You can find on this page achives of notes taken during FreedomBox progress call in 2014 and 2019.
December 18th, 2016
- Plinth 0.12.0 release status
- Landing page - lektor templates
- New UI
- NAT expectations
December 10th, 2016
- Wiki cleanup
- Plinth 0.12.0 release
Full-time FreedomBox work, SWECHA volunteers
- Current issues
- Plinth module metapackages
November 27th, 2016
- Roadmap page on wiki
- Certbot package status
- Front page appearance proposal
- Status for Packaging dependency of shaarli
- Gnu Social packaging
Next progress call -> Moved to Dec 18, same time.
November 12th, 2016
- Shaarli status
- Stretch free discussion
FreedomBox in Villages update
- Gnu Social packaging
October 23rd, 2016
- Uninstalling packages from Plinth
- Progress update
October 8th, 2016
- GNU Social progress
- Monkeysphere progress
- Automated setup process
- Packaging requests
- Update issues
- Shell access from web interface
September 25th, 2016
- Plinth 0.11.0
- Monkeysphere authentication progress
- freedombox.org status
- Plinth Front page
September 10th, 2016 (Hack call)
- 0.11 progress and remaining TODOs
- tinc VPN
- Landing page next steps
August 28th, 2016 (Progress call)
- freedombox.org landing page - license (James)
- Future of freedomboxfoundation.org (gnoutchd)
- Plinth front page (sunil)
- Plinth setup mechanism improvements (sunil)
- Disks module introduce in 0.10: allows resizing partition
- Debian Stretch (stable) roadmap
August 13th, 2016 (Hack call)
- Plinth 0.10 release plan (jvalleroy)
- django-stronghold (jvalleroy)
- TODOs for Manual (jvalleroy)
July 24th, 2016 (Progress Call)
Plinth: recent progress & new contributors (jvalleroy)
- Mesh Networks (Sunil)
- Landing page - Lektor project (jvalleroy)
- status Shaarli (Dietmar)
July 9th, 2016 (Hack Call)
- 0.9-rc2 images, any issues?
June 26th, 2016 (Progress Call)
May 22nd, 2016 (Progress Call)
- 0.9 release status (James)
- Kits (sunil)
- Pure Blend (sunil)
- Wiki license change (sunil)
FreedomBox Madrid slides (PhilippeBaret)
May 14th, 2016 (Social Hacks)
April 24th, 2016 (Progress call)
owncloud state?: (PhilippeBaret)
Domain name setting issue & workaround: (jvalleroy)
March 27th, 2016 (Progress call)
Content V 1.0: landing page, freedomboxfoundation.org, wiki (PhilippeBaret)
- 0.9 release status (jvalleroy)
LibrePlanet discussion (sunil)
- Roadmap discussion with Eben (sunil)
February 28th, 2016 (Progress call)
- 0.8 release status (jvalleroy)
- 0.9 release planning (jvalleroy)
- Updating the medium-term roadmap (jvalleroy)
February 13th, 2016 (Hack call)
HIE of One : (adriangropper)
January 24th, 2016
- 0.8 planning
- 0.7.2 status
- 0.9 planning
- Freedombox.org landing page (philippe)
January 9, 2016 (Hack call)
- No agenda
January 25th, 2015
- 0.3 Released! Party!
- Confirm Sunil's key (no sigs?)
- Next TODOs for apps/services that we would like to see in 1.0:
- Calendar server (radicale)
- Mail / SMTorP / notmuch
- Bookmark server / Mozilla Sync
- PGP SSO
- freedombuddy / monkeysphere / SSO
- wiki / blog
- Re-visiting must-do items for 1.0 from last meeting and mailing list
what to do with the bts-to-github bug sync script?
- (any others?)
- Documentation status updates and plan for updating FB manual
- New contributor plan
- More frequent releases
- Faster responses
- Better documentation
- A friendly face
February 22nd, 2015
- Discuss integrating Plinth with automated testing (using Travis CI) - bob girard, fonfon
March 29th, 2015
- Progress towards next release. Any blockers?
- Need to review/merge Plinth pull requests.
- Need updated packages for freedombox-setup and plinth.
- First-time setup for Plinth modules.
- Markus/Michael: Built Debian packages node-restore and known:
FreedomBox at GetD summit next week:
- Progress and next steps for SSO, freedombuddy, etc.
Sunil: Mumble in FreedomBox
- Sunil: Update on support for Radxa Rock
- Nick: Update on plinth/hello
Nick: Updated ?Freedombox/ConfiguringModGnuTLS.
- Bobg: How noisy should Travis-CI notifications be?
April 26th, 2015
- Blockers for 0.4 release
- Recent progress
- 0.4 release planning
May 24th, 2015
- 0.4 release status
- Recent progress
June 28th, 2015
- Raspberry Pi image build hangs during rpi-update.
- uaputl to be removed from testing (bug #778152)
- Network interface sorting script (bug #789441)
Debian CI for freedombox-setup (https://ci.debian.net/packages/f/freedombox-setup/unstable/amd64/)
- Review Needed
- Patch to allow root user to modify LDAP user directory (bug #787128)
- Patch to use nmcli for interface setup (bug #786689)
Manual for next release (https://wiki.debian.org/FreedomBox/Manual/Stretch)
- Plinth module to mount/unmount disks
July 26th, 2015
- LDAP demo progress and TODOs
- Skip 0.4 release and make a 0.5 release
- (Add here)
August 23rd, 2015
- Points from meeting with Eben and Mishi (sunil)
- Plans for the demo (sunil)
- Bugs and items for polish (sunil)
- Proposal for new first boot experience (sunil)
- (add more here)
September 27th, 2015
FBX 0.5 issue? Pagekite on Beaglebone Black thinks server is down every so often. PK bug #41? (https://github.com/pagekite/PyPagekite/issues/41)
Halloween Hackathon in NYC
- who is attending?
- Configuration and automatic upgrades (Sunil)
- Status update and progress for Demo target (Sunil).
Sunday, October 25th, 2015, 18:00 UTC
- Using mumbles server running on a freedombox! (marc)
* Every please remember to update your mumbles client configuration to point to the mumbles server that the FreedomBox Foundation is hosting. The server address is fbx.freedomboxfoundation.org:64738
- Do we need to adjust the time of the call for the end of Daylight Saving Time? (marc)
- 0.6 release status
- Translating Plinth
"Hack" Call, November 14th, 2015
First hack call. Agenda:
- Translation short and mid term strategy.
- Github groups.
November 22nd, 2015
- Demo video uploaded, any discussion/feedback?
- Progress towards 0.7 release
- Open issues: Dreamplug boot, Plinth i18n, mod-gnutls issue
- User Experience
- Next Calls
- (add more items here)
December 12th, 2015
localization, move to weblate, how to get translators involved: PhilippeBaret
Translation contributions come from community members. Efforts for a translators growing community should be seen as an effort for a growing community in general.It means rewarding active community members, increasing visibility on the Internet, creating quality content/tools for newcomers and members.
Related Pad plan (Sunil/Philippe)
business, what about it? PhilippeBaret
Is monetizing the wiki site to fund contribution doable?
How far FreedomBox is from being ready?
Is a community effort to put FreedomBox into business doable?
Partnering up with institutions/businesses: is it doable?
- PGP based SSL certs (James)
Weblate hosting donation (FreedomBox have already visibility on Weblate.org website/home) + Partner page for weblate visibility PhilippeBaret
December 20th, 2015
- 0.7 Release Status
- 0.8 Release Planning
V 0.7.2 PhilippeBaret
- PGP as SSL Client certs/Monkeysphere plinth module (Marc)
- Foundation will host dedicated Project page @ www.freedombox.org (Marc)
- Foundation is going to give core contributors vanity email forwarders @freedombox.org (Marc) (item): (who added it)
November 30th, 2014
- 0.3 Release blockers: do any remain? How do they get fixed? Who needs what help, and how do we get them that help? (nickdaly)
- Building in Jessie: Impossible? Being fixed? (pere)
Client -> Server and Server -> Client Authentication in Monkeysphere, in Apache (http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/freedombox-discuss/2014-March/006260.html). (dkg?)
- Wireless Access Points: What are next TODOs? (nickdaly, jvalleroy)
- Reorganizing documentation and deciding on a good entry point for the project (the wiki?).
- Updating freedombox foundation website (sullivan?).
- Reorganization of confirmed TODOs list into an issue tracker and other TODOs into wiki. (sunilmohan)
- Progress and future of Plinth. Especially, Dashboard work done by Michael Pimmer (fonfon) and package manager UI etc. (sunilmohan, fonfon)
- Next meeting: preferred time, date, and communication method?
- Audio Only: Mumble
- Video Optional: appear.in, meet.jit.si
- Do any of the video tools have ways to disable the video, for low-bandwidth situations?
December 28th, 2014
- Progress on moving TODOs to issue tracker.
- Review 0.3 blockers
- Identify 1.0 blockers.
- Create a general "Contribute" wiki page telling people how to pull projects, put them together, and submit changes.
- Progress of Dashboard regarding augeas (use python3-configobj instead?)
Next call: Saturday, August 8th at 14:00 UTC
Latest news: Help translate freedombox.org - 2020-08-01
This page is copyright its contributors and is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-SA 4.0) license.