linda also reported
We have the bug number for linda
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 19:||Line 19:|
|1.C Add Homepage field to dh-make templates.||1.C Add Homepage field to dh-make templates. Bug reported (waiting for bug number)|
|Line 27:||Line 27:|
|* linda: bug reported (waiting for bug number)||* linda: Bug:445673|
dpkg >= 1.14.6 supports the use of a "Homepage:" field in debian/control. This should replace the Homepage pseudo-field in extended descriptions.
1.A Implement support in APT frontends:
1.B Adapt developer documentation such as the Developer's Reference:
Developer's Reference: 445642
1.C Add Homepage field to dh-make templates. Bug reported (waiting for bug number)
2. Make lintian stop issuing "I: unknown-field-in-control homepage". See 444336
3. Make linda and lintian issue a warning to packages including a homepage in their extended description.
4. Add Homepage to Debian Policy Manual as a suggestion:
- Add an item to "Binary package control files -- DEBIAN/control"
- Homepage (no "mandatory" mention)
- Add a level 3 section to "List of fields":
The upstream project's home page URL. It should preferably contain and http(s) URL linking to a page describing the upstream project with access to the project's resources. This is an optional field.
Maybe move this as first step as debian/control fields are indeed described in the policy. The point would be to have a good reference describing that field without making it mandatory.
5. After some time, announce mass wishlist bug filing on debian-devel-announce.
6. After some time, proceed to mass wishlist bug filing.
7. After even more time, change the policy manual to should
8. file yet another round of bugs, now non-wishlist.
This page is based on [http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2007/09/msg00628.html a message from Christian Perrier to debian-devel] and the resulting thread. This page amended by Manoj Srivastava and Christian Perrier.