Progress call: 17:00 UTC
- freedombox 21.4.4 in bullseye and buster-backports (James)
- Accepted unblock for 21.4.4
- Uploaded to buster-backports
- Removed fuse3 change in buster-backports
- Not a problem for bullseye
- Fix for holding the freedombox package is included in 21.4.4. Only change for bullseye
- Bullseye release August 14th
- Kiwix app (Joseph)
- Offline Wikipedia
User uploads or FreedomBox downloads zim file
- Lightweight (only kiwix-tools. No browser).
- Already used in village deployments
- Kiwix content page
- btrfs-tools package missing in bullseye. Impacts on container/VM? (fioddor)
- Just use btrfs-progs instead.
- Container script is currently using btrfs-progs.
- Almost completed
- Functional tests, backup and restore working
- Using MariaDB, since that's the only database supported.
- Security features
- User Management: can potentially use LDAP, but the plugin is not ready
- Initial setup page will be for internal networks only and then the site will be made public.
- Containerizing the PHP-FPM application in the future.
- Plugins and themes directory is writable in Debian.
- Plugins are at the user's own risk.
- Make sure that the user reads this disclaimer. Have plugins disabled by default and make enabling them an explicit action.
Client configuration for FreedomBox Mail (GSoC)
- Edit /etc/roundcube/config.inc.php
- IMAP URL: ssl://freedombox
- SMTP URL: tls://freedombox port 587
- FQDN must match your TLS certificate
- Mozilla Thunderbird
- May use Let's Encrypt (not tested)
- TB does not accept self-signed certificates that are also certificate authorities
- Claws Mail works
- Implicit SSL for IMAP
- STARTTLS for SMTP (port 587)
- Fallback logic for non-admin view rendering (GSoC)
- configuration block vs. user_configuration and admin_configuration
- Sunil to assist with merging the patch
- TLS/SSL settings in Postfix and Dovecot (GSoC)
- Debian Postfix still uses weak algorithms (improvements available starting v3.x)
Use this tool instead: https://ssl-config.mozilla.org/ (Intermediate configuration)
- tls_preempt_cipherlist = no (reason being some bad mail clients fall back to insecure ciphers if server preferences cannot be honored)
- Also change the certificate fingerprint algorithm to SHA-256 (default in v3.x)
- Certificate verification problem in Postfix SMTP client (???)
- 127.0.0.1 freedombox host2.test.example
Email deliverable from user1@freedombox to firstname.lastname@example.org
TLS certificate matches freedombox but not host2.test.example
- To investigate
- Dynamic DNS (GSoC)
- VM for testing mail server, Let's Encrypt, email authentication
- fliu to send SSH key for AWS
Preparing the wiki page for UserManual (GSoC)
- Create page on wiki
- Ikiwiki: How do you set up the CGI for Ikiwiki, any documentation on that?
- ikiwiki --setup Somehow not working?
- Add CGI handler in Apache
Debconf 21 BoF session for FreedomBox
- BoF is confirmed
- BoF may be recorded (BoF were recorded last year)