Raspbian is a Debian derivative targetting armv6 devices with vfpv2. Primerally but not exclusively the raspberry pi. We are based on debian armhf but with reduced compiler defaults to that our binaries will run on such devices.
- Status: active (2013-08-20)
- Corporate sponsor:
- Government sponsor:
- Funding model: based on donations, both financial and in-kind.
- Location: based in UK and USA, serves users internationally.
user IRC: irc://chat.freenode.net/raspbian
devel IRC: irc://chat.freenode.net/raspbian
Debian IRC: irc://chat.freenode.net/raspbian
- user list:
- Debian list:
user forums: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=66
- devel forum:
- Debian forum:
Debian derivatives census maintainer: Peter Michael Green <firstname.lastname@example.org> (plugwash on IRC)
Debian derivatives census page: Derivatives/Census/Raspbian
- Debian page:
Distrowatch page: http://distrowatch.com/table.php?distribution=raspbian
- Distribution type: Raspbian itself focuses on operation of a repository, various parties produce both installers and premade images based on it.
- Debian derivative model: uses Debian source packages and architecture independent (arch all) binary packages, architecture specific binary packages are rebuilt, some packages are added or modified.
- Based on: Releases are based on Debian olstable, stable and testing, some packages may be pulled from unstable or experimental when deemed necessary but we try to keep this to a minimum.
- Interfaces: console and 2D X desktops (lxde, xfce, mate etc) are supported, 3D X desktops are unlikely to be suitable due to lack of intergration between the GPU drivers and X.
- Archive tool:reprepro
- VCS repository:
Bug tracker: https://bugs.launchpad.net/raspbian
- Bugs forwarded to Debian:
- Architectures: armhf
- dpkg vendor: Raspbian
Patches repo: http://debdiffs.raspbian.org/
- Docs about Raspbian for Debian developers:
- Docs about Debian for Raspbian developers:
- Raspbian glossary:
- Package comparison:
- Popcon information:
- Quality assurance information:
- lintian information:
- piuparts information:
- static analysis information:
list of developers: http://www.raspbian.org/RaspbianTeam
- developer blogs:
- developer microblogs:
- derivatives info:
mirrors file: http://www.raspbian.org/RaspbianMirrors
- mirror tools: rsync, ftpsync, mirrorbrain
- changelogs pool:
- apt repositories (source, binary, stablerelease/nextrelease):
deb [arch=armhf] http://archive.raspbian.org/raspbian testing main contrib non-free rpi firmware deb-src http://archive.raspbian.org/raspbian testing main contrib non-free rpi firmware deb [arch=armhf] http://archive.raspbian.org/raspbian stable main contrib non-free rpi firmware deb-src http://archive.raspbian.org/raspbian stable main contrib non-free rpi firmware deb [arch=armhf] http://archive.raspbian.org/raspbian oldstable main contrib non-free rpi firmware deb-src http://archive.raspbian.org/raspbian oldstable main contrib non-free rpi firmware
Last updated 2013-08-18 17:06:25