INF: Please help extending the information in this page
Refer to Targeted Hardware for hardware that may satisfy these requirements.
The hardware must/should/may ...
- It must have at least one serial interface
It should have at least one JTAG interface
- It must have at least one network interface
- Noise level must be below 20 dB
- It must have storage interfaces, at least one of them:
It must be able to execute all Freedom Box software at less than half of the CPU load
It should not consume over 15W at full CPU load
- It should be reduced in size, not bigger than a set-top box.
- It must work perfectly between 0-40ºC
Manufacturers should give a minimum of 1 year warranty for a system running 24/7. (Devices that fail sooner are a danger to the reputation of the FreedomBox.)
- The hardware should be as cheap as possible, but not cheaper...
INF: At the first version we do not need to be too ambitious, rugged and harsh environment as well as rechargeable energy powered devices are desired but not at this point