Hack call: 14:00 UTC
- Status of Django 3.2 support (sunil)
- Mostly completed, went through change logs
- monkey patch for django-captcha
- newer version of django-axes uploaded
Consider migration to new JsonField
- Planning to use asyncio
- higher performance, more difficult to code
- not too bad in Python
- switch from cherrypy
- option to replace background task threads
- asyncio database operations not implemented yet
- glib eventloop
Migrating GnuDIP server to FreedomBox Foundation (sunil)
- Announce migration to existing users, 4 weeks in advance
- Users have option to delete their account or proceed with migration
- Functional tests removal of BDD (James)
- BDD dependency is removed now
- Convertion is complete
- Base class for tests
- Checks the components of the app to determine tests.
- pre-backup and post-backup
- run diagnostics
- Drop any diagnostics that are known to fail.
Named BaseAppTests so itself is not detected as a test.
- Packages component (sunil)
- list of packages to be installed
- list of packages that conflict
- diagnostics: warning if package is outdated
- App class setup method and uninstall method
- Eliminate setup helper
- Using DNS server API for obtaining LE certificates (jvalleroy/sunil)
- Lexicon is a library to connect to DNS providers using API to update DNS records
- Let's Encrypt challenge through DNS record instead of HTTP.
Get LE certificate even if FreedomBox is not yet reachable.
Every FreedomBox starts with a <randomid>.freedombox.rocks domain.
- IPv6 adoption is increasing.