I try to log here stuff done for the meeting:
Today I am preparing a mirror with apt-mirror for some repositories Holger gave me.
Apart from that, I searched a little bit on the linex website, to find out where to download isos, and which gnulinex apt mirrors exist. Some links on stuff I found there - not sure if all is useful and relevant, I don't understand spanish very well:
- stuff to print:
Wiki with installation instructions: http://linexpedia.gnulinex.org/index.php/Instalaci%C3%B3n_de_gnuLinex_2006
a linuxjournal article: http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/7908
installation instructions, another version: http://www.linex.org/joomlaex/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=242&Itemid=46
- stuff to download:
list of (some) apt repositories: http://www.linex.org/joomlaex/index.php?option=com_simplefaq&task=answer&Itemid=38&catid=11&aid=87
more apt repositories: http://apt.linex.org/linex2006/dists/cl/
- Other links to linex-related things:
Here's a formatted apt sources.list file from some FAQ:
# gnuLinEx 2006 deb http://apt.linex.org/linex2006 sarge linex2006 # gnuLinEx 2006 deb-src http://apt.linex.org/linex2006 sarge linex2006 # Seguridad de Debian deb http://security.debian.org/ sarge/updates main contrib # Seguridad de Debian deb-src http://security.debian.org/ sarge/updates main contrib deb http://ftp.es.debian.org/debian sarge main contrib non-free deb-src http://ftp.es.debian.org/debian sarge main contrib non-free
* Travel and arrival day... Madrid's airport shows to be very confusing, the food is great and the weather too
* setting up the network takes some time...
* Criteria for deciding on a language and framework for the GUI:
- The language and framework should support a clean coding style and architecture
- It should be accepted by all people willing to help in developing it
- It might be interesting, if the code could also be used in FAI itself (e.g., it's duplicated work to have different pieces of code finding out which scripts to be executed for a class at install time and in the FAI GUI - and it's two places to be changed when the structure of the configspace changes)
- what else?