0125|Notes are available.]]'''''

Agenda:

 * 0.3 Released! Party!
 * Confirm Sunil's key (no sigs?)
 * Next TODOs for apps/services that we would like to see in 1.0:
   * Calendar server (radicale)
   * Mail / SMTorP / notmuch
   * Bookmark server / Mozilla Sync
   * PGP SSO
   * freedombuddy / monkeysphere / SSO
   * wiki / blog
   * Re-visiting must-do items for 1.0 from last meeting and mailing list
   * what to do with the [[https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/freedombox/debian-bts-to-github-sync.git/|bts-to-github]] bug sync script?
   * (any others?)
 * Documentation status updates and plan for updating FB manual
 * New contributor plan
   * More frequent releases
   * Faster responses
   * Better documentation
   * A friendly face

==== February 22nd, 2015 ====

Agenda:

 * Discuss integrating Plinth with automated testing (using Travis CI) - bob girard, fonfon

==== March 29th, 2015 ====

'''''[[/2015.0329|Notes are available.]]'''''

Agenda:

 * Progress towards next release. Any blockers?
   * Need to review/merge Plinth pull requests.
   * Need updated packages for freedombox-setup and plinth.
 * First-time setup for Plinth modules.
   * https://github.com/freedombox/Plinth/issues/103
 * Markus/Michael: Built Debian packages node-restore and known:
   * http://freedombox.elevate.at/development/
 * Markus/Michael: Built Plinth fork and CubieTruck image that allows PageKite signup with subdomain myname.freedombox.me
   * http://freedombox.elevate.at/development/
 * FreedomBox at GetD summit next week:
   * http://get-d.net/get-decentralized-san-francisco-bay-area-spring-2015/
 * Progress and next steps for SSO, freedombuddy, etc.
 * Sunil: Mumble in FreedomBox
 * Sunil: Update on support for Radxa Rock
 * Nick: Update on plinth/hello
 * Nick: Updated [[Freedombox/ConfiguringModGnuTLS]].
 * Bobg: How noisy should Travis-CI notifications be?

==== April 26th, 2015 ====

'''''[[/2015.0426|Notes are available.]]'''''

Agenda:

 * Blockers for 0.4 release
 * Recent progress
 * 0.4 release planning

==== May 24th, 2015 ====

'''''[[/2015.0524|Notes are available.]]'''''

Agenda:

 * 0.4 release status
 * Recent progress

==== June 28th, 2015 ====

'''''[[/2015.0628|Notes are available.]]'''''

Agenda:

 1. Issues
   1. Raspberry Pi image build hangs during rpi-update.
   1. uaputl to be removed from testing (bug #778152)
   1. Network interface sorting script (bug #789441)
   1. Debian CI for freedombox-setup (https://ci.debian.net/packages/f/freedombox-setup/unstable/amd64/)
 1. Review Needed
   1. Patch to allow root user to modify LDAP user directory (bug #787128)
   1. Patch to use nmcli for interface setup (bug #786689)
   1. Manual for next release (https://wiki.debian.org/FreedomBox/Manual/Stretch)
 1. TODOs
   1. Plinth module to mount/unmount disks

==== July 26th, 2015 ====

'''''[[/2015.0727|Notes are available.]]'''''

Agenda:

 * LDAP demo progress and TODOs
 * Skip 0.4 release and make a 0.5 release
 * (Add here)

==== August 23rd, 2015 ====

'''''[[/2015.0823|Notes are available]].'''''

Agenda

 * Points from meeting with Eben and Mishi (sunil)
 * Plans for the demo (sunil)
 * Bugs and items for polish (sunil)
 * Proposal for new first boot experience (sunil)
 * (add more here)

==== September 27th, 2015 ====

'''''[[/2015.0927|Notes are available]].'''''

Agenda:

 * FBX 0.5 issue? Pagekite on Beaglebone Black thinks server is down every so often. PK bug #41? (https://github.com/pagekite/PyPagekite/issues/41)
 * Halloween [[FreedomBox/Hackathon|Hackathon]] in NYC
    * ideas
    * who is attending?
 * Configuration and automatic upgrades (Sunil)
 * Status update and progress for Demo target (Sunil).

==== Sunday, October 25th, 2015, 18:00 UTC ====

'''''[[/2015.1025|Notes are available]].'''''

Agenda:
 * Using mumbles server running on a freedombox! (marc)
 ** Every please remember to update your mumbles client configuration to point to the mumbles server that the FreedomBox Foundation is hosting. The server address is fbx.freedomboxfoundation.org:64738
 * Do we need to adjust the time of the call for the end of Daylight Saving Time? (marc)
 * 0.6 release status
 * Demo
 * Hackathon
 * Translating Plinth

==== "Hack" Call, November 14th, 2015 ====
First hack call. Agenda:
 * Translation short and mid term strategy.
 * Github groups.

'''''[[/2015.1114|Notes are available]]'''''

==== November 22nd, 2015 ====

Agenda:

 * Demo video uploaded, any discussion/feedback?
 * Roadmap
 * Translations
 * Progress towards 0.7 release
 * Open issues: Dreamplug boot, Plinth i18n, mod-gnutls issue
 * User Experience
 * Next Calls
 * (add more items here)

'''''[[/2015.1122|Notes are available]]'''''

==== December 12th, 2015 ====

Agenda:

 * localization, move to weblate, how to get translators involved: PhilippeBaret
   Translation contributions come from community members. Efforts for a translators growing community should be seen as an effort for a growing community in general.It means rewarding active community members, increasing visibility on the Internet, creating quality content/tools for newcomers and members.<<BR>>
   Related [[https://pad.riseup.net/p/6UX72gFFSPZf|Pad plan]] (Sunil/Philippe)
 * business, what about it? PhilippeBaret
   Is monetizing the wiki site to fund contribution doable?<<BR>>
   How far !FreedomBox is from being ready?<<BR>>
   Is a community effort to put !FreedomBox into business doable?<<BR>>
   Partnering up with institutions/businesses: is it doable?
 * PGP based SSL certs (James)
 * Weblate hosting donation (!FreedomBox have already visibility on Weblate.org website/home) + Partner page for weblate visibility PhilippeBaret
 * List Administrator Password, FreedomBox branded email? PhilippeBaret

'''''[[/2015.1212|Notes are available]]'''''

==== December 20th, 2015 ====

Agenda:

 * 0.7 Release Status
 * 0.8 Release Planning
 * V 0.7.2 PhilippeBaret
 * Manual/apps PhilippeBaret
 * PGP as SSL Client certs/Monkeysphere plinth module (Marc)
 * Foundation will host dedicated Project page @ www.freedombox.org (Marc)
 * Foundation is going to give core contributors vanity email forwarders @freedombox.org (Marc)

 (item): (who added it)

'''''[[/2015.2012|Notes are available]]'''''

=== 2016 ===

==== January 9, 2016 (Hack call) ====
No agenda

'''''[[/2016.0901|Notes are available]]'''''

==== January 24th, 2016 ====
Agenda:
 * 0.8 planning
 * 0.7.2 status
 * 0.9 planning
 * Freedombox.org landing page (philippe)

'''''[[/2016.0124|Notes are available]]'''''

==== February 13th, 2016 (Hack call) ====
Agenda:
 * [[https://github.com/HIEofOne/PersonalAS/wiki|HIE of One]] : (adriangropper)

==== February 28th, 2016 (Progress call) ====
Agenda:
 * 0.8 release status (jvalleroy)
 * 0.9 release planning (jvalleroy)
 * Updating the medium-term roadmap (jvalleroy)

'''''[[/2016.0228|Notes are available]]'''''


[[FreedomBox/ProgressCalls/CallsArchives|Calls Notes Archives 2014-2021]]

Regular progress calls occur to keep everyone on track and to connect you with the persons inside FreedomBox. Calls cover all their topics in an hour, with time for additional discussion afterward. Please check as well contribution and TODOs related pages.

Next Calls


Next call: Saturday, August 13 at 14:00 UTC

  • There are 2 monthly calls, a progress call and a hack call.
    • Progress call is on 4th Sunday of each month at 17:00 UTC.
      • Focus on the progress made over the last month, and discussion of any open topics and decisions.
    • Hack call is on 2nd Saturday of each month at 14:00 UTC.
      • Focus is on discussing and triaging issues, and any collaboration or help needed to make progress.
  • Next progress call: Sunday, August 28 at 17:00 UTC
  • Next hack call: Saturday, August 13 at 14:00 UTC
  • Contributed topics for next call:

<< <  2022 / 10 >  >>
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
31            

Hack Call and Progress Call are available as calendar events in the form of a .ics file that you can import into your calendar program.

Download FreedomBox.ics

How To Access Calls


We are using Mumble/Plumble, voice over IP (VoIP) applications. Please connect to server: mumble.freedombox.org Port: 64738

  • We use Mumble for voice communications to allow residents outside of the United States to participate without running up a phone bill.
  • You do not need to create a username before hand (just make one up).
  • No passwords are required.
  • There is a client package in debian (mumble) and a GPL clients for Android phones (Mumla and Plumble).
  • I would recommend you use headphones (or half-duplex mode) to avoid any echo.

Since it's difficult for multiple people to edit a wiki at one time, notes will be taken at pad.riseup.net, link to be posted in chat before meeting.

Call Notes

The call notes can be accessed through the calendar above, by clicking on the highlighted dates.


Archives


Calls Notes Archives 2014-2021


Intro

Information

Support

Contribute

Reports

Promote

Vision

Hardware

Live Help

Where To Start

Translate

Calls

Talks

Overview

Download

Q&A

To Do

Design

Releases

Press

Features

Manual

Contributors

Code

Blog

FreedomBox for Communities

FreedomBox Developer Manual

HELP & DISCUSSIONS: Discussion Forum - Mailing List - #freedombox irc.debian.org | CONTACT Foundation | JOIN Project

Next call: Saturday, October 08 at 14:00 UTC

This page is copyright its contributors and is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-SA 4.0) license.


CategoryFreedomBox