Debian Emacsen team
- #debian-emacs on irc.debian.org
- Emacs Lisp addon packages
- GNU Emacs backports
i.e. does not (yet) include any main archive Emacsen themselves.
Defined by our salsa group (not (yet) by tracker.debian.org).
Addons packaging policy
All binary packages installing into site-lisp/elpa (in particular all packages using dh_elpa) should be named elpa-foo where foo is the ELPA package name.
+ Note that this is often different to the upstream repository name. E.g. elpa-f is called 'f.el' by upstream.
- Source package names are upstream project names. Prefix 'emacs-' or suffix '-el' if and only if that name is too generic.
- We use one git repository for each upstream package.
- We keep the upstream source in the packaging git repository.
- Versions should be based on those used by the upstream author, not e.g. MELPA
- + Though if there is a discrepancy, try to get it resolved with upstream before uploading.
- Maintainer field should be
Debian Emacsen team <email@example.com>
We generally expect to be able to work on packages as a team
See elpa-hello for sample debian/* files snippets that use dh_elpa and follow policy.