INF: Please help extending the information in this page
Refer to Targeted Hardware for hardware that may satisfy these requirements.
The hardware must/should/may ...
- It must have at least one serial interface
It should have at least one JTAG interface
- It must have at least one network interface
- Noise level must be below 20 dB
- It must have storage interfaces, at least one of them:
It must be able to execute all Freedom Box software at less than half of the CPU load
It should not consume over 15W at full CPU load
- It should be reduced in size, not bigger than a set-top box.
- It must work perfectly between 0-40ºC
Manufacturers should give a minimum of 1 year warranty for a system running 24/7. (Devices that fail sooner are a danger to the reputation of the FreedomBox.)
- The hardware should be as cheap as possible, but not cheaper...
Open Source Hardware
- The board design should be Open Source if possible
OSHW allows multiple manifacturers to produce the same board. Some OSHW boards (e.g. OLinuXino) are also designed to allow easier soldering (even by hand). See OpenSourceHardware
INF: At the first version we do not need to be too ambitious, rugged and harsh environment as well as rechargeable energy powered devices are desired but not at this point
Next call: Sunday, December 24th at 17:00 UTC
Latest news: Stable FreedomBox images - 2017-08-05
This page is copyright its contributors and is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-SA 4.0) license.