Unofficial Release Related Info and Links
Read http://www.debian.org/devel/testing first.
Read the Release Updates
See the release team site http://release.debian.org/
RC Bugs and blockers
RC Bug Squashing Primer: http://people.debian.org/~vorlon/rc-bugsquashing.html
Filter more updated RC bug list using: http://tinyurl.com/5vgtq (bts.turmzimmer.net)
Why is package X not in testing yet? (includes top blocking packages): http://bjorn.haxx.se/debian/
Canonical RC bug lists: release-critical
- See below for info about missing binaries.
- debian installer bugs?
ftp.debian.org bugs (see packages needing removal): ftp.debian.org
Responsibilities of ftp masters (e.g. http://lists.debian.org/debian-project/2005/02/msg00184.html ).
firstname.lastname@example.org officially archived on the web at http://lists.debian.org/debian-release (perhaps searchable keywords to http://www.google.com/search?q=%22debian-release%22+site%3Alists.debian.org )
See ReleaseProposals for proposed/proposing changes to the release process.
Release documentation is handled by debian-doc? Release notes under development at: http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/ddp/manuals/trunk/release-notes/en/
Real i386 info: http://higgs.djpig.de/upgrade-i386/
Testing security issues: http://security-tracker.debian.net/tracker/status/release/testing
Package hasn't been uploaded for one or more architectures,
http://www.debian.org/devel/testing under "My package is stalled because it's out of date on some architecture. What do I do?"
- It's better to have a buildd build a package to make sure that one can be used to do any future security builds.
Other resources (todo/links to find)?
- debian-installer (d-i) info?
- Answer "Release Candidate" means? (i.e. britney qualifications list)
- Relate info above to availability and temporary problems (was in early revisions of this page?)
- Relate above info to new or critical uploads (was in early revisions of this page?)
- It'd be nice to show packages that have a large tree of reverse dependencies (like flac, openldap, shadow...).