These are notes from the FreedomBox Progress Call on January 24th, 2016.
- 0.8 planning
Enough new features for a release (LetsEncrypt)
- Plinth-only release
- Plinth manual upgrade issue from 0.7
- String freeze - Wed., Jan 27
- Wait for a few changes to get merged in.
- 0.7.2 status
- Ready for more translators
- 0.9 planning
- Setup mechanism
- Monkeysphere improvements
- Kernel upgrade issues
- Btrfs snapshots (snapper.io), new image builds
- Storage devices (main or pluggable)
- Btrfs helps with migrating/cloning system
- Service to mount removable storage
- Freedombox.org landing page (philippe)
- Landing page content outline posted on mailing list
- New wiki layouts (see links below)
- Next steps: Pick a template, start on content
- Metrics for downloads, wiki hits?
- Status update
we have a packaging tag: https://github.com/freedombox/Plinth/labels/packaging
- Owncloud might not be around forever (yay), shall we investigate/package alternatives?
- Calendar/Contacts (radicale)
- File Sync/Sharing
- External Storage
- LDAP integration
- Review/merge pull requests that should go in v0.8. (James / Sunil)
- Update translations - after string freeze.
- Release plinth v0.8.
- Philippe will pick one or two themes and give 2-3 days to finalize one of them
- Goal is to give overview to new visitors
- Will have metrics measuring the goals from beginning
- Will get statistics from Daniel on visitors
- Content will be done by Philippe
- Implementation into HTML page will done by Phillippe/Daniel
- Landing pages (Apache Licence)
- Jekyll templates (with html)
- Menu Test Wiki
HomePage Test Wiki
- Message-related changes PR
- Landing page wireframe
metrics with IRC (67) & List members (753) + download logs + github repos + freedomboxfoundation.org (8318 unique IPs) + translations (weblate, wiki) + Press + Wiki edits + Alioth Projects members + bugs