Progress call: 17:00 UTC
- Security/privacy issue (James)
- Disable module
- Make announcement and how to disable it manually (James to draft)
- Adding general hardware information to Hardware page
- Specific to single-board computers
- Page also included in manual
Refer to InstallingDebianOn when installing FreedomBox on top of Debian.
- Individual hardware pages duplicated
- May be able to reduce pages later with generic instructions
- Bepasty app is merged
- Coquelicot removed
Can try it out on https://demo.freedombox.org/
- Demo server updated, bepasty can be tried there
- Works with large files up to 5 GB
- Change to link-based sharing by default (Read, not List)
- App's UX needs improvement
- What happens when the box runs out of space?
- Runs as normal user
- Option to change the storage location
uwsgi systemd unit file for FreedomBox
- parametrized i.e. a template file
- does not ship a systemd unit file by default
- one unit file for each uwsgi app
- we can ship a systemd unit file for uwsgi
- security sandboxing using systemd
- user and group taken care of by systemd
- private-users = true
- socket-related things
- packages for apps can include a systemd unit file as an example
FreedomBox: The Home Server Appliance
- Streaming online on Aug 26 (Wed) at 19:00 UTC
- Reviewing fetching wiki pages in moinmoin, converting to docbook
- Docbook export for image download can be fixed later.
- We can fix URLs for images, simplify code, not just matching server's output.
- matrix-synapse upgrade to latest version
Not installable on FreedomBox currently, needs one more dependency from backports.
Plan for quick release after FreedomBox is out of NEW queue.