Differences between revisions 1 and 2
Revision 1 as of 2019-06-08 17:30:26
Size: 30
Comment: add to calendar
Revision 2 as of 2019-10-27 18:15:36
Size: 3108
Comment: add call notes
Deletions are marked like this. Additions are marked like this.
Line 2: Line 2:

 * Developer manual (sunil)
  * Included in repository
  * Automatically generate documentation for a module or class
  * Based on developer manual from wiki
  * Publish to docs.freedombox.org, then remove from wiki
  * Debian package for developer docs
 * Summit (Danny)
  * Collecting agenda items from the community
   * https://discuss.freedombox.org/t/request-for-comments-agenda-items-for-2019-summit/452
  * Virtual Q&A: please attend
   * Friday, November 15 at 20:00 UTC - 21:00 UTC
 * Hackathon (Danny)
  * Please register!
  * https://freedomboxfoundation.org/news/freedombox-turns-10-hackathon/
  * Organizing the three hackathon sessions (Installfest, Development environment, Guided coding)
    * what are the plans for these sessions?
     * Installfest:
      * Danny will prepare printed material for this station
      * !JoKe managed an installfest earlier and has experience in the things that can go wrong
     * Development environment:
      * should take 30 minutes
      * James will manage this station
      * Alternative to virtualbox - vagrant with libvirt:
       * https://salsa.debian.org/freedombox-team/plinth/snippets/299
      * Requirement:
       * people come with Debian on their machines, any virtualbox, or at least libvirt
       *
     * Guided coding:
      * Sunil will prepare tasks to work on for the developers
      * participants should have already set up development environment
      * Joseph can help prepare tasks with guided coding
    * If nobody comes prepared with development environment, james and sunil will combine their tracks and manage it together
    * division of labor
  * preparing materials ahead of time
   * Atleast one week in advance
 * contributor invites (Danny)
  * Good progress so far
   * there's also been some more wiki edits and translations
  * Setting up a nominations process for our users
   * feature requests from users can be turned into contributor invites when they are easy enough for new contributors
   * can do on the forum
  * Goal is to streamline the contributor invite process. Tore team can nominate new contributor invites by doing three things:
   * tag danny in an issue on gitlab
   * write a clear, concise list of exactly what we want the new contributor to do
   * apply relevant tags to the issue on gitlab
  * Can also create kanban boards filtered by label 'contributor-invite'
 * spike: Moving demo server's configuration from Ansible to Terraform (Joseph)
 * Will be ready to test !NanoPi boards from 2nd week of November (Joseph)
  * Sunil didn't recieve Rock64 board yet, will need to follow up
 * !WireGuard (sunil)
  * Will continue work on it this week
 * Gitweb
  * Veiko's code quality and attention to detail has been impressive.
 * Maintainerships idea
  * we can add information in the app page for gitweb which notes that it is maintained by veiko, to give him credit for his good work.
  * We can assign maintainerships to others who work on specific apps
  * can discuss at the summit

Progress call: 17:00 UTC

  • Developer manual (sunil)
    • Included in repository
    • Automatically generate documentation for a module or class
    • Based on developer manual from wiki
    • Publish to docs.freedombox.org, then remove from wiki
    • Debian package for developer docs
  • Summit (Danny)
  • Hackathon (Danny)
    • Please register!
    • https://freedomboxfoundation.org/news/freedombox-turns-10-hackathon/

    • Organizing the three hackathon sessions (Installfest, Development environment, Guided coding)
      • what are the plans for these sessions?
        • Installfest:
          • Danny will prepare printed material for this station
          • JoKe managed an installfest earlier and has experience in the things that can go wrong

        • Development environment:
        • Guided coding:
          • Sunil will prepare tasks to work on for the developers
          • participants should have already set up development environment
          • Joseph can help prepare tasks with guided coding
      • If nobody comes prepared with development environment, james and sunil will combine their tracks and manage it together
      • division of labor
    • preparing materials ahead of time
      • Atleast one week in advance
  • contributor invites (Danny)
    • Good progress so far
      • there's also been some more wiki edits and translations
    • Setting up a nominations process for our users
      • feature requests from users can be turned into contributor invites when they are easy enough for new contributors
      • can do on the forum
    • Goal is to streamline the contributor invite process. Tore team can nominate new contributor invites by doing three things:
      • tag danny in an issue on gitlab
      • write a clear, concise list of exactly what we want the new contributor to do
      • apply relevant tags to the issue on gitlab
    • Can also create kanban boards filtered by label 'contributor-invite'
  • spike: Moving demo server's configuration from Ansible to Terraform (Joseph)
  • Will be ready to test NanoPi boards from 2nd week of November (Joseph)

    • Sunil didn't recieve Rock64 board yet, will need to follow up
  • WireGuard (sunil)

    • Will continue work on it this week
  • Gitweb
    • Veiko's code quality and attention to detail has been impressive.
  • Maintainerships idea
    • we can add information in the app page for gitweb which notes that it is maintained by veiko, to give him credit for his good work.
    • We can assign maintainerships to others who work on specific apps
    • can discuss at the summit