For a DebianRelease to support well a platform, here is a proposition of basic criteria to meet.
- there must be a developer-accessible debian.org machine for the architecture.
- the architecture must have an actual, running, working buildd
- the port must include basic unix functionality, e.g resolving DNS names and firewalling
buildds are Internet-plugged in order to be useful
- the architecture must be able to run a buildd 24/7 sustained (without crashing)
- the supported architecture must have sufficient buildds to keep up with the volume of uploaded packages
- the supported architecture must have successfully compiled most of the archive's source (excluding architecture-specific packages)
- binary packages must be built from the unmodified Debian source
(required, among other reasons, for license compliance)
- the supported architecture must have a working, tested DebianInstaller
- there must be security support team for this architecture
- 5 DebianDeveloper who will use or work on the port must support the architecture.
- the port must have at least 50 users