Hack call: 14:00 UTC
- Backports (James)
- 19.13 uploaded to buster-backports
- When to update buster-backports?
- Update after minor changes and new apps.
- For major changes, wait for a release or 2.
- Specify in release announcement whether it will be backported.
- Matrix Synapse backport (Joseph)
See if 1.0 is really needed (on FreedomBox) for room federation.
- 3 other security issues fixed after 0.99.2.
- Backports for apps? (Joseph)
- Conservative selection of apps
- Backports don't get Debian security team support
- Security info for each app:
- Nolan’s email server (Danny)
- issue with the configuration file
- why use containers when we can use systemd's sandboxing capabilities
- we could use some of projectx's components
Improve display of security vulnerabilities(Danny): https://salsa.debian.org/freedombox-team/freedombox/issues/1614
- Hide report behind a button ("Run scan" or "View report")
- Plan for 19.15
APT(Danny): is it possible to change apt configuration in FreedomBox so that it doesn’t provide prompts in the future?
- yes, we could hypothetically make apt automatically through the codename change
Also due to using "Buster" release from testing -> stable.
- Seems like updates from buster-backports can still happen, even if normal repository is not working due to release name change.
- Code of Conduct and Community Governance (Danny)
- Ready to accept and publish Code of Conduct
- Reporting violations - any member of core team
Change to FreedomBox Foundation staff member
- List a few emails
- Publish to freedombox.org, add links to here from other places
- James: Release manager / reviewer/ core team member
- RFC can be specified further in the future
- Action item: create new forum post for the governance page with a proposal that includes (1) brief description of community governance, (2) list of core team members
- Pure blends in Debian installer (sunil)
- Make argument for this to happen.