Differences between revisions 1 and 61 (spanning 60 versions)
Revision 1 as of 2014-11-20 22:17:30
Size: 541
Editor: MarcJones
Comment:
Revision 61 as of 2015-10-25 17:44:22
Size: 6985
Editor: ?NickDaly
Comment: Added pad
Deletions are marked like this. Additions are marked like this.
Line 1: Line 1:
Monthly Progress Call

Sunday, November 30th at 6 PM GMT


We are going to be trying out Mumbles for voice communications to allow residents outside of the United States to participate without running up a phone bill.

Mumbles server: freedombox.mumbles.com
Port: 9989

You do not need to create a username before hand (just make one up)
No passwords are required.

There is a client package in debian (mumble) and a GPL client for Andriod phones (plumble).

I would recommend you use headphones to avoid any echo.
-mjones
Regular progress calls occur to keep everyone on track.

<<TableOfContents()>>

= Monthly Progress Calls =

Calls cover all their topics in an hour, with time for additional discussion afterward.

Upcoming Calls:

 * Sunday, October 25th, 2015, 6 PM UTC
 * Sunday, November 22nd, 2015, 6 PM UTC
 * Sunday, December 20th, 2015, 6 PM UTC

== Access ==

Mumble server: fbx.freedomboxfoundation.org Port: 64738

 * We are going to be trying out Mumble for voice communications to allow residents outside of the United States to participate without running up a phone bill.
 * You do not need to create a username before hand (just make one up).
 * No passwords are required.
 * There is a client package in debian (mumble) and a GPL client for Andriod phones (plumble).
 * I would recommend you use headphones (or half-duplex mode) to avoid any echo.

Since it's difficult for multiple people to edit a wiki at one time, notes will be taken at [[https://pad.riseup.net/|pad.riseup.net]], link to be posted in chat before meeting.

== Upcoming Calls ==

=== Sunday, October 25th, 2015, 6 PM UTC ===

Pad: https://pad.riseup.net/p/OoB7B5ohOkbO

Agenda:
 * Using mumbles server running on a freedombox! (marc)
 ** Every please remember to update your mumbles client configuration to point to the mumbles server that the FreedomBox Foundation is hosting. The server address is fbx.freedomboxfoundation.org:64738
 * Do we need to adjust the time of the call for the end of Daylight Saving Time? (marc)
 * 0.6 release status
 * Demo
 * Hackathon
 * Translating Plinth


== Previous Calls ==

=== November 30th, 2014 ===

[[/2014.1130|Notes are available]].

Agenda:

 1. 0.3 Release blockers: do any remain? How do they get fixed? Who needs what help, and how do we get them that help? (nickdaly)
 1. Building in Jessie: Impossible? Being fixed? (pere)
 1. Client -> Server and Server -> Client Authentication in Monkeysphere, in Apache (http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/freedombox-discuss/2014-March/006260.html). (dkg?)
 1. Wireless Access Points: What are next TODOs? (nickdaly, jvalleroy)
 1. Reorganizing documentation and deciding on a good entry point for the project (the wiki?).
 1. Updating freedombox foundation website (sullivan?).
 1. Reorganization of confirmed TODOs list into an issue tracker and other TODOs into wiki. (sunilmohan)
 1. Progress and future of Plinth. Especially, Dashboard work done by Michael Pimmer (fonfon) and package manager UI etc. (sunilmohan, fonfon)
 1. Next meeting: preferred time, date, and communication method?
    * Audio Only: Mumble
    * Video Optional: appear.in, meet.jit.si
    * Do any of the video tools have ways to disable the video, for low-bandwidth situations?

=== December 28th, 2014 ===

[[/2014.1228|Notes are available.]]

Agenda:

 * Progress on moving TODOs to issue tracker.
 * Review 0.3 blockers
 * Identify 1.0 blockers.
 * Create a general "Contribute" wiki page telling people how to pull projects, put them together, and submit changes.
 * Progress of Dashboard regarding augeas (use python3-configobj instead?)

=== January 25th, 2015 ===

[[/2015.0125|Notes are available.]]

Agenda:

 * 0.3 Released! Party!
 * Confirm Sunil's key (no sigs?)
 * Next TODOs for apps/services that we would like to see in 1.0:
   * Calendar server (radicale)
   * Mail / SMTorP / notmuch
   * Bookmark server / Mozilla Sync
   * PGP SSO
   * freedombuddy / monkeysphere / SSO
   * wiki / blog
   * Re-visiting must-do items for 1.0 from last meeting and mailing list
   * what to do with the [[https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/freedombox/debian-bts-to-github-sync.git/|bts-to-github]] bug sync script?
   * (any others?)
 * Documentation status updates and plan for updating FB manual
 * New contributor plan
   * More frequent releases
   * Faster responses
   * Better documentation
   * A friendly face

=== February 22nd, 2015 ===

Agenda:

 * Discuss integrating Plinth with automated testing (using Travis CI) - bob girard, fonfon

=== March 29th, 2015 ===

[[/2015.0329|Notes are available.]]

Agenda:

 * Progress towards next release. Any blockers?
   * Need to review/merge Plinth pull requests.
   * Need updated packages for freedombox-setup and plinth.
 * First-time setup for Plinth modules.
   * https://github.com/freedombox/Plinth/issues/103
 * Markus/Michael: Built Debian packages node-restore and known:
   * http://freedombox.elevate.at/development/
 * Markus/Michael: Built Plinth fork and CubieTruck image that allows PageKite signup with subdomain myname.freedombox.me
   * http://freedombox.elevate.at/development/
 * FreedomBox at GetD summit next week:
   * http://get-d.net/get-decentralized-san-francisco-bay-area-spring-2015/
 * Progress and next steps for SSO, freedombuddy, etc.
 * Sunil: Mumble in FreedomBox
 * Sunil: Update on support for Radxa Rock
 * Nick: Update on plinth/hello
 * Nick: Updated [[Freedombox/ConfiguringModGnuTLS]].
 * Bobg: How noisy should Travis-CI notifications be?

=== April 26th, 2015 ===

[[/2015.0426|Notes are available.]]

Agenda:

 * Blockers for 0.4 release
 * Recent progress
 * 0.4 release planning

=== May 24th, 2015 ===

[[/2015.0524|Notes are available.]]

Agenda:

 * 0.4 release status
 * Recent progress

=== June 28th, 2015 ===

[[/2015.0628|Notes are available.]]

Agenda:

 1. Issues
   1. Raspberry Pi image build hangs during rpi-update.
   1. uaputl to be removed from testing (bug #778152)
   1. Network interface sorting script (bug #789441)
   1. Debian CI for freedombox-setup (https://ci.debian.net/packages/f/freedombox-setup/unstable/amd64/)
 1. Review Needed
   1. Patch to allow root user to modify LDAP user directory (bug #787128)
   1. Patch to use nmcli for interface setup (bug #786689)
   1. Manual for next release (https://wiki.debian.org/FreedomBox/Manual/Stretch)
 1. TODOs
   1. Plinth module to mount/unmount disks

=== July 26th, 2015 ===

[[/2015.0727|Notes are available.]]

Agenda:

 * LDAP demo progress and TODOs
 * Skip 0.4 release and make a 0.5 release
 * (Add here)

=== August 23rd, 2015 ===

[[/2015.0823|Notes are available]].

Agenda

 * Points from meeting with Eben and Mishi (sunil)
 * Plans for the demo (sunil)
 * Bugs and items for polish (sunil)
 * Proposal for new first boot experience (sunil)
 * (add more here)

=== September 27th, 2015 ===

[[/2015.0927|Notes are available]].

Agenda:

 * FBX 0.5 issue? Pagekite on Beaglebone Black thinks server is down every so often. PK bug #41? (https://github.com/pagekite/PyPagekite/issues/41)
 * Halloween [[FreedomBox/Hackathon|Hackathon]] in NYC
    * ideas
    * who is attending?
 * Configuration and automatic upgrades (Sunil)
 * Status update and progress for Demo target (Sunil).

<<Include(FreedomBox/Portal)>>

----
CategoryFreedomBox

Regular progress calls occur to keep everyone on track.

Monthly Progress Calls

Calls cover all their topics in an hour, with time for additional discussion afterward.

Upcoming Calls:

  • Sunday, October 25th, 2015, 6 PM UTC
  • Sunday, November 22nd, 2015, 6 PM UTC
  • Sunday, December 20th, 2015, 6 PM UTC

Access

Mumble server: fbx.freedomboxfoundation.org Port: 64738

  • We are going to be trying out Mumble for voice communications to allow residents outside of the United States to participate without running up a phone bill.
  • You do not need to create a username before hand (just make one up).
  • No passwords are required.
  • There is a client package in debian (mumble) and a GPL client for Andriod phones (plumble).
  • I would recommend you use headphones (or half-duplex mode) to avoid any echo.

Since it's difficult for multiple people to edit a wiki at one time, notes will be taken at pad.riseup.net, link to be posted in chat before meeting.

Upcoming Calls

Sunday, October 25th, 2015, 6 PM UTC

Pad: https://pad.riseup.net/p/OoB7B5ohOkbO

Agenda:

  • Using mumbles server running on a freedombox! (marc)
  • * Every please remember to update your mumbles client configuration to point to the mumbles server that the FreedomBox Foundation is hosting. The server address is fbx.freedomboxfoundation.org:64738

  • Do we need to adjust the time of the call for the end of Daylight Saving Time? (marc)
  • 0.6 release status
  • Demo
  • Hackathon
  • Translating Plinth

Previous Calls

November 30th, 2014

Notes are available.

Agenda:

  1. 0.3 Release blockers: do any remain? How do they get fixed? Who needs what help, and how do we get them that help? (nickdaly)
  2. Building in Jessie: Impossible? Being fixed? (pere)
  3. Client -> Server and Server -> Client Authentication in Monkeysphere, in Apache (http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/freedombox-discuss/2014-March/006260.html). (dkg?)

  4. Wireless Access Points: What are next TODOs? (nickdaly, jvalleroy)
  5. Reorganizing documentation and deciding on a good entry point for the project (the wiki?).
  6. Updating freedombox foundation website (sullivan?).
  7. Reorganization of confirmed TODOs list into an issue tracker and other TODOs into wiki. (sunilmohan)
  8. Progress and future of Plinth. Especially, Dashboard work done by Michael Pimmer (fonfon) and package manager UI etc. (sunilmohan, fonfon)
  9. Next meeting: preferred time, date, and communication method?
    • Audio Only: Mumble
    • Video Optional: appear.in, meet.jit.si
    • Do any of the video tools have ways to disable the video, for low-bandwidth situations?

December 28th, 2014

Notes are available.

Agenda:

  • Progress on moving TODOs to issue tracker.
  • Review 0.3 blockers
  • Identify 1.0 blockers.
  • Create a general "Contribute" wiki page telling people how to pull projects, put them together, and submit changes.
  • Progress of Dashboard regarding augeas (use python3-configobj instead?)

January 25th, 2015

Notes are available.

Agenda:

  • 0.3 Released! Party!
  • Confirm Sunil's key (no sigs?)
  • Next TODOs for apps/services that we would like to see in 1.0:
    • Calendar server (radicale)
    • Mail / SMTorP / notmuch
    • Bookmark server / Mozilla Sync
    • PGP SSO
    • freedombuddy / monkeysphere / SSO
    • wiki / blog
    • Re-visiting must-do items for 1.0 from last meeting and mailing list
    • what to do with the bts-to-github bug sync script?

    • (any others?)
  • Documentation status updates and plan for updating FB manual
  • New contributor plan
    • More frequent releases
    • Faster responses
    • Better documentation
    • A friendly face

February 22nd, 2015

Agenda:

  • Discuss integrating Plinth with automated testing (using Travis CI) - bob girard, fonfon

March 29th, 2015

Notes are available.

Agenda:

April 26th, 2015

Notes are available.

Agenda:

  • Blockers for 0.4 release
  • Recent progress
  • 0.4 release planning

May 24th, 2015

Notes are available.

Agenda:

  • 0.4 release status
  • Recent progress

June 28th, 2015

Notes are available.

Agenda:

  1. Issues
    1. Raspberry Pi image build hangs during rpi-update.
    2. uaputl to be removed from testing (bug #778152)
    3. Network interface sorting script (bug #789441)
    4. Debian CI for freedombox-setup (https://ci.debian.net/packages/f/freedombox-setup/unstable/amd64/)

  2. Review Needed
    1. Patch to allow root user to modify LDAP user directory (bug #787128)
    2. Patch to use nmcli for interface setup (bug #786689)
    3. Manual for next release (https://wiki.debian.org/FreedomBox/Manual/Stretch)

  3. TODOs
    1. Plinth module to mount/unmount disks

July 26th, 2015

Notes are available.

Agenda:

  • LDAP demo progress and TODOs
  • Skip 0.4 release and make a 0.5 release
  • (Add here)

August 23rd, 2015

Notes are available.

Agenda

  • Points from meeting with Eben and Mishi (sunil)
  • Plans for the demo (sunil)
  • Bugs and items for polish (sunil)
  • Proposal for new first boot experience (sunil)
  • (add more here)

September 27th, 2015

Notes are available.

Agenda:

  • FBX 0.5 issue? Pagekite on Beaglebone Black thinks server is down every so often. PK bug #41? (https://github.com/pagekite/PyPagekite/issues/41)

  • Halloween Hackathon in NYC

    • ideas
    • who is attending?
  • Configuration and automatic upgrades (Sunil)
  • Status update and progress for Demo target (Sunil).


Intro

Information

Support

Contribute

Reports

Promote

Vision

Hardware

Live Help

Where To Start

Translate

Calls

Talks

Overview

Download

Q&A

To Do

Design

Releases

Press

Features

Manual

Contributors

Code

Blog

FreedomBox for Communities

FreedomBox Developer Manual

HELP & DISCUSSIONS: Discussion Forum - Mailing List - #freedombox irc.debian.org | CONTACT Foundation | JOIN Project

Next call: Saturday, October 08 at 14:00 UTC

This page is copyright its contributors and is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-SA 4.0) license.


CategoryFreedomBox