|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 75:||Line 75:|
| * ldb
* build with patched tdb
This page attempts to be a reference for all resources related to Debian GNU/Hurd that can be useful for users and developers. Feel free to add more stuff as you see fit.
"In a discussion with the Debian Hurd porters it was decided that the Hurd port stays on FTPMaster until Wheezy is released. Should they have managed to get the port into a state that it is released together with all the others (probably as a technology preview), it is kept in the archive. Should they not manage this the port will be removed from the main archive and move fully to debian-ports.org."1
What is Debian GNU/Hurd ?
Debian GNU/Hurd is an operating system from Debian, but which uses GNU Hurd, which is a set of servers, running on top of the GNU Mach microkernel instead of the kernel named Linux (thus the name Debian GNU/Hurd). Some day, most applications will exist both in Debian GNU/Hurd and in Debian GNU/Linux.
- Installation and testing:
- This is the prefered method of install.
Pre-build image files (*.img.*) at http://people.debian.org/~sthibault/hurd-i386/
TheHurd page. (Merge?)
IRC channel: http://www.gnu.org/software/hurd/irc.html
Goals for releasing in jessie
This is on a separate page:
Goals for later
- IPv6 support in d-i (after it is settled for linux).
upgrade libfuse compatibility to >= 2.6.5, with fuse_lowlevel.h, http://www.gnu.org/software/hurd/hurd/libfuse.html
- add cpuid-based autoloading of libc0.3-i686
- add autoloading of libc0.3-xen
Packages in debian-ports
Packages marked with need to be integrated in the main archive.
- (hurd-any) cardmgr-gnumach
- wifi, can live without
emacs-defaults, to remove
- Add hardware watch support.
- -k option issue fixed by exec_file_name patch in libc.
isc-dhcp, to remove
- build with patched tdb
- Ship ntpdate at least.
- (hurd-any) random-egd
- make it an alternative to Marcus' C implementation
- can live without
- can postpone
- (hurd-any) util-hurd
- (hurd-any) wireless-tools-gnumach
- just for wifi, can live without
- util-linux, fix for fdisk commited upstream.
- DD-accessible machines running GNU/Hurd:
hurd-i386: see ArchiveQualification/hurd-i386
Patches that are only needed for Debian (either because they're fixed-upstream, or because of their Debian-specific nature)
http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2011/03/msg00015.html - Debian pushes development of the Hurd port (1)