aptosid is made up of 2 words, firstly apto, which is a Latin word which means 'to fit, adapt, adjust, make ready, or fit'. The second word is sid and is the codename of Debian's unstable branch.
aptosid holds fast to the core values and social contract of Debian. (DFSG).
We aim to be 100% compatible with debian sid, and is at the forefront regarding the definition of a rolling distribution.
- Status: inactive (last release was 2013)
user IRC: ircs://irc.oftc.net/aptosid
user forums: http://aptosid.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2
security contact: Stefan Lippers-Hollmann <email@example.com>
Debian derivatives census page: Derivatives/Census/Aptosid
Distrowatch page: https://distrowatch.com/aptosid
- Distribution type: live image, installable
- Debian derivative model: uses Debian binary packages and adds/modifies a minimal amount of source packages
- Based on: Debian unstable
VCS repository: https://github.com/fullstory
- Architectures: amd64 i386
- apt repositories:
deb [arch=i386,amd64] http://aptosid.com/debian/ sid main fix.main deb-src http://aptosid.com/debian/ sid main fix.main