Suggestion for 0.2 release.
Moved 0.2 stuff to FreedomBox/0.2Todos
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 7:||Line 7:|
= TODOs for 0.2 =
It would be useful to get an interim release out, showing what is working at the moment. As a bare minimum, this should be in place:
* [ ] Use SSL for plinth access.
* [ ] Use plinth, withsqlite and exmachina from debs and a APT repository.
* [ ] Make sure first-page in plinth isn't a dead end.
* [ ] Use debs in freedom-maker to set up Dreamplug image.
TODOs for 1.0
This is a list of 20 TODO items that must be completed before 1.0 can be released. This list came out of the notes from a two day meeting/mini-hackfest in NYC during early 2013.
This list is in alphabetical order. If you can find a better order, please update it.
- [ ] Clarify Authentication vs Authorization in the System
- [ ] Clean up FBF Wiki
- [ ] Contact Debian Maintainers about Packaging
- [ ] Coordinate Developer Documentation
- [ ] Coordinate End User Documentation
- [ ] Create Key/Cert Expiry Reporting Tools
[ ] Deliver FreedomBox Package
- [ ] Deliver Plinth Package
[ ] Finish ?FreedomBuddy, Functionally
[ ] Finish ?FreedomBuddy UI
- [ ] Glue Pieces Together
- [ ] Improve FBF Visual Identity
- [ ] Improve GNUTLS
- [ ] Integrate Tinc into Plinth
- [X] Merge Freedom Maker Shiny into Master
- [ ] Novena Support
- [ ] Package Certificate Expiry Reporting
[ ] Package ?ExMachina
[ ] Provide ?CherryPy through Apache
[ ] Security Audit / Hammer Away at ?ExMachina
Of the 20 items, 19 remain.
TODO Clarify Authentication vs Authorization in the System
TODO Clean up FBF Wiki
TODO Contact Debian Maintainers about Packaging
TODO Coordinate Developer Documentation
TODO Coordinate End User Documentation
TODO Create Key/Cert Expiry Reporting Tools
TODO Deliver FreedomBox Package
TODO Deliver Plinth Package
TODO Finish FreedomBuddy, Functionally
TODO Finish FreedomBuddy UI
TODO Glue Pieces Together
TODO Improve FBF Visual Identity
TODO Improve GNUTLS
TODO Integrate Tinc into Plinth
TODO Novena Support
TODO Package Certificate Expiry Reporting
TODO Package ExMachina
TODO Provide CherryPy through Apache
TODO Security Audit / Hammer Away at ExMachina
DONE Merge Freedom Maker Shiny into Master
This was a pretty easy task, Shiny and Master are nearly equivalent, except for the following intentional differences:
- Shiny will build FBX projects on first boot.
- Shiny will attempt to load wifi firmware on first boot.
Shiny will automatically start Plinth and FreedomBox-Privoxy.