Progress call: 17:00 UTC
- Stable image builds question (James)
- Do we use "stable" or "bullseye" in apt sources list?
- Not sure - James to create an issue.
- JSXC 3.4.4 (James)
- Currently in experimental, will upload to unstable.
- Report that audio/video calls not working in Bullseye.
- Email server discussion (sunil)
- Further work will be outside of GSoC.
- Others can contribute further work.
- Got the most important parts finished
Extensions to FreedomBox framework
- UX to be improved
Terminology used in email server is not consistent with the rest of FreedomBox
- Handling change of domain
- Some tasks were outdated for current email software. Future contributors to check latest documentation
- Password storage for smart relay
- May port email server to Buster in the future
- Open agenda
- First 5 minutes: state of FBX, progress, feature plans
- Private Jitsi link: ask jvalleroy if you wish to participate in the BoF.
FreedomBox Infrastructure VMs
- ftp, www, ci moving to new VMs.
- DHCP issue reported in new release
FreedomBox does not have IPv4 lease (they may have an IPv6 address)
- Offer a hard-coded static IP address as a fallback?
Not directly supported by NetworkManager
- DHCP server is currently available on the Ethernet port, should assign an IP address to laptop, each network interface is configured separately
Check that FreedomBox has a link-local address: 169.254.0.0/16
- Log file locations
- Systemd syslog interface: sudo journalctl (use -D /path/to/var/log/journal to view a different log directory)
- Upgrade issues
- Ran out of space (snapshots? other reasons?)
- Package manager is busy, already running (causes delay)
- Multiple restarts (need-restart?)
- "Database is locked" error in backup component
- Backup is run every 3 minutes (not every hour) in developer mode