Progress call: 17:00 UTC
- Release for backports (sunil)
- Check status
- Security support
- Does not have normal support by security team (only from maintainers)
- Warning to users about security status
- Integrate debsecan (merge request available)
- Checks CVEs for managed_packages but not dependencies.
- Add total CVEs including dependencies later.
- Shown in Security page.
- Users won't know how to read this information.
- Severity levels: low/medium/high - show highest level for each app
- Suggestion to hide apps with no vulnerabilities or only low severity
- Proposal to only show critical vulnerabilities
- Proposal to limit to only packages in backports
- Check with Federico if this is sufficient.
- Fast-track to 19.13
- Upload to unstable, migrates to testing, then upload to backports
- Plan to release and upload to unstable tomorrow
- Status of A64 OLinuXino support (sunil)
- Successfully using eMMC, full support upcoming.
- New set of images for Buster published (joseph)
- demo server
- Published July 22
- New Pioneer edition image works as tested by Olimex
- People I met
Status of FreedomBox within the Debian community
Labrador board wants to support FreedomBox
- Let's try to find sponsors in Debian for packaging, e.g. some PHP packages
- Debian Packaging for prospective packages
- perl + JS crypto library
- E2E encrypted filesharing
- How it compares with Firefox Send - Firefox Send is NodeJS
federated social networking, ActivityPub protocol, compatible with Mastodon
- uses fewer resources
- Elixir - needs dh-mix tool, hex2deb
- plan to host backend service, not web frontend
- use any supported client
- how to register?
- dependency analysis
- minimal resources on server
- client-side application
- collaborative office suite, but focus on simple shared documents
- share by link
- most dependencies already packaged
Proposal to add wiki page for packaging related to FreedomBox apps
- Central dashboard for contributors
People ask for Mastodon and NextCloud, and including those apps instead of Pleroma and CryptPad may attract more users.
- Mastodon has more nodejs dependencies than pleroma
- The comparison between Nextcloud v. Cryptpad and Mastodon v. Pleroma:
- which app's resource demands are a better fit for our target hardware?
- which apps will satisfy our users most?
- There is a chance that including a docker container will not be incompatible with remaining a Debian pure-blend. The definition of pure-blend might allow for freedombox to include a docker container.
- Design circle with authority (mray)
Joseph's suggestion for additional roles: https://discuss.freedombox.org/t/additional-roles-for-the-project/256/5