Adding information about online participation
converted to 1.6 markup
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 22:||Line 22:|
|* Your participation also entitles you to assist to any of the other events in the [http://foromundial.solve.net.ve/wiki/index.php?n=Main.ForoPrograma program] for the 4th. World Forum on Free Knowledge. This is a work in progress.||* Your participation also entitles you to assist to any of the other events in the [[http://foromundial.solve.net.ve/wiki/index.php?n=Main.ForoPrograma|program]] for the 4th. World Forum on Free Knowledge. This is a work in progress.|
Where and how?
- Maturín, Monagas State, in Venezuela.
- Arrive to the Simón Bolívar International Airport (SVMI) at Maiquetía, 45 minutes away from Caracas. Then you can fly to Maturín (circa 150 USD, payable in local currency) or go to Caracas and take a bus to Maturín (circa 20 USD, payable in local currency). However, the bus trip takes around 8 hours.
If you arrive well before Tuesday 17th., please contact JoseParrella in order to get a place in one of the buses that will depart from Caracas to Maturin, free of cost.
- Coming from Bolivia? Please note that Lloyd Aereo Boliviano only flies into Caracas on tuesdays and fridays, so please schedule your flight to arrive well before the event or route through Colombia or Perú flying TACA.
There will be a camping place, so feel free to bring your tent and/or sleeping bag. If you are not willing to camp, you can rent an hotel room for under 30 USD/night, but please contact JoseParrella well in advance (that means now).
- From Tuesday, October 17th through Saturday, October 21st. Venues will open around 0800 and close around 1800. BoF's and out-of-the-schedule events will of course happen after hours at the Camping Place and the Hotels.
Who and what?
- Customizing Debian - Working with the greater Debian world (Enrico Zini)
- (Benjamin Mako Hill)
- (Álvaro López Ortega)
- Four spanish-language workshops (three of them will be packaging-related, the other one is Developing with Perl and GTK)
- Five spanish-language talks (most of them will be Debian propaganda woohoo)
- Several demonstrations (including an eight-node flight simulator using Flightgear, LTSP, several GIS, a GPS tracker, joysticks and three-way-beamer display, Debian of course!)
Your participation also entitles you to assist to any of the other events in the program for the 4th. World Forum on Free Knowledge. This is a work in progress.
Participating through the Internet
This is a work in progress. Towards the beginning of the event, several of this ideas will be defined.
- Weblogs (every speaker and willing and able attendant will have access to post in english or spanish about the event)
- Audio streaming (this depends on the final carriers providing connectivity, currently a 768 Kbps frame relay has been offered)
- Chat sessions (#solve at irc.freenode.net, #debian-ve at irc.debian.org)
- The weather at Maturin is hot and dry. Bring light clothes and drink water at the place of the event. Weather in Caracas is a little cooler, but note that this is summer time in Venezuela.
- Security is guaranteed at the camping place.
- You need to change your foreign currency at the airport, at one of the well-designated booths. Credit and debit cards (non-Amex, mostly Visa and Mastercard) are advised.
- Your GSM phone will work through the entire country (734-01 Digitel -formerly Infonet-, 734-02 Digitel, 734-03 Digitel -formerly Digicel-). CDMA-based technologies might or might not enjoy a roaming service.
If you have any question or special requirement please contact JoseParrella or any other of the Debian Venezuela staff.