Hack call: 14:00 UTC
- Format of hack calls (James)
- Focus more on hacking, bug fixing, triaging
- Short discussion first
- Progress call (4th Sunday) will stay the same for now.
- DBus based action daemon story posted (sunil)
- Should we consider dropping /etc/security restrictions (sunil)?
- Currently, only admin users can log in through physical console, unless option is disabled on security page.
- Causes a lot of problems for user support
Installing FreedomBox along with desktop environment
- Allow login from physically attached console (or TV and keyboard)
- Login can allow direct communication with system daemons, bypassing users/groups restrictions.
- Use unix sockets instead of ports, set group to web server.
The Story of FreedomBox (2019) "Reclaim the internet" (fred)
- Working on French subtitles.
- Source code of slides?
Contact FreedomBox Foundation to see if they can provide it.
- Changing network from dynamic IP to static IP
- Does not take effect immediately after changing setting.
- Expectation is that the user deactivates and re-activates the connection.
- Need a user-friendly path to make this change:
- Document how to recovery from bad configuration.
- Adding a second connection that is not automatic.
- Please consider reconfiguration of apps like matrix configured for dynamic ip in the first place.
- Do you mean the domain name? Yes.
- Ask for confirmation that new configuration is working. If not, then fallback to old configuration.
Strings that are not translated in interface (cf. Translation Django, https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/3.1/topics/i18n/translation/#internationalization-in-python-code ) > gettext_lazy()
- 80 characters the 'standard' limit for code width? (Context: docstring, Multi-line Docstrings)
- Improve user experience by using more notifications (Sunil)
Apps almost ready for FreedomBox