Cyborg is a Ubuntu-based security distribution designed for penetration testing and forensic investigations. Although it is primarily designed for security enthusiasts and professionals, it can also be used by any Linux user as a desktop system for day-to-day computing. Besides standard Ubuntu software, Cyborg-Linux has pre-installed GNOME metacity and compiz Desktop Environment, more than 700+ open-source tools for penetration testing, and a custom-built Linux kernel 3.13.0-40-generic.
Cyborg was first released in 04/Dec/2014 under code name “Cyborg-Hawk” as the most advanced, powerful and yet beautiful penetration testing distribution ever created. Lined up with ultimate collection of tools for pro Ethical Hackers and Cyber Security Experts.
Simplify security in your IT infrastructure with Cyborg. Its real strength comes from the understanding that a tester requires a strong and efficient system,that benefits from a strong selection of tools, integrated with a stable linux environment.
It has 700 + tools while other popular distro have 300+ and also dedicated tools for and menu for mobile security and malware analysis.
*Exploitation Toolkit:- Toolkit to test the integrity of your IT Infrastructure.Best exploit of for best results
*Reverse Engineering:- Reversing the core code for the analysis by going backwards through the development cycle
*Forensics:- Uncover the Digital evidence. Investigate them and interpreting electronic data for use in a court of law.
*Stress Testing:- Determine the amount of stress your computer, network, program or device can bear.
*Mobile Security:- Penetrate the mobile security and fix the vulnerabilities of it . Mobile Security covers every known platform for smartphones.
*Wireless Security:- Secure your wireless world. Cyborg have top level tools to test your security.
- Status: active
- Corporate sponsor: Ztrela Knowledge Solutions Pvt. Ltd.
Corporate website: http://www.ztrela.com
- Funding model: self funded by developers
- Location: completely international
- user IRC:
- devel IRC:
- Debian IRC:
- user list:
- devel list:
- Debian list:
- user forums:
- devel forum:
- Debian forum:
- Debian derivatives census maintainer:
Debian derivatives census page: Derivatives/Census/CyborgLinux
- Debian page:
- Distrowatch page:
- Distribution type: live image, installable
- Debian derivative model: uses Debian binary packages, modifies some of them and adds new source/binary packages
- Based on: Ubuntu Trusty Tahr
- VCS repository:
- Bug tracker:
- Bugs forwarded to Debian:
- Architectures: amd64
- dpkg vendor:
- Patches repo:
- Docs about Cyborg for Debian developers:
- Docs about Debian for Cyborg developers:
- Cyborg glossary:
- Package comparison:
- Popcon information:
- Quality assurance information:
- lintian information:
- piuparts information:
- static analysis information:
- list of developers: Vaibhav Singh, Shahnawaz Alam
- developer blogs:
- developer microblogs:
- derivatives info:
- mirrors file:
- changelogs pool:
- apt repositories (source, binary, stablerelease/nextrelease):
Last updated 2014-12-04 00:36:13