Cubietruck / Cubieboard3
Cubietruck (Cubieboard3) is a single board computer with better performance than many other such boards. FreedomBox images are being built for it. For using this board as FreedomBox, a separate USB WiFi device that does not require non-free firmware is recommended.
FreedomBox SD card images for this hardware are being built.
FreedomBox images for this hardware can be built using Freedom Maker once the support for it is added.
- Price: 89 USD
- Open Hardware: No
- CPU: Allwinner A20, ARM Cortex-A7 @ 1GHz dual-core
- RAM: 2 GiB DDR3 @ 480 MHz
- Storage: 8 GB NAND flash built-in, 1x microSD slot
- Architecture: armhf
- Ethernet: 10/100/1000, RJ45
WiFi: Broadcom BCM4329/BCM40181 (no free WiFi drivers + firmware available)
- SATA: 1x 2.0 port
- Non-free blobs required: ?
WiFi: no free WiFi drivers + firmware available
- Works with stock Debian kernel: ?
WiFi does not work with free software. A separate USB WiFi device is recommended.